Demand For 712 Baht Minimum Wage Nationwide At May Day Rally

webfact

Instead of this incredibly outdated and machiavellian day rate for hard working workers, why not campaign and implement a lawful and regulated hourly wage/salary - where flexibility and raises would be required.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, hotchilli said:

No way on planet earth is this going to happen.

Not saying they are not worth it, or it reflects the cost of living, just that if the minimum wage was raised to this nationwide Thailand would lose it's cheap labour niche and large corporations would move out.

Cheap skate pensionists living of the back of the low cost of living here in Thailand would be packing there bags to sponge of some other under developed country .

Not a problem 

• Confused 4
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, SoilSpoil said:

Raise to a 1,000 a day, collect income tax and improve society. CP's, and the likes of CP,  profit margins are criminal

Do you really think their profit margin would change.   Added overheard will just be passed on the to consume.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, Jotnar said:

Do you really think their profit margin would change.   Added overheard will just be passed on the to consume.

No, I dont think companies would voluntarily do that. But I woukd applaud it.

All that might be possible, when the population becomes the highest income taxed population in the World.

That may make them end up with as little as now, and by then complaining about their need for higher income and more welfare, lower electricity bill and lower fuel costs, and lower costs of living.

And don't forget that when minimum salary raise the prices for living expenses will go up – because everybody is paid a higher minimum salaray and other salaries also raise, bacause prices and inflation raise – and export falls, as the labour cost becomes too high, which often result in unemployment and more tax money needed for welfare.

How I know?

Well, I'm from the highest taxed country in the World, yes "Number One", it's named Denmark. The situation there is: An income tax between 38% and 53% plus an extra income tax of 8% on your work-income. i.e., your income tax from work can be between 46% and 61%; 25% v.a.t. on all goods and services; 25-150% tax on new cars – the more expensive car, the higher taxation – plus the annual tax depending on weight and fuel-type; an average unit price (kWh) for electricity equivalent to about 11 baht; diesel fuel around 65 baht per liter; and for the remaining subjects: "You name it, Denmark tax it"...:whistling:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SoilSpoil said:

Raise to a 1,000 a day, collect income tax and improve society. CP's, and the likes of CP,  profit margins are criminal

Raise to a 1000 and say bye bye to CP...as they'll move to Cambodia or Myanmar or China....and many others as well and millions will be unemployed. But the intellectual strong one will earn even more than 1000 Baht....

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

39 minutes ago, khunPer said:

All that might be possible, when the population becomes the highest income taxed population in the World.

That may make them end up with as little as now, and by then complaining about their need for higher income and more welfare, lower electricity bill and lower fuel costs, and lower costs of living.

And don't forget that when minimum salary raise the prices for living expenses will go up – because everybody is paid a higher minimum salaray and other salaries also raise, bacause prices and inflation raise – and export falls, as the labour cost becomes too high, which often result in unemployment and more tax money needed for welfare.

How I know?

Well, I'm from the highest taxed country in the World, yes "Number One", it's named Denmark. The situation there is: An income tax between 38% and 53% plus an extra income tax of 8% on your work-income. i.e., your income tax from work can be between 46% and 61%; 25% v.a.t. on all goods and services; 25-150% tax on new cars – the more expensive car, the higher taxation – plus the annual tax depending on weight and fuel-type; an average unit price (kWh) for electricity equivalent to about 11 baht; diesel fuel around 65 baht per liter; and for the remaining subjects: "You name it, Denmark tax it"...:whistling:

I thought Germany is the worst....I could never imagine that someone could beat them

7 hours ago, Srikcir said:

Here are some common debunked myths about raising the minimum wage:

"Five myths about raising the minimum wage — debunked" 

Originally published by the PA Capital-Star on October 3, 2019.

MYTH ONE: “The minimum wage was never meant to be a living wage. It’s primarily for young people starting out.” FALSE.

MYTH TWO: “Raising the minimum wage just increases the price of goods across the board.” FALSE.

MYTH THREE: “Raising the minimum wage will hurt people earning $12, $15, $18 an hour right now.” FALSE.

MYTH FOUR: “Raising the minimum wage will destroy small businesses.” FALSE.

MYTH FIVE: “Raising the minimum wage will lead to job loss.” FALSE.

Problem with a minimum wage many employees think that's all they need to pay.

Just a small percentage are paid a minimum wage in most countries. 

19 hours ago, h90 said:

Raise to a 1000 and say bye bye to CP...as they'll move to Cambodia or Myanmar or China....and many others as well and millions will be unemployed. But the intellectual strong one will earn even more than 1000 Baht....

'Bye bye'  to CP would be a blessing, seen the corruption, pollution, ability to change laws, and income disparity kept in check by them . Companies like CP are parasites, sucking society dry through cheap labor, greed, profit. The old chestnut of job creation is flawed when Thailand needs millions of migrant workers.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, SoilSpoil said:

'Bye bye'  to CP would be a blessing, seen the corruption, pollution, ability to change laws, and income disparity kept in check by them . Companies like CP are parasites, sucking society dry through cheap labor, greed, profit. The old chestnut of job creation is flawed when Thailand needs millions of migrant workers.

I read that they have 360.000 employees...maybe not all in Thailand. But you think they should be all fired and their junk food should be instead imported from China or USA? And as they are a major exporter it would also include some cuts in the social spending or higher VAT.
I am not a fan of CP or other companies like them. But having them is better than not having them as they won't get replaced with something better.