proving you had a vasectomy

BananaBandit

Almost 10 years ago, I had a laser vasectomy in the U.S.  Three months after this procedure, I had the same hospital's lab tell me I was now infertile. 

The chances that, after 10 years, things suddenly realigned to make me fertile are pretty remote, right?

Also, in case it's ever necessary, how does someone prove he got a laser vasectomy?   

Do hospitals and insurance companies keep long-term records of such procedures?

Let her prove it's yours - DNA test,  much simpler than trying to chase medical records half way around the world. I have heard the procedure isn't 100% though fwiw

ps... usually you annotate these questions with "asking for a friend"

Edited by Snugs08

When mine was done 20+ years ago they lasered me and added clips to prevent "possible regrowth or reconnection"   dont know for sure if it can grown back together. Just do a test and they will tell you 

I had the old fashioned way, cut and tied, they actually removed a section to make sure it couldnt re attatch, still have the scars. When they cut the vas deferens they would have to re join within a couple of months for the vasectomy to fail so if you are being told you got someone pregnant just tell them you had a vasectomy & you are sterile so you cannot be the father

10 hours ago, BananaBandit said:

how does someone prove he got a laser vasectomy?   

Have sex with young fertile women  your wife & show lack of impregnation? ????

Edited by mania

I think you can prove you are infertile but not that you've had a vasectomy, except maybe produce the paperwork dating back to the procedure (doctor's or hospital's invoice).

Regrowth is rare, but the courts in the West use it as a pretext to make non biological fathers pay child support. This is outrageous because it only takes a few years before your body's immune system turns against sperms. 

In the West mothers who get child support will not allow a single hair of the baby to be collected for DNA testing. It's a violation of the baby's human rights you see. Having a man pay all his life for raising another man's child is not a violation of human rights though.

I've read that in some cases the courts have sentenced a man for not telling the woman beforehand he was infertile. Damned if you do, damned if you don't

Edited by JackGats

10 hours ago, jvs said:

I got the snip 25 years ago before i moved here.

A girl i knew told me she was pregnant and that i was the father,we both

went to the hospital and i told the doctor i could not be the father.

He asked me to provide a sperm sample in a room next to his office and it

was send to the lab.

Five minuted later the result was,no sperm cells in my sample.

The doctor told her i could not be the father,she ran out and i never saw her again.

I can totally picture this.

Do you know if the government hospitals conduct this sperm check?    

Most of the time, I'm not in any area that has clinics geared to foreigners.

5 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

Girls will try to pin it on a guy they want to be the father, usually because of money.

Get a sperm test, If in Pattaya 300 baht at Lifecare Lab, 1600 baht at Memorial with unnecessary doctor consultation 

300 baht sounds like a swell deal.  Unfortunately, I'm nowhere near Pattaya at the moment.  Do you know if government hospitals conduct this test for foreigners?

5 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

Girls will try to pin it on a guy they want to be the father, usually because of money.

Get a sperm test, If in Pattaya 300 baht at Lifecare Lab, 1600 baht at Memorial with unnecessary doctor consultation 

The woman of course, should pay for this test...

2 hours ago, BananaBandit said:

I did it in a private hospital but the cost was very low,i think around 500 baht.

I would imagine government hospitals also do this,it is a very simple procedure.

It took the words of the doctor to convince the girl,she did not believe me.

14 hours ago, Swiss1960 said:

Proof of vasectomy is irrelevant, as there is a small chance of reversal over long time.

As above, either DNS testing or have your "output" tested for live sperms

This.

What you need is a simple sperm count.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BananaBandit said:

Large govt hospitals can, but getting them to do so may be an issue.

Private lab may be easier.

Where exactly are you located?

If your issue is women insisting you wear a condom, these do a lot more than prevent pregnancy. Proof you are infertile may not resolve the issue as the woman may want disease protection even if not comfortable saying so outright.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1