Airline crew stranded in Phuket & Bangkok as carrier goes bankrupt

snoop1130

3 hours ago, StayinThailand2much said:

GoAir - Go First - No go...

Wonder, why the crew is 'stuck' in Thailand. At least the pilots should be able to afford a flight ticket to India.

IIRC a few airlines used to allow other airline crews fly for free, IF the aircraft was not full.

While that would work for cabin and cockpit crews, I am not sure if there are any permanent staff from India in Thailand.

10 hours ago, billd766 said:

IIRC a few airlines used to allow other airline crews fly for free, IF the aircraft was not full.

While that would work for cabin and cockpit crews, I am not sure if there are any permanent staff from India in Thailand.

Regarding the cockpit crew, I believe that according to the woke post-modernist newspeak language, cockpit has been politically corrected to flight-deck. 

Reminds me of the joke about a passenger asking to see the cockpit, but was told that as the flight crew were all female, the cockpit had been renamed.......and not as the flight-deck.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

The the term "Cockpit" was considered inappropriate, the Yanks coined the term "flight deck".  We always like the term "Box Office" more, but decided the "awakened" people would be offended.

Many aeronautical terms originated from a Nautical background.   During the days of large sailing vessels, the crew carried livestock for their daily larder as needed.  The Cock (rooster) would often perch up in the wheelhouse area and thus the term "Cockpit" was coined.

Flight crew is good for 30 days in Thailand without visa if they carry a copy of the crew dec they entered the country with.   Don't know if Thai IO stamps your passport now days as flight crew on Crew Dec status.   They never stamped mine when I enter on crew dec, but that was few years back.

• Like 1

I heard Allan Joyce was out of a job at Qantas maybe this chicken run airline could employ Joyce. 

Now the airliner staff know what its like for the millions of budget flyers who get screwed like a pooch with cancelled flights, lost bags, stranded in Lord knows were without a brass razoo to their name, have engines fail and bits falling of airplanes and have to return to the nearest airport asap to be stranded yet again.

Namaste ... to GoF..k Yourself Airlines ????????????

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

I dont think I would be going near an Indian budget airline, I remember many years ago flying from Goa to Sharjah on Indian Airlines, business class it was disgusting I dumped the return flight and flew from Dubai to Mumbai then back down to Goa on Jet Airlines

Interesting.

It's the airline that is in a long dispute with Pratt&Whitney and their problem ridden engines. They claim that half of their fleet was grounded due to lack of repair and spare parts by P&W.

Now you know why it might not be a good idea to limit the fleet to one type of plane and engine.

P&W claims that GoFirst has a long history of non payment.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, stoner said:

maybe they shouldn't of let general aladeen be CEO. 

You’re in big Aladeen. It’s Admiral General Aladeen. Expect a visit from his women bodyguards. They’ll first Aladeen you, wait til you’re Aladeened. You should be very Aladeened now for insulting the great Dictator. You need all the Aladeen you can get. Good Aladeen for now. 

• Confused 1

On 5/5/2023 at 8:56 AM, Tropposurfer said:

Now the airliner staff know what its like for the millions of budget flyers who get screwed

???????????? Hilarious! Do you think the freaking crews are responsible for airline cockups? They are as vulnerable to mismanagement by their greedy corporate masters as are passengers.