Drunk hit-and-run driver in Bangkok flees scene with victim clinging to bonnet (video)

webfact

3 hours ago, webfact said:

He had been drinking at an entertainment venue called Royal City Avenue (RCA) before the accident occurred

The hit and run was bad but this is where he really crossed line. Lucky they discovered this most critical detail of the case.

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, 2009 said:

I dunno. I'll leave that to the lawyers.

They guy hanging onto his bonnet was playing sillybuggers. It was not the accident in progress. The accident was a separate event.

It looked like they were trying to get into the locked vehicle or trying to get the driver out.

If either of which had transpired, the driver could have been on the receiving end of a violent gang attack, so he/she fled to safety. Fair enough.

I not think the motorcycle drivers had any right to do that to someone after an accident. They should let the police handle the matter.

I tend to agree.
The problem with leaving it to the police though is that they know how it will end; with the taxi rider being charged for damage to the car, or something equally as idiotic. Hence this trend of vigilante justice we see here. Just my opinion. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

So I am assuming 'designated driver' doesn't translate into Thai?

Or failing that this 20 year old driving a Merc could not afford a Taxi?

He needs to be hit with full prison sentence and fine and lose his license for good?

Will that happen..................????? NO!

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, chang1 said:

Being drunk not a problem?

Ah, you're right. I missed that part. Haha.

Yeah, he should be charged with a DUI.

But the motorcycle taxi driver seemed to sustain no injuries from the actual accident itself, but rather from his own actions from how he treated someone's property.

I don't think the driver should be held responsible for his injuries as he was willingly laying on the car. Clearly a wannabe police officer. He's due a career change, haha

• Sad 3
  • Love It 1
  • Thumbs Up 1