Welcome to the long weekend, and remember the alcohol ban

snoop1130

2 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

For 24 hours, eight of which you'll probably be sleeping?

yes your kinda right !    so it'll just be from say 6-9pm sat ... then 1.00pm -- 6pm Sun ....  ( that's the drink times)

just gotta make sure because I'll get pretty grumpy if I can't get a beer ....    just sayin'

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, stoner said:
34 minutes ago, snoop1130 said:

but you all know where you can find a sneaky drink if you absolutely need to

advocating crime now. 

Selling alcohol during those 24 hours would be an offence but is drinking that same alcohol illegal?

I can't await the quiet night here in the noisy Central Pattaya ????????????????. Great ????????????????. And next Saturday again ????????????????. Normally only the Buddha days give me such a pleasure.

• Sad 2

9 minutes ago, Mickeymaus said:

I can't await the quiet night here in the noisy Central Pattaya ????????????????. Great ????????????????. And next Saturday again ????????????????. Normally only the Buddha days give me such a pleasure.

masterful. 

37 minutes ago, transam said:

Why do you live there...?    ????

Because I idiot bought a bigger condo here at a time when it was very quiet. Did I emphasize the words "idiot" and "here" enough?

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Selling alcohol during those 24 hours would be an offence but is drinking that same alcohol illegal?

No. You can drink as much as you like. You just can't buy it or sell it. Stock up beforehand if you need to. 

• Haha 1

37 minutes ago, JimTripper said:

Why is alcohol banned on certain holidays?

Is it because people may act stupid while drunk?

There often isn't any logical in it, it's trivial to go to a mum and pop shop any time of the day and pick up a crate or two unless you are in CBD, guaranteed most of people that stand by this silly restriction are slushed tomorrow.

9 hours ago, steven100 said:

yes your kinda right !    so it'll just be from say 6-9pm sat ... then 1.00pm -- 6pm Sun ....  ( that's the drink times)

just gotta make sure because I'll get pretty grumpy if I can't get a beer ....    just sayin'

You don’t need to explain yourself to anyone, Steven. 

Always found it kinda queer those that revel in Thailand’s oft illogical quirks. Think about the unawares tourists just off the boat looking for fun. Tf has an election got to do with them? Teetotallers/juice drinkers need not apply. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

The four-day holiday will be marked by a 24-hour sales ban on alcohol across the country starting from 6pm on Saturday, May 6, until 6pm on Sunday, May 7, in accordance with Thai election laws. This ban will also be enforced during the actual election weekend next week – starting from 6pm on Saturday, May 13, until 6pm on Sunday, May 14.

Thankfully  my local mom & pop shop has a short memory served with a smile.

Bless them.

13 hours ago, simon43 said:

Thank heavens I don't need to worry about this ban - no one is going to ban drinking healthy fruit juice ????

True. I drink my healthy fruit juice in the form of grapes as wine. Drs. have said the red wine is healthy for my heart both physically and mentally.