Two More Parties to Join Move Forward-led Coalition

webfact

1 hour ago, ourmanflint said:

I wonder what these very small parties get from the coalition

quick advancement in standing and power in the new coalition. I would have thought more would have crossed over by now, seeing the popularity among the voters

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

So they need 376 seats and they have 309 - “Thai Pride Party,” has 71 MPs.

The problem appears to be “drugs” (Thai pride legalised cannabis) – surely the other parties can separate cannabis from the other “harder” drugs and do a deal?

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, kwilco said:

The problem appears to be “drugs” (Thai pride legalised cannabis) – surely the other parties can separate cannabis from the other “harder” drugs and do a deal?

Is that Anutin's ???? party?

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, bang saen guy said:

Ganja is not the problem. Free speech is. Lese majeste law

I am not sure that the Lèse Majesté law is so big of a problem, honestly.

It is quite reasonable for a country to have a law specifically protecting the constitutional head of state against slander and personal attack. Many democratic countries have such laws in place, and not just monarchies, actually, some republics have it too.

Edited by LogicThai
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

Hopefully enough of the army appointed senators will defect, realizing they, their children, their parents, their siblings, and their spouses could have a very, very miserable life ahead of them, if they defy the will of the people, at this point in time. They would indeed be inviting a pox on their own houses, by doing so. Let reason prevail. 

Wishful thinking.  The senators have to be more concerned about the will of their leader.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

6 hours ago, ourmanflint said:

A chance to be a part of the change that is inevitable? 

• Thumbs Up 1

6 hours ago, bang saen guy said:

Free speech is. Lese majeste law

From what I understand, Move Forward only wants to amend a very small portion of this law to prevent it being used for personal / political victimization, and lowering of the very severe penalties.

10 hours ago, hotchilli said:
13 hours ago, ourmanflint said:

A foot at the table.. and a chance to turn the military tide.

Bigger crumbs (that fall from the table).

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

7 hours ago, bang saen guy said:

Ganja is not the problem. Free speech is. Lese majeste law

It is when Pheu Thai want to reverse the laws and Anutin's lot don't.....they can agree on the other stuff.

14 hours ago, kwilco said:

The other problem is that Anutin is a snake: he promised not to support the coup makers (pre election) then formed a government with them. Also, MFP have stated that they wouldn't side with any coup makers (is BJT supporting coup makers to form a government culpable action in the eyes of MFP is the question) 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, rwill said:

Wishful thinking.  The senators have to be more concerned about the will of their leader.

Nope. Their leader may have amassed spectacular wealth, from his 9 years of grifting. But, besides holding the rank of general, he is very nearly a nobody, after his trouncing. 

15 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

Nope. Their leader may have amassed spectacular wealth, from his 9 years of grifting. But, besides holding the rank of general, he is very nearly a nobody, after his trouncing. 

wrong leader

On 5/18/2023 at 3:19 PM, kwilco said:

Bhumjai in Thai means proud but I've never heard of anyone translating the word when referring to the Bhumjai Party. Pheua Thai the same, nobody calls them The For Thai Party!

But other parties' names were often translated: The Democrats, Chavalit's New Aspiration Party, for example.

I was glad to see the public forced MF to reject Korn, one of 2 MPs from his party . The man played a prominent role in Suthep's Bangkok shutdown as well as supporting Prayuth to be PM.

Good riddance.

• Like 1

On 5/19/2023 at 6:03 AM, SABloke said:

The other problem is that Anutin is a snake: he promised not to support the coup makers (pre election) then formed a government with them. Also, MFP have stated that they wouldn't side with any coup makers (is BJT supporting coup makers to form a government culpable action in the eyes of MFP is the question) 

Well is is not complete unheard of that the promises before the election are nothing after the elections.....

On 5/19/2023 at 6:03 AM, SABloke said:

The last thing that MFP needs is PT and BJT in the coalition.  Then they lose a majority of the control.  Imagine having to deal with n ot just Thaksin but Anutin at the same time.   Also remember BJT was the partner with PPRP or military and supported everything they did.

I think a pairing of MFP and Pt can work as longas Thaksin stays out of it.

On 5/18/2023 at 7:04 PM, LogicThai said:

I am not sure that the Lèse Majesté law is so big of a problem, honestly.

It is quite reasonable for a country to have a law specifically protecting the constitutional head of state against slander and personal attack. Many democratic countries have such laws in place, and not just monarchies, actually, some republics have it too.

Nonsense.

The law has been written in such a way to allow it to be easily abused.

Edited by Rimmer