Pheu Thai is facing a threat of dissolution with complaint being pursued by Election Commission

webfact

2 hours ago, h90 said:

Actually dissolve should mean that the party is finished not that they do the same with other name and sister, daughter, family dog as nominee. Being the same party should be enough to destroy the new incarnation.

How pathetic.

Unable to accept losing like adults.

Fancy supporting the other side being disqualified simply because they keep beating you…. what poor, poor sportsmanship.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

6 hours ago, FarAway said:

What do you even mean with this comment?

So you think if Pheu Thai wins, they would just never implement this digital wallet based on blockchain with the implemented function to limit the spending radius?

Okay, your opinion. You are entitled to that one. 

But I am entitled to mine and I am sure they would actually implement this system. I think that they want to implement this is the reason why they are so heavily pushed by very influential people. Because these powerful people would like to see this system implemented to even further enhance their power over the people.

Sad that, based of the reactions I got to my first post, not many of you even consider that scenario. I mean sure, this forum is full of old expats which have nothing to say in Thailand anyway. But it is definitely a reflection of the general opinion in Thailand, based on recent polls, people on Reddit, Facebook and the people my wife knows.

Really hope the Army will intervene. I do not like the Army. I am a Libertarian and do not like any rulers.

But I am just hoping for the lesser evil. Not even necessarily for me and my family as we will leave Thailand soon anyway, but for the Thai people. Nice people but sadly very gullible.

You dont like the army ,ok 

Why choose Thailand to live ? 

Do not worry about block chain when 90 percent of the population have no idea what it means 

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, rabiedabruce said:

Peoples memories are short. Last time Pheu Thai aka Taksin got in, the retirement fund requirement was raised from 200k to 800k, the dormant 90 day report was vigorously reinstated and the ability to buy booze went from all day to the ridiculous 2 to 5 pm. Chiang Mai Zoo's animals were introduced to the facilities restaurant, Tak Bai many died as did the 'war on drugs' 200k summarily shot dead in the streets. He refused to answer questions from the press by holding up a silly paddle with a cross on it if he didn't like what was being asked. Everyone was glad to see the back of him and his 'sister' and his (not her) rice scheme which left many in debt and suicides among rice farmers soared. Just because military bad does not make terrible Taksin 'good'.

A fair bit of bull crap in your list, but also some truth. What does it say about the junta that despite some obviously unsavoury history, Thaksin is still vastly more popular than you beloved junta stooges. I wonder what the list of reasons the Thai people have for hating Prayuth and co so much looks like?

8 minutes ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

Same here. First Suchinda, then Sonthi and then Prayuth. 

When Prayut finds out he has no cards to play with as a result of the general election he could be the first with a second coup .

• Confused 1

31 minutes ago, MrMojoRisin said:

How pathetic.

Unable to accept losing like adults.

Fancy supporting the other side being disqualified simply because they keep beating you…. what poor, poor sportsmanship.

they got disqualified for breaking the law....for crimes and the boss is on the run, he is a criminal....

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, proton said:

who was the bigger criminal, the one winning two elections, or the one leading an illegal coup?

This who is sentenced by the courts....and running from prison time. The coup was not illegal, read the constitution, they wrote a free card into it.

• Sad 2
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, h90 said:

This who is sentenced by the courts....and running from prison time. The coup was not illegal, read the constitution, they wrote a free card into it.

Coup leaders are always traitors to the constitution, changing if after to give themselves a get out of jail card just makes them more guilty

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, proton said:

Coup leaders are always traitors to the constitution, changing if after to give themselves a get out of jail card just makes them more guilty

no....who win write the new constitution....Successful coup and you are dictator and hero. Failed coup and you are traitor and hang.....that is the way it was the centuries or millennia

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, FarAway said:

Why conspiracy? It is a FACT that they want to implement this digital wallet.

So as soon as they do, they have a system in place where there is a digital wallet within they can control in which radius from home people can spend money.

What exactly is the "conspiracy" now? Or you just like to throw this defamatory word around when someone says something that sounds uncomfortable for your pink glasses?

And before that what do they need?

They need to win either an overall majority or be in a coalition with an overall majority. Without that it will not happen.

But of course that is only my thoughts and opinion and I only speak for myself.

Your opinion is only yours and you are speaking for yourself, and not for the millions of Thai voters,

THEY are the people who matter, not you, i or any farang who does not have a vote or a voice in the election.

If that is what they choose, it is up to them.

• Thumbs Up 1

Said it before and will say it again, Prayut has not been worried at all and hardly campaigned, which only means he already knows he will remain in power, one way or another.

Should PT win, i am almost certain it will be dissolved if vote can not be rigged in any other way

28 minutes ago, h90 said:

ANY coup is illegal.

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=coup+d'etat&sxsrf=APwXEdcJrXth0v8ADwMYGVxJpHQ-TM4L6A%3A1683613627551&ei=u-dZZOKmIc7h4-EPqqSjqA4&oq=coup&gs_lcp=Cgxnd3Mtd2l6LXNlcnAQARgAMgcIIxCKBRAnMgcIABCKBRBDMg0IABCKBRCxAxCDARBDMgcIABCKBRBDMgcIABCKBRBDMhMILhCKBRCxAxCDARDHARDRAxBDMgQIABADMggIABCABBCxAzILCAAQgAQQsQMQgwEyCwgAEIAEELEDEIMBOgcILhCKBRAnOggIABCKBRCRAjoRCC4QgAQQsQMQgwEQxwEQ0QM6CwgAEIoFELEDEIMBOgQIIxAnOggILhCKBRCRAjoKCC4QigUQ1AIQQzoNCC4QigUQxwEQ0QMQQzoLCAAQigUQsQMQkQJKBAhBGABQAFjnDGD9HmgAcAF4AIABlQGIAdQDkgEDMC40mAEAoAEBwAEB&sclient=gws-wiz-serp

A coup d'état (/ˌkuːdeɪˈtɑː/ (listen); French for 'stroke of state'[1]), also known as a coup or an overthrow, is a seizure and removal of a government and its powers.[2][3] Typically, it is an illegal seizure of power by a political faction, politician, rebel group, military, or a dictator.[4][5] Many scholars consider a coup successful when the usurpers seize and hold power for at least seven days.

The "free" card they wrote was to give Prayuth and his cronies an amnesty for ALL past, present and future acts, against the wishes of the majority of the Thai people.

Do you have a problem understanding that?

8 hours ago, FarAway said:

In contrast to literally all people here, I would be very happy if Pheu Thai will NOT come into power and will get kicked out.

Do you even read what they wanna do? They want to implement a DIGITAL WALLET working on Blockchain that ensures that people do not spend the money in a radius more than 5km around their home.

Remind me heavily of the "15-minute-cities" being proposed by the WEF.

Yes sure, right now this requirement is just for the free money they promise people. But you know how it works. Step-by-step. In the future the digital wallet will be mandatory for everyone, Big Brother can follow all of your transactions and if you are naughty they will restrict you to 1km radius around your house for your spendings ???? ???? ????

Not even mentioning that I heavily dislike Thaksin and his family personally.

Well said, and they are just following the Taksin era scam of promising to give away government money if they win, the money that comes from Thai people them selves   

• Haha 1

The outgoing government have given two or three blocks of 3000 baht for the public to use on a 50/50 basis as well as the travel incentive schemes.

Is this any different?

Nevertheless, i did predict this on a thread on this forum as soon as the policy was announced. 

Edited by madmitch

44 minutes ago, h90 said:

no....who win write the new constitution....Successful coup and you are dictator and hero. Failed coup and you are traitor and hang.....that is the way it was the centuries or millennia

You think dictators are heroes?

Explains a lot I guess.

Sad.

• Thumbs Up 1

If Phue Thai party is dissolved I can see a revolution on the horizon and we all know where that will lead. An excuse for another coup. Politics is a dirty game. Thai politics dirtier than most.????

• Like 1

In contrast to literally all people here, I would be very happy if Pheu Thai will NOT come into power and will get kicked out.

Do you even read what they wanna do? They want to implement a DIGITAL WALLET working on Blockchain that ensures that people do not spend the money in a radius more than 5km around their home.

Remind me heavily of the "15-minute-cities" being proposed by the WEF.

Yes sure, right now this requirement is just for the free money they promise people. But you know how it works. Step-by-step. In the future the digital wallet will be mandatory for everyone, Big Brother can follow all of your transactions and if you are naughty they will restrict you to 1km radius around your house for your spendings ???? ???? ????

Not even mentioning that I heavily dislike Thaksin and his family personally.

The digital wallet is for the 10K that they are going to give people so that they can buy more food and things in their area.  They do not want Thais to use it for a vacation they want them to use it for real needs.

There is nothing wrong with that.

Given the choices of parties to run the country unfortunately, the PT is the only one that is not military that can do so.

In a sense, this is to pick your poison Military and HISO rule or the PT with an assist from MFP.

If the PT wins and this election is thrown out look for the protests to start immediately.

The worst thing the EC could do is invalidate this election.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Why conspiracy? It is a FACT that they want to implement this digital wallet.

So as soon as they do, they have a system in place where there is a digital wallet within they can control in which radius from home people can spend money.

What exactly is the "conspiracy" now? Or you just like to throw this defamatory word around when someone says something that sounds uncomfortable for your pink glasses?

Check your facts

4 hours ago, Eric Loh said:

This is a nonsence desperation that keep repeating and it is just pure insanity. 

Agreed, and his complaints are about as relevant as handful of old expats demanding in an English language forum that PT and MFP be disbanded because they don't agree with the way Thai voters seem to be voting.

The main opposition parties may not have the tanks and guns but they are overwhelmingly better educated, have better communications and a grasp of how the connected world works in 2023. And if they have allies in business beyond Thailand perhaps that will help this country with its vast and growing income and life gaps/inequity, largely stagnant economy and massive needless overspending on the military. They literally couldn't do any worse despite the conspiracy theories. The junta has failed Thailand spectacularly, somebody else needs to be given a chance.

Edited by Snig27
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

36 minutes ago, BestB said:

Said it before and will say it again, Prayut has not been worried at all and hardly campaigned, which only means he already knows he will remain in power, one way or another.

Should PT win, i am almost certain it will be dissolved if vote can not be rigged in any other way

He has been campaigning, people get 300 baht for turning up!

6 hours ago, h90 said:

yes but the strange Thai election laws prohibit such things. Prayuth wanted to lower the electric price and the election commission blocked it as it could be seen as vote buying thing.

The Thai government wanted to lower it.  The only part of this that was Prayut is that he is still prime minister.

The 10K is something that people will get (maybe ) if they qualify and if the PT gets into power with enough votes to control the government.

The funny thing is the other some I am waiting to drop the case to dissolve the MFP.  They are a bigger threat to the

e mainstream as the leader is not a Thaksin crony.

IF after the election the EC takes up the challenge then it is going to be a long time without a government as the PT will not relinquish until it has gone through all the courts.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, FarAway said:

What do you even mean with this comment?

So you think if Pheu Thai wins, they would just never implement this digital wallet based on blockchain with the implemented function to limit the spending radius?

Okay, your opinion. You are entitled to that one. 

But I am entitled to mine and I am sure they would actually implement this system. I think that they want to implement this is the reason why they are so heavily pushed by very influential people. Because these powerful people would like to see this system implemented to even further enhance their power over the people.

Sad that, based of the reactions I got to my first post, not many of you even consider that scenario. I mean sure, this forum is full of old expats which have nothing to say in Thailand anyway. But it is definitely a reflection of the general opinion in Thailand, based on recent polls, people on Reddit, Facebook and the people my wife knows.

Really hope the Army will intervene. I do not like the Army. I am a Libertarian and do not like any rulers.

But I am just hoping for the lesser evil. Not even necessarily for me and my family as we will leave Thailand soon anyway, but for the Thai people. Nice people but sadly very gullible.

So you, like all the yellow shirts think that the army illegally seizing power is a better option than a political party democratically elected by the people.

It's getting just like the old days on here when some farang were cheering the military on, so you've got some buddies on here.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, MrMojoRisin said:

You think dictators are heroes?

Explains a lot I guess.

Sad.

Try to read and understand....winning and you are the new ruler....Or else the Americans would be ruled by King Charles....Almost every country changed government once or more times by the barrel of the gun. The new one make themself the legit government if they win. That might be unfair and bad, but that is what happens in history...
Would you say the current government of Ukraine is illegal, because 2014 there was a coup? What government in Iran is legit? The current? Came in power with a coup, but kicked out the government that made a coup against the previous one.
Who wins the coup is the ruler, writes the new constitution and that is nothing new to Thailand.

• Sad 1