Hotel warns of pretty woman who dodges room fees, leaves mess and bloodstains

webfact

image.jpeg

Photo via Sanook.

by Samantha Rose

A hotel owner in Udon Thani province has posted a warning for other hotel operators about a pretty 25 year old woman who has not only avoided paying her hotel bill, but also left her room in a miserable state. The owner claims that upon inspection, the room was found to be unclean and damaged to such an extent that the staff had to bear the responsibility indeed.

The owner issued a warning for all hotels in Udon Thani province about this particular guest. Reportedly, she stayed at a hotel in the area between April 25 and 29, but avoided paying for her room between April 30 and May 2. On May 3, she informed the hotel that she was checking out but still did not pay her bill. Instead, she used the opportunity when staff members were attending to other guests to slip away unnoticed. In addition to the unpaid bill, the hotel’s property was found damaged, including blood-stained linens that could not be cleaned as they had been left for days. The guest’s refusal to let housekeeping staff into her room made matters worse.

Ultimately, the responsibility for paying for the damage fell on the hotel employees, who had to spend their hard-earned salaries to cover the bill for this unknown guest. Many would deem this unjust, considering the effort people put in to earn their money. The owner’s post expressed surprise at the character of the woman who had outer beauty and appeared to be well-dressed, but had chosen to behave in such a manner. 

Full story: https://thethaiger.com/hot-news/crime/hotel-warning-attractive-woman-dodges-room-fees-leaves-mess-and-bloodstains-for-staff-to-deal-with

Thaiger

-- © Copyright Thaiger 2023-05-06

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

The most versatile and flexible rental investment and holiday home solution in Thailand - click for more information.

• Sad 3
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, JoePai said:

Ultimately, the responsibility for paying for the damage fell on the hotel employees

Why ?????

They have a similar system to beer bars and girls working. 

If a bar bill is not paid the employees are accountable. 

• Sad 4

3 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

1. How was she able to get away with staying without paying? I don't think I have ever stayed at a hotel, without paying in advance. 

2. Why are the owners of the hotel behaving so poorly? Making the staff pay for new sheets? Most foul, indeed. Very toxic people. 

3. What does her beauty have to do with anything? 

How do we know she is pretty? Blurred face. In Isaan some hotels allow later payment. Not many though. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, webfact said:

Ultimately, the responsibility for paying for the damage fell on the hotel employees, who had to spend their hard-earned salaries to cover the bill for this unknown guest.

I'd be looking for alternative employment.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Adumbration said:

Sigh....

Arguably the most critical election in Thailand's history is about to occur in another week and this is the news feed we get.

Sigh...

Not everyone is fixated on just the election.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, hotchilli said:

I'd be looking for alternative employment.

The problem is they're all at it. The better off shifting the normal costs of doing business (allowing for breakages anyone?) onto minimum wage employees. Something similar happened to a friend of mine recently. 

• Like 1

The owner’s post expressed surprise at the character of the woman who had outer beauty and appeared to be well-dressed, but had chosen to behave in such a manner.

Beauty is merely skin deep. A physically beautiful person does not mean her character is also beautiful. As demonstrated here.  Pity if Thai culture actually correlates beauty to being a good person.  Ugly therefore may equate to an undesirable character if this was the case. 

A very flawed and unfortunate assumption. 

Beautiful women (Thai pretties) in Thailand (like other countries) do get a lot of excessive attention, causing narcissism, self-entitlement, spoilt, greedy, lazy types.  Why try hard when men are throwing money at you and cleaning up after you?  The new age uber SIMP, woke culture. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, webfact said:

Ultimately, the responsibility for paying for the damage fell on the hotel employees, who had to spend their hard-earned salaries to cover the bill for this unknown guest.

what ? :omfg:

:post-4641-1156693976:

I'm an expat living here about three years now.  Been fortunate to make some good Thai friends.  One thing I have noticed and puzzled about is how Thai employers and business owners, in at least some instances, are very exploitative toward their workers; the people who actually make their wealth possible.  I don't understand that entitled mindset, no matter the country.  

• Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, JoePai said:

Ultimately, the responsibility for paying for the damage fell on the hotel employees

Why ?????

Why not? This is a a third world country with virtually no rights, remember?