Will Thailand get a third prime minister with the Shinawatra name?

webfact

26 minutes ago, ALLSEEINGEYE said:

Thailand deserves better, I have been here 20 years and do not want to see history repeat itself, but we farangs are just along for the ride.

Those that do not know how things were under the shins are about to find out, be careful what you wish for.....

What a load of garbage.

How were things under the “Shins”?

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

She will not be nominated as PM. K Srettha will be the first choice. Paetongtarn is the brand ambassador for the Shinawatra's name who is still loved by many in the North and North-East. Srettha has little political baggage and a powerful personality in his own rights among the elites. His business acumen and experience will be acceptable to the people especially the business community. He may even appeal positively to the 50 senators that represent professional groups and private companies and perhaps half of the senators who are not from the military or police backgrounds. Thaksin is wily and he should know the danger of her daughter as PM at this fluid juncture especially with the appointed senators who make up of mostly yellow shirts. 

• Like 1

Pheu Thai has been touting some ambitious and eye-catching policies ahead of the country’s May 14 election, including giving digital money to all citizens above 16 years old.

Should it be 18 years old instead 16 entitling to vote? 

Edited by Nabbiex
add info

8 hours ago, dinsdale said:

I doubt PT will rule in it's own right. They will need to form a coalition and this can only be with MFP you would think. Then the deals begin to see if Paetongtarn or Pita becomes PM. 

Which appears to be the popular and running notion currently. All this unsettling reality might come about if the two are agreeable on most everything, keeping in mind the base cause [ridding the system of a revolving military/junta rule]. Can't guarantee that they're gonna be on the same, as it's politics and self interests - little to do with the betterment of the commons. 

We'll hope for the best.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, MrMojoRisin said:

What a load of garbage.

How were things under the “Shins”?

A lot better than under the current lot, who have run Thailand back towards the 19th century in nearly 9 years.

I do wish my pc would learn how to spell the words I type and not the way it spells them.

Edited by billd766
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

I would love to see them win. It was a much better time for expats. We weren’t loathed and treated as a bunch of scum bags like they have been treated us over the past few years. There is corruption in every political party but at least they did what they could do to make life easier for us expats. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

15 hours ago, KannikaP said:

My AIS phone SIM is still working OK.

Haha good one, I got my first one while he was still here, but I think I changed it at one of the shops when I went nano-SIM.

• Love It 1

16 hours ago, ALLSEEINGEYE said:

Thailand deserves better, I have been here 20 years and do not want to see history repeat itself, but we farangs are just along for the ride.

Those that do not know how things were under the shins are about to find out, be careful what you wish for.....

Thanks!

So I am not alone here with my experience with that family.

I hope they will all die in the desert. 

• Sad 3

16 hours ago, Denim said:

Well, the thread title is sure to attract the Thaksin haters , so if they have any say in the matter it won't happen.

Foaming at the mouth expats will impact tourism very negatively.

Did you consider that they hate Thaksin for a reason? Or maybe hundreds of reasons.

I know few people who lived here when Thaksin was PM who don't hate him.

And about tourism: It would be great if there wouldn't be so many of them.

10 hours ago, billd766 said:

A lot better than under the current lot, who have run Thailand back towards the 19th century in nearly 9 years.

I do wish my pc would learn how to spell the words I type and not the way it spells them.

Tell us about the 19th century.

It seems you support nepotism in 2023... 

• Sad 1

16 hours ago, Denim said:

Well, the thread title is sure to attract the Thaksin haters , so if they have any say in the matter it won't happen.

Foaming at the mouth expats will impact tourism very negatively.

What the... Ridiculous.

Thailand does well enough on it's own silly lonesome negatively impacting tourism. Not sure how you relate expats, who actually live here and support the Thai economy, negativity impacting tourism, regardless our opinion on the matter.  

• Thumbs Up 1

7 minutes ago, MrMojoRisin said:

Exactly.

Never forget the brave souls who stood up to a military (using live ammunition on its own citizens) to demand democracy for all Thais. Without the heroes of 2010 Thailand would not now be holding an election to turf out the military crooks.

Yep. 

And some still don't get it.

• Like 1