Local expat needs help after motorbike incident

snoop1130

13 minutes ago, aussienam said:

Sounding like a broken record, but yet again another case of someone not sufficiently insured (under-insured), albeit at least he had partial cover. And yet another plea for financial help to be bailed out of this predicament. 

Many expats here have insufficient or no insurance at all and usually not enough personal funds to cover costs.  I have had chats with guys who admit they aren't sufficiently covered/not at all, but just don't really want to think about it.  The cheap policies that often expats opt for, are capped at low-end amounts that won't cover most ICU, critical care and complex issues.  

I feel pity for the guy, but I won't be contributing as I need my money to pay for my own proper insurance cover, which, yes is bloody expensive. 

My friend goes to Patts no insurance. Doesn't ride bikes but still something happens got no coverage. 

• Confused 6
  • Sad 3
  • Thumbs Up 1

I have now also looked at the full story from phuket GO and this is his quote from there. I still can’t find the quote you are referencing

“4 operations later the the insurance money has run out and there are a further 2 options required, one of which will be tomorrow.

I am asking for any monetary help that can be given through the money funding link below”

Edited by Pink Mist
A quoted post has been removed