Isaan thinking of Falang

Stevey

"He has only ever known me as his guardian/father although he knows, I think, that I’m not his actual father. But at Five he has no concept"

So at 5 years old, his mother is thai, he is full thai  and you are falang  and you think he may not know you are not his biological father????????????

Edited by hellohello123
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, save the frogs said:

stevey, let me give you some advice.

first and foremost, you need to learn how to use semi colons if you wish to be happy in life. 

I don’t believe I’ve ever use a semicolon; you don’t see them too often, but I do like a comma, as I do like to go off at a tangent, about 23 times a story. 

Edited by Stevey

2 hours ago, Stevey said:

I’m not Australian I’m a million miles in the opposite direction I’m English. I would not go to Oz if you gave me a free house and car. That government is evil. 

What a heap of nonsense I hope I don't smoke tat s**** you are on.

5 hours ago, Stevey said:

I’m not Australian I’m a million miles in the opposite direction I’m English. I would not go to Oz if you gave me a free house and car. That government is evil. 

Right! You don't know much!

2 hours ago, hellohello123 said:

you're boasting about your thai language/culture skills over someone else you are having a beef about, youre suddenly father of the year and know whats best, once challenged you retort with how Australia is a <deleted>hole

same "S*(t" different day, my friend

How is it boasting ? to Say that I have  an understanding of the language that some who profess to be Thai old hands don’t. I mean that rhetorically, you’re adding nothing with your laughing emoji’s. Thanks for your input but unless you can provide a counter narrative you’re just insulting me while I’m trying to insult the locals locals. 

The venting of my feelings and experiences is to inform from my perspective as someone who is up close and personal understanding what’s going on around me while I’m in this Isaan community. I’ve been here everyday for over 2 years. 

I hope the punctuation and grammar are acceptable in this post. I just had an ETD Emergency Toilet Disaster unfold as we got back from the local smoothie shack. It was battle stations getting from the bike to the toilet. I’d score me a 6/10 for accuracy, let’s get this place sluiced out. 

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Stevey said:

How is it boasting ? to Say that I have  an understanding of the language that some who profess to be Thai old hands don’t. I mean that rhetorically, you’re adding nothing with your laughing emoji’s. Thanks for your input but unless you can provide a counter narrative you’re just insulting me while I’m trying to insult the locals locals. 

The venting of my feelings and experiences is to inform from my perspective as someone who is up close and personal understanding what’s going on around me while I’m in this Isaan community. I’ve been here everyday for over 2 years. 

I hope the punctuation and grammar are acceptable in this post. I just had an ETD Emergency Toilet Disaster unfold as we got back from the local smoothie shack. It was battle stations getting from the bike to the toilet. I’d score me a 6/10 for accuracy, let’s get this place sluiced out. 

An farangy Isaan newbie that knows it all..............Bwaaaaaah.....????

• Thumbs Up 1

8 hours ago, soi3eddie said:

@Stevey 

You do seem to have a good grasp of local family life that many here have not experienced. Immersion in the culture is not something all have endured, hence comments on this forum. Good luck to you and please keep posting your experiences thus others will learn. 

Thanks for the wise words. 

Yes I hope people will get an insight to what goes on up here. I have a lot of experience not just gathered myself but from what others have been thru. I will also tell my failings that may contributed to the situations. 

From now on I will not answer back any more troll comments. 

Right off for some noodles…. Again ????

Just now, Stevey said:

Thanks for the wise words. 

Yes I hope people will get an insight to what goes on up here. I have a lot of experience not just gathered myself but from what others have been thru. I will also tell my failings that may contributed to the situations. 

From now on I will not answer back any more troll comments. 

Right off for some noodles…. Again ????

You forget, many of us members have lived in Isaan for many, many years, including me, and to be honest, your stuff reads like you haven't got a mind of your own, and been taken in.............????

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Stevey said:

Left about 1000 words for this, quoting you. Pressed submit, and it didn’t post again.  

Mods why does this happen ? 

IT only needed one word yes or no i don't need to read a book that has no ending

3 hours ago, BritManToo said:
6 hours ago, hellohello123 said:

its quite funny, your reactions/behaviour are so typical of old white guys who probably dont have much success in life back home so they go to asian countries where they start getting an inferiority complex, because theyre suddenly a lot wealthier, more handsome, start thinking you know better, and once challenged you get into a hissy fit

Expand  

If we weren't failures in our home countries, we wouldn't need to move here.

Speak for yourself.

• Like 1