Thai schools to re-introduce disease precautions as Covid cases rise

webfact

2 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

As of last week, the government said there were 219 COVID patients hospitalized in serious condition, and 113 requiring intubation in order to breath (as documented in the second post in this thread).

I wouldn't call that "almost nothing."

Most of them unvaccinated and 219 in hospital out of 66 million is next to nothing

• Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, transam said:

40 kids from all over town, mixing wiv loads of people, all come together in one room, every day, not in the open air........................Get the picture.....:whistling:

(Doubt it)..................????

So what does the health minister say... 

Ohh he's too busy going round the country pushing cannabis.

Tune to the real picture

• Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, webfact said:

Thailand is about to enter the rainy season, which is also known as the start of the flu season

That's odd, the Northern hemisphere flu season is during the winter.

21 minutes ago, FritsSikkink said:

Most of them unvaccinated and 219 in hospital out of 66 million is next to nothing

1. No one knows the vaccination status of the current COVID hospitalizations in Thailand, because the government hasn't ever provided those kinds of details.

2. It's not 219 people in hospitals because of COVID. It's 219 in Thai hospitals with COVID in serious condition... And that's separate from the nearly 1,700 new COVID hospitalizations the government reported just for the most recent week.

I don't believe they've ever recently provided a cumulative count of the current load of COVID hospitalizations across the country... They just tell us the numbers of new COVID hospitalizations as they occur, not the totals of all those currently hospitalized because of COVID.

• Thumbs Up 2

4 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

1. No one knows the vaccination status of the current COVID hospitalizations in Thailand, because the government hasn't ever provided those kinds of details.

2. It's not 219 people in hospitals because of COVID. It's 219 in Thai hospitals with COVID in serious condition... And that's separate from the nearly 1,700 new COVID hospitalizations the government reported just for the most recent week.

I don't believe they've ever recently provided a cumulative count of the current load of COVID hospitalizations across the country... They just tell us the numbers of new COVID hospitalizations as they occur, not the totals of all those currently hospitalized because of COVID.

Indeed no one knows the vaccination status as no one knows ages or comorbidities and no one knows if they've gone to hospital because of or with Covid. The bigger picture is still the numbers are very, very, very low per capita.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Snugs08 said:

Dont go OTT though here  -  Scientists raise concerns about popular COVID disinfectants https://phys.org/news/2023-05-scientists-popular-covid-disinfectants.html

That article is about a certain kind of applied chemical surface disinfectant -- nothing to do with washing your hands with soap and water. And likewise, nothing to do with alcohol based hand gels that people commonly use.

1 hour ago, Gilligan In Drag said:

Oh yes they have:

Oh, no, they haven't, my reply was to who said, W.H.O. said Covid is over, they did not, the PANDEMIC is over, NOT Covid, plus it is alive and well..

Pay attention some of you.....????

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, transam said:

Oh, no, they haven't, my reply was to who said, W.H.O. said Covid is over, they did not, the PANDEMIC is over, NOT Covid, plus it is alive and well..

Pay attention some of you.....????

Actually, neither is the COVID "pandemic" over. Because the WHO doesn't legally declare the beginning or end of health pandemics. They only declare their "Public Health Emergency of International Concern" status.

"The U.N. health agency’s officials said that even though the emergency phase was over, the pandemic hasn’t finished, noting recent spikes in cases in Southeast Asia and the Middle East.

WHO says thousands of people are still dying from the virus every week, and millions of others are suffering from debilitating, long-term effects."

"WHO doesn’t “declare” pandemics, but first used the term to describe the outbreak in March 2020, when the virus had spread to every continent except Antarctica, long after many other scientists had said a pandemic was already underway."

https://apnews.com/article/who-declares-covid-emergency-over-pandemic-8b6445735df5218b5d9d6ec32fa047ca

AND

"IS COVID-19 STILL A PANDEMIC?

Yes. Although WHO chief Tedros said the coronavirus emergency was over, he warned that the virus is here to stay and that thousands of people continue to die every week. “The risk remains of new variants emerging that cause new surges in cases and deaths,” Tedros said. “What this news means is that it’s time for countries to transition from emergency mode to managing COVID-19 alongside other infectious diseases.”

https://whyy.org/articles/virus-outbreak-who-pandemic-explainer/

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK
  • Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

39 minutes ago, ukrules said:

That's odd, the Northern hemisphere flu season is during the winter.

Then again, it makes sense. While in other places the flu season has to do with the colder weather, in Thailand often people get sick travelling around or working in the rain...

38 minutes ago, dinsdale said:

Indeed no one knows the vaccination status as no one knows ages or comorbidities and no one knows if they've gone to hospital because of or with Covid. The bigger picture is still the numbers are very, very, very low per capita.

I, wife, and one staff had covid like symptoms no one checked no one went to the hospital....not in any statistic.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, h90 said:

I, wife, and one staff had covid like symptoms no one checked no one went to the hospital....not in any statistic.

I tested + last Wednesday morning, spent the day in bed and tested - Thursday.  I didn't go to a hospital and so I won't show up in any statistics. 

1 minute ago, happydreamer said:

They will never give up masks here.  Ive come to that conclusion

Who are they, are you saying everyone is wearing a mask, when they clearly are not.....:ermm:

This thread is a bout protecting school children............:unsure:

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, transam said:

The thread is about looking after school children's well-being...:unsure:

And what do you suppose the first go-to for protection is?  C'mon man.  Don't be dim.  look at the picture with the story.  

Edited by happydreamer
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, RefinedGentleman said:

Children have now been sacrificing for YEARS to protect the elderly from Covid. Enough is enough.

So when a threat becomes boring or too much trouble the logical thing to do is to ignore it. Let's also ignore the growing body of evidence that ANY level of covid infection or symptoms may lead to failure of various organs within years of contracting it.

Got it. Very refined wisdom.

Edited by RocketDog
  • Sad 1

But, Covid is not finished, the thought and thread is about taking care of school children, do you not want to take care of school children's well-being, which most "adults" do...?....????

Edited by Pink Mist
quoted post removed
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, transam said:

But, Covid is not finished, the thought and thread is about taking care of school children, do you not want to take care of school children's well-being, which most "adults" do...?....????

I dont think everyone can agree there is a correct way to take care of the kids.

• Thumbs Up 2

2 minutes ago, redwood1 said:

I dont think everyone can agree there is a correct way to take care of the kids.

Well, it seems the education folk are doing their best to take care of their kids, I would have thought...????

1 minute ago, anrcaccount said:

It's not about taking care of children. 

Children are in no danger.  They are an extremely low risk group for covid. 

It's about using children to try to manage extreme anxiety in a small sector of vulnerable adults.

Nowhere else in the world is even thinking about introducing public health safety measures  for covid, focused on children, to prevent spread to adults. 

Just indefensible to even be considering this,  at this stage in the pandemic. 

I can't believe you wrote that...................????

"using children"............:unsure:

• Sad 1