Thailand’s experiment with weed goes up in smoke

snoop1130

6 hours ago, d4dang said:

have the boiler room guys branched out?

that is what has been rumoured. At least as far as some of the larger/high profile shops along Sukhumvit are concerned. 

[Smoke filled boiler rooms.]

Edited by wordchild
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, roietfortress said:

i love these anti-cannabis threads. it helps me get all the prohibitionists on my block list.

So you can only see posts that fit in with your thoughts and you see no opposing viewpoints? A bit dull witted don't you think?

Edited by jacko45k
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Shocked farang said:

One thing that needs to be reminded is that the medical stablishment does recognise the power of Cannabis as medicine but only the CBD component,

I think your comment should read;

"One thing that needs to be reminded is that SOME of the medical stablishment does recognise the power of Cannabis as medicine but only the CBD component,"

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, NextG said:

I don’t know anyone who uses it recreationally. I guess many people self medicate. Some may end up abusing it. 
For example, someone who suffers overly from anxiety could benefit using a small amount of cannabis. Are they recreational users?

There is a medical cover for it’s use. People end up believing they are medical users when they actually just like getting high.

I know people that claim ailments that probably are not 100% legit like arthritis, headache, etc stuff like that. There’s a list of such ailments. They go into a quack dr and claim they have a headache and here’s your script sir five minutes later. Dr bills insurance company for the sham exam.

just in the company of friends they claim ailments now, to appear as genuine medical users because it looks legit or they actually believe it.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

11 hours ago, sungod said:

You seem to be talking about how long its detectable, 

Quoting your own article 'Weed’s short-term effects start to taper off after 1 to 3 hours.'

You obviously didn't read it all.........????

My point was, puff impairs judgement, so much, so you can be prosecuted for it........

But, hey, keep making excuses for your hobby, eh.............????

• Confused 1
  • Haha 2

47 minutes ago, transam said:

You obviously didn't read it all.........????

My point was, puff impairs judgement, so much, so you can be prosecuted for it........

But, hey, keep making excuses for your hobby, eh.............????

then again, you have to have impaired judgement, to live under a military dictatorship that cozies up to dictators in Myanmar, China and so on. ????

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, JimTripper said:

There is a medical cover for it’s use. People end up believing they are medical users when they actually just like getting high.

I know people that claim ailments that probably are not 100% legit like arthritis, headache, etc stuff like that. There’s a list of such ailments. They go into a quack dr and claim they have a headache and here’s your script sir five minutes later. Dr bills insurance company for the sham exam.

just in the company of friends they claim ailments now, to appear as genuine medical users because it looks legit or they actually believe it.

that's one of the most uneducated posts I have read in a while. Not only that, but the logical side of your brain much have hit a few lamp posts, along the road of life  Let's see how you feel,  when you reach 80,  your spinal cord is collapsing due to stenosis (look it up) , and/or you suffer from severe depression. With your lack of imagination, i suppose that you will start drinking a bottle of whiskey a  day.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

9 minutes ago, youngexpat said:

I went to choate rosemary hall for highschool.

so did John f kennedy and ivanka trump.

I have personally gotten high with the heirs of SC johnson, walmart, dupont, anheiser busch, the pritskers, kuwaiti princes the list goes on and on.

higher class people indulge recreationally

if you think that it is confined to rockstars, who ironically i personally wouldn't consider higher class, you are just dead wrong.

was she a goer, eh? wink wink. nudge nudge ????

2 minutes ago, paddypower said:

was she a goer, eh? wink wink. nudge nudge ????

if you are referring to ivanka. i am about 3 years older than her so i didn't attend at the same time. I can tell you she was suspended for drinking and the Don sued the school to get it expunged

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, youngexpat said:

I went to choate rosemary hall for highschool.

so did John f kennedy and ivanka trump.

I have personally gotten high with the heirs of SC johnson, walmart, dupont, anheiser busch, the pritskers, kuwaiti princes the list goes on and on.

higher class people indulge recreationally

if you think that it is confined to rockstars, who ironically i personally wouldn't consider higher class, you are just dead wrong.

I went to college with elite preppies from such schools. They were into much harder drugs actually. 

1 hour ago, paddypower said:

then again, you have to have impaired judgement, to live under a military dictatorship that cozies up to dictators in Myanmar, China and so on. ????

Do the military have anything to do with me, a farangy..........?   ????

Was the present Gov voted in by me.........?    ????

Is the present Gov military.........?      ????

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, paddypower said:

good on you. it ticks me off when i read these uninformed negative opinions about the uses of cannabis. Hollywood started the propaganda in the early 1930's with 'Refer Madness'; all financed by the same big pharmas pushing drugs on you today.  we rely on our doc, (17 years) in Surathani.. whose experience covers just about everything medical. he is a GP and does surgeries. His advice: use the oil for pain management and use good weed for severe depression and anxiety attacks (a life-long affliction) .

I only want to try the oil for pain management.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, sungod said:

You obviously forgot what you posted, no one disputes it impairs judgement, just that you tried to make out it was for an extended length of time which its not.

If you are going to go to the trouble of googling articles, at least read them thoroughly first! Makes you look rather silly when your own article contradicts your own post!

I will try again, just for you puffers.............????

https://americanaddictioncenters.org/marijuana-rehab/how-long-system-body

https://www.drugs.com/lifestyle/how-long-does-marijuana-stay-in-system-333747/

• Confused 1

10 minutes ago, Kalasin Jo said:

Not just the weed shops up in smoke. I understood some serious money has gone in to planting home grown marijuana. What is required is regulation not re criminalisation.

And I've not seen any serious effort to end the plague of yabba. Bold talk from the top for the media. Arrests and raids of small time dealers, runners and users at ground level, " fines" , rehab and imprisonment hasn't dented this plague. Then there's the other plague, of gambling and gambling dens. Everywhere especially in the villages. Openly carried on, even at many funeral parties. A pay off and left undisturbed

As long the local police is engaged in the trade, nothing change.

Edited by Hummin
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 5/12/2023 at 5:44 PM, Mitkof Island said:

And what happens to all the Thais that spent money creating shops etc?

You mean all the Thais who started businesses 99% of which are not selling the stuff for medical use only as the law permits?    Who cares...they took a gamble.

• Sad 1

On 5/12/2023 at 6:10 PM, wordchild said:

From what i have heard (reasonable sources!) , most of the shops, at least in BKK, are just money laundering fronts for those that need such things.

I guess these people  will just move on and find other ways to clean up their cash 

( obtained from where they make the real money ie call centre investment scams, illegal gambling sites  etc etc).

You may need to be able to back up that accusation with something empirical.

52 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Good idea.

Get full spectrum CBD oil.

That does contain a little THC but not enough to get you high. 

Do you have any idea where I can order it please? I live in rural Kamphaeng Phet.