Stray dogs intimidate foreign tourists at Krabi’s Ao Nang Beach

snoop1130

And I thought only cop hound tourists in Pattaya!! May be these dogs are trained to ask for documents for tourists and the illegal dog they are carrying and pushing them to a 'smart car' where they can be tested for drugs....

Thailand.. Hub of Smart Dogs.

Edited by RandiRona
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Mavideol said:

(...) too many bad things happening, TAT (if concerned about tourists)  should be concerned

When did the TAT ever care about anything than the total number of tourists and the money they spend? Being concerned about the safety of tourists? Only if it was heavily discussed in social media, if at all.

Edited by StayinThailand2much
  • Like 1

I have been more than annoyed by packs of dogs when I have been hiking along public roads in many parts of Thailand, outside tourist areas. It is part of life in Thailand and some other countries. In Buriram I showed some video of particularly aggressive dogs to the police and just asked for advice. The officer showed the video to his collegues and he said he understood my problem. At least that was comforting ????

In some places the owners are also near but don't do anything. One must get used to that.

Many funny dialogues:

local people: you shouldn't kick, you must pick up something and throw at them

me: but if I bend down they will bite me  ????

In one place I had a small branch of tree stashed away behind a tree and used to aim at them with when I passed that area. (public road in a city, but hiking on foot is no big thing in Thailand, the dogs rule)

But to the defense of Thai dogs I can say that I have only been bitten softly a couple of times and that rabies is hopefully not so common.

Edited by thailandsgreat
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Get rid of them. Pests akin to rats.  Civilized countries dont have this problem, nor do countries that are trying to attract the mythical "well heeled" tourist crowd.  

If people want dogs as pets, fine. On their own property, leashed if off property. 

• Like 2

I'm totally in favour of rounding up these dogs and offering them for sale to Korea, Myanmar or wherever else they eat them.

Good earner for the government - winner for tourists and for Thais wishing to dump their unwanted dogs.

So many advantages, but sadly, unlikely to happen

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

15 hours ago, daveAustin said:

Nothing speaks louder than third world than packs of stray dogs chasing down tourists. There's been a huge surge of them since the army took over. That's how effective the Thai army is. ????

Not disagreeing but the video doesn't show that, doesn't look like much to me at all...

The OP photo does show a bit more of a dynamic situation but you will note that is sourced as "Google" and totally unrelated to this incident- from what I can tell. 

It's almost as if the foreign oriented press here in Thailand know what topics are going to get a reaction and try to manufacture something along those lines to generate traffic  :whistling:

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Not only that beach, Huge problems around Nai Harn in Phuket, ride your bike around the lake and packs of them come running out, many people have come off their bikes, one of my friends did I had to take him to hospital, 

I think some years ago the Chinese tourist did a lot of complaining about the amount of stray dogs in my area,

1 minute ago, ChipButty said:

Not only that beach, Huge problems around Nai Harn in Phuket, ride your bike around the lake and packs of them come running out, many people have come off their bikes, one of my friends did I had to take him to hospital, 

I think some years ago the Chinese tourist did a lot of complaining about the amount of stray dogs in my area,

Must be fake news there, the holy Soi Dog Foundation claim they solved the doggie problem on Phuket years ago ????