Deodorants

KannikaP

Well if you covered your entire body with it then I guess you wouldn't need to shower for 72 hours!

In theory deodorants can stop you getting sweaty armpits for up to 72 hours, with out reapplication.

• Thumbs Up 1

A few years back (1980's) a friend recommended an anti-perspirant. I forget the name. It said it was based upon anti-perspirants introduced in the 1950's. It came with a warning to use one squirt and one squirt only. Of course, I had to know what would happen if I used two. I wish I hadn't, it was painful. This product was 100% effective. You couldn't wash it off. You had to wait for your skin to shed naturally.   

Edited by The Fugitive

15 minutes ago, Dmaxdan said:

Well if you covered your entire body with it then I guess you wouldn't need to shower for 72 hours!

In theory deodorants can stop you getting sweaty armpits for up to 72 hours, with out reapplication.

What's the difference in the action of an Antiperspirant and a Deodorant please?

26 minutes ago, KannikaP said:

What's the difference in the action of an Antiperspirant and a Deodorant please?

An antiperspirant stops you sweating. A deodorant just masks bad odors.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, KannikaP said:

It does what it says on the tin .

Antiperspirant stops you from perspiring 

Deodorant stops you from smelling 

Some deodorant is just spray with a nice smell and doesn't stop you from sweating at all 

• Love It 1

I have been off deodorants completely. Instead I use Aloe Vera for my under arms. I also use it for my hair and face cream. It doesn't smell anything but it definitely keeps you dry. You can buy them in Tesco or Big C. I think they are about 180-200 baht and lasts for months. Way more healthier than all the chemicals you get from deodorants. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, steven100 said:

and why do shirt underarm turn yellow after using deodorants, and the yellow is extremely difficult to remove.  

Probably because you didn't read the instructions and are applying it wrong.   Most advise to use overnight.  So it's absorbed into the skin before sweating or getting rubbed off ... on 'your shirt'.

• Confused 1
  • Love It 1

2 hours ago, The Fugitive said:

A few years back (1980's) a friend recommended an anti-perspirant. I forget the name. It said it was based upon anti-perspirants introduced in the 1950's. It came with a warning to use one squirt and one squirt only. Of course, I had to know what would happen if I used two. I wish I hadn't, it was painful. This product was 100% effective. You couldn't wash it off. You had to wait for your skin to shed naturally.   

It just kills you then - "no sweat."  :thumbsup:

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, KhunLA said:

Probably because you didn't read the instructions and are applying it wrong.   Most advise to use overnight.  So it's absorbed into the skin before sweating or getting rubbed off ... on 'your shirt'.

Nothing to do with sweat and the deodorant concoction then...????

8 minutes ago, MeaMaximaCulpa said:

Can't wait to try that ????

why are you making my homemade deodorant?

it actually sells commercially, but it's very expensive if you buy it pre-made. 

anti-perspirants are evil. you're blocking the body's natural process.

the more chemicals you put on your body, the greater the chance of getting cancer. 

Edited by save the frogs
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Wow... some people seriously over thinking deodorant !!!... 

The only issue I have with it is the price... Its 164 baht for Rexona or Nivea... which is outrageously expensive and nearly 300% of the cost of the same deodorants in the UK. 

Use deodorant after every shower. If you don’t shower every day, use it anyway.

Also, shave under your arms, you stink. Ideally, shave your whole body under your eyebrows. Take care of yourself. You will feel younger, cleaner and more put together.

People don’t like being around other people who stink. Get it taken care of.

1 hour ago, richard_smith237 said:

Wow... some people seriously over thinking deodorant !!!... 

The only issue I have with it is the price... Its 164 baht for Rexona or Nivea... which is outrageously expensive and nearly 300% of the cost of the same deodorants in the UK. 

I think Rexona is the same as what is called Sure in the UK. Certainly has a similar design with the same blue tick on the container.

As an aside. Isn't there some sort of crystal that people use as an anti perspirant?

17 hours ago, save the frogs said:

yeah, agree. most of these products contain crap that are bad for the body.

i finally got around to making my own. it's super easy to make.

just mix corn starch, baking soda, and coconut oil.

you can add some essential oils for scent. 

makes a nice paste, totally all-natural and works great.

i love it and i ain't going back to commercial deodorants. 

Way to go in general. Corn starch--mostly to dilute the baking soda; with coconut oil, makes an oily paste.

Better I found is to mix baking soda with Red Cock white spirits (kills them bugs) in small bottle. Experiment for the right concentration; 1 to 5's about right for me. Add a drop or two of essential oil. Shake just before applying. So that's the deo. Non-staining.

Need heavier duty, rub on a Thai alum crystal stick for anti-perspirant. This lasts surprisingly well for most of the day and is easily reapplied. Commercial deos, besides overpriced, irritate my underarms.

• Thumbs Up 1