Military-backed senators refuse to back MFP form a government

webfact

Well what a surprise.

A cozy in power army government respects the will of the people, NOT!

They're probably being advised by China and Myanmar's generals how to crush any forthcoming dissent. 

Coups, martial law etc etc. A perfect recipe to destruct their vital tourism industry revenues.

I wonder where the Phuket Soviets will move too if it does kick off, perhaps they'll enlist? ????

Edited by Phil1964

Thailand is the NEXT BURMA  people vote for democracy , military and cronies oppose it ,, no guessing what could happen next !!!!   blood on the streets again ,, total meltdown and military still in control,,,,,Many Thais I talk to want  King to take over from the military <deleted>  has they  learned nothing ?????  

Edited by liddelljohn

9 minutes ago, kingstonkid said:

There's no way thaksin will put his future in anutin hands.

There is nothing to stop Anutin becoming pm in a minority government.  It would mean a new election with the possibility of a defunct PT and MFp

Remember the Senate cares about power money and lese majeste which provides them an others a cover.

How will any legislation be passed in a minority govt.? The majority opposition simply votes against everything. It's unworkable. As for a new election that is exactly what can happen when a vote of no confidence in the minority govt and the PM would be passed by the majority opposition. The Senate only has the vote when both houses come together to elect the PM.  Why you think the MFP and PT would be defunct needs some elucidation. 

• Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, webfact said:

most of the Senate wants the party which finished third, Bhumjaithai Party, to join the new government.

Of course they do, then they will vote "en masse" for Anutin as PM!!

What a dreadful thought.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Wiggy said:

Let the games begin. 

Yes games indeed, now is the time for the MFP to lose its innocence with a series of deals with the senate, failing that we may indeed see blood on the streets which will destroy any reputation  the army has of being the nations saviour, as someone once said, ''it isn't freedom if it is given to you, freedom has to be taken''.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

if it was possible...how much would it cost to buy out the senators and boys in green? They could retire gracefully and save face become monks or do something to help people other than themselves and their Khmer and Burmese allies while golfing and hanging out in massage parlors. 

Seeing a lot of ridiculous bloodlust posts from people who think they're the next Fidel. Question: how many of you plan to join up and  go out on the streets and man the barricades?

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

1 minute ago, John Drake said:

Seeing a lot of ridiculous bloodlust posts from people who think they're the next Fidel. Question: how many of you plan to join up and  go out on the streets and man the barricades?

That is the time now....read about Russia and Ukraine forum....both sides are full of bloodlust and no one wants peace. It is said all 4 generations or 80 years when the last big war is so far away that noone alive can remember it. No matter who and what and how unfair....please only verbal battles

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, d4dang said:

if it was possible...how much would it cost to buy out the senators and boys in green? They could retire gracefully and save face become monks or do something to help people other than themselves and their Khmer and Burmese allies while golfing and hanging out in massage parlors. 

The other side is thinking how much to buy out some MPs......the deciding voice can make hundreds of millions

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, soalbundy said:

Yes games indeed, now is the time for the MFP to lose its innocence with a series of deals with the senate, failing that we may indeed see blood on the streets which will destroy any reputation  the army has of being the nations saviour, as someone once said, ''it isn't freedom if it is given to you, freedom has to be taken''.

No deals needed with the senate. Coalition with BJT will do it. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, John Drake said:

Ummmm….what?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, BenStark said:

So you support Anutin as PM, because that is what the senators will vote for?

What senators? Coalition with BJT takes the senators out of the picture. Where do I say I support Anutin for PM? Can you show me? I do wonder if he'll be asking for this in any coalition deal with MFP though.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, h90 said:

Read the history of both Myanmar and Thailand.....Thailand has every 10 year some new fantastic party and than a coup, most of the time without blood and the few bloody times it was very localized. And Myanmar has a lot different ethnics that don't like each other. Can't compare them.

Thais aren't a homogeneous people either, various areas speak different languages as well, I have met old people in Isaan who can't even speak Thai. 

1 minute ago, dinsdale said:

What senators? Coalition with BJT takes the senators out of the picture. Where do I say I support Anutin for PM? Can you show me? I do wonder if he'll be asking for this in any coalition deal with MFP though.

Senators support the BJT so guess who they will want as PM.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, RayOday said:

No surprise,  "All things proceed in their circle; thus the empire is complete" W.B. Yeats

The class set up needs to be broken for democracy to thrive. 

A reminder:

Democracy is a form of government in which the people hold power. This power is exercised through elected representatives, who are chosen by the people to make decisions on their behalf. Democracy is based on the principle of popular sovereignty, which means that the people are the ultimate source of authority.

You speaking about Thailand ?

8 minutes ago, dinsdale said:

@soalbundy already explained my reasoning, and yes Anutin has been flagged as the next PM for the last 6 months.

2 minutes ago, soalbundy said:

Senators support the BJT so guess who they will want as PM.

You seem to have missed the point entirely. A coalition with BJT party means the coaltion of MFP+PT+BJT+4 minor parties gives them enough seats to out vote the miltary backed minor parties and the 250 senators combined for who becomes PM. If this happens I still think Pita will be PM but Anutin will want something senior. Also if this happens it's bye, bye to the military placed senators. The constitution will be re-written and the senate reformed.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, Brian Hull said:

As the military backed senators were appointed by an illegitimate self-appointed government, surely their appointments are not legitimate. Hopefully the new government will sack them all.

They would need another new constitution.

I have to wonder why good people (if there are any) even want to participate in this charade? Do what Epicurus said, retire to a quiet place and live a moderate satisfying life. Why fight such a rigged system? It will just be the same thing over and over.

• Thumbs Up 1