UPDATE: Injured young Brit transferred to UK for treatment after 3 months in Thailand hospital

snoop1130

1 hour ago, itsari said:

Good news the young man is back home and slowly recovering. 

I would like to see more responsibility placed on businesses that hire out motorcycle's to people with no license . 

5555555 TIT.

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, freedomnow said:

Is it ? He, got hosed (or donors got crowd-emptied) for 53k, and 20k flight due to voided or no insurance.

Sounded like he did a lot of it to himself.....I hope he makes a full recovery. 

2 hours ago, itsari said:

I would like to see more responsibility placed on businesses that hire out motorcycle's to people with no license . 

:cheesy:    good luck with that one    !

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Just now, steven100 said:

:cheesy:    good luck with that one    !

Of course I have to agree with your comment . 

If Thailand wishes to progress as a progressive country changes need to be made . That is one that could make a difference to many unfortunate enough to be involved with an accident and be refused insurance as they had no licence . Of course not forgetting the inexperienced riders that are killed or badly injured .

9 hours ago, aussienam said:

Responsibility for this mess rests on the shoulders of this young man, who now faces partial blindness and other issues. 

Totally agree with you there.

I call this totally irresponsible, as I have said before, this problem could go away very quickly, if the Thai government would fine and prosecute those who rent bikes without proper insurance and or make people who travel to any country in the world take out travel insurance, sure that would be controlling the masses, but no different to everyday control.

Thailand on the other hand is not a nanny state like back home, and therefore these types of accidents/deaths will continue to happen, so the way I look at it is, is that, it is what it is, and I will look after myself, i.e. read the fine prints on travel insurance polices when I travel and make sure that I am appropriately licensed, as for the others, well, can't say I give a fart, so to speak.

Edited by 4MyEgo
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, arick said:

He is lucky.  How many foreigners have died after a month in the hospital leaving a 10 million baht bill. I know at least three in the last year. 

I Know of one A Very Good friend of mine that had paid his Bills of " Over 1.5 Million Baht " But He Still Passed Away 1 Day after being released from Hospital.....

3 hours ago, itsari said:

I agree, but maybe also, a complete and inclusive break-down of the hospital bill in Thailand as well? 

• Confused 2
  • Thumbs Up 1