Palang Pracharath Might Be Dissolved To Make Pheu Thai New Core Of Coalition Govt

webfact

2 hours ago, h90 said:

Old yellow are already starting up because the fear monarchy is in danger....Would have been wiser to not touch 112 as the first point and change the military as second....

Edited by scorecard
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Eric Loh said:

Haven't you read the MOU platform signed and agreed by all 7 coalition allies? The agreement include the drafting of a new and more democratic constitution. No selection but elected senators as in the pre-coup past. 

However, as I mentioned in other posts, they need the approval of one third of Senate members in order to pass an amendment to the constitution. So they won't be able to change the selection system with the current Senate, which means the next Senate will be selected according to the Junta's constitution and will be stacked with pro-establishment Senators.

• Like 1

Welcome to the circus that is Thai politics and why Vietnam/Malaysia will surely surpass them for inbound investment...

Not sure how attractive Burma would be if junta gone and it opened up as a tourist place.

Will this oily s-show ever change ?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MrMojoRisin said:

Look at you.
Any tidbit of idle gossip concerning Thaksin and you take it at face value without question.

PT have issued a statement that they are 100% supporting MF as the lead party in the coalition and are making zero attempt to undermine them.

Well done Robblok for allowing your Thaksin obsession to supersede rationality. 

May be true that PT is displaying full support and confidence with MF, though many might have this gut suspicion that traditional [ruling classes] underhanded Thai politics is being played still........anywhere/anyhow they're looking for a crack in the current scenario.

5 minutes ago, scorecard said:

OK but keep in mind there 2 different negative camps re thaksin:

1.  The classic yellow shirts who are royalists. They won't forget the comments thaksin made about being thailans first president.

2. Those folks who aren't aligned to 1. above, they just dislike thaksin for his attitudes and past behaviors.

Now stand by for the 'junta lover' response.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, candide said:

This subject has been discussed several times. It's not the government who will select the new Senators. The way to select them is written in the constitution.

https://www.ect.go.th/ect_en/download/article/article_20210806135906.pdf

200 new Senators will be selected by selection committees, according to the process described in the Constitution. The composition of the selection committees is prescribed (ex. it includes the heads of agencies).

It is not clear who will appoint the selection committees, probably the EC.

So as usual, appointed people will appoint each other. Due to the political "colour" of the EC and the other agencies members, we can expect a dominantly pro-yellow establishment new Senate.

The key issue is then how many pro-yellow establishment Senators they will be able to select. They will probably not be able to get a 100% pro-establishment Senate. It is important because any amendment to the constitution will require the approval of at least one third of the Senate.

Thank you....interesting construction reminds me on some ideas from between the wars.....Every part of society elects their representant. Means on the other side if someone ever takes the system over that group can not get rid of the same.

Interesting times ahead....full fridge and some gold in case the THB is falling might be a good idea

18 minutes ago, h90 said:

ups yes read that...but forgot about it. But if next year, if you draft a new constitution, discuss it, have a referendum about it and than a vote in parliament and let the king sign it. I doubt there is enough time and I doubt these senators will sign it so you would select new one to get the new constitution signed

Amendment of section don't need a referendum. Just need the house to vote on it. You right that the senators may not vote for amendment which I find doubt as they are outgoing and nothing more to gain by voting no. 

Edited by Eric Loh
wrong word

21 minutes ago, h90 said:

ups yes read that...but forgot about it. But if next year, if you draft a new constitution, discuss it, have a referendum about it and than a vote in parliament and let the king sign it. I doubt there is enough time and I doubt these senators will sign it so you would select new one to get the new constitution signed

The word you're looking for is Then, not Than......in so many of your posts.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, scorecard said:

OK but keep in mind there 2 different negative camps re thaksin:

1.  The classic yellow shirts who are royalists. They won't forget the comments thaksin made about being thailans first president.

2. Those folks who aren't aligned to 1. above, they just dislike thaksin for his attitudes and past behaviors.

Now stand by for the 'junta lover' response.

Not many in both camps to win elections. Worse they have to resort to judiciary and military coups to trodden on the majority. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Eric Loh said:

Amendment of section don't need a referendum. Just need the house to vote on it. You right that the senators may not vote for amendment which I find doubt as they are outgoing and nothing more to gain by voting no. 

What they have to gain is that, if they remain loyal to the yellow-green network, they can be appointed to other positions by their pals in agencies, in the bureaucracy or in companies controlled by the establishment. On top of it, I assume many of them believe they are right.

22 minutes ago, h90 said:

Thank you....interesting construction reminds me on some ideas from between the wars.....Every part of society elects their representant. Means on the other side if someone ever takes the system over that group can not get rid of the same.

Interesting times ahead....full fridge and some gold in case the THB is falling might be a good idea

Not elected by a group (ex a profession), not even selected by a group.  Selected inside a group by a selection committee which will be itself carefully selected.

3 hours ago, h90 said:

Old yellow are already starting up because the fear monarchy is in danger....Would have been wiser to not touch 112 as the first point and change the military as second....

An uncertain future if such actions are pushed. 

11 minutes ago, candide said:

What they have to gain is that, if they remain loyal to the yellow-green network, they can be appointed to other positions by their pals in agencies, in the bureaucracy or in companies controlled by the establishment. On top of it, I assume many of them believe they are right.

The voting is open ballot and can assert some pressure on their decisions against a backdrop of open dissent for the junta government. 

Back to the old ways.  Very sad.

Thaksin looking to buy his way into power and politicians waiting to see how they can cash in.

And people say the coup took away the "democratically elected" government... ????

Edited by BangkokReady
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, MrMojoRisin said:

Look at you.
Any tidbit of idle gossip concerning Thaksin and you take it at face value without question.

PT have issued a statement that they are 100% supporting MF as the lead party in the coalition and are making zero attempt to undermine them.

Well done Robblok for allowing your Thaksin obsession to supersede rationality. 

Rationality has never been a feature of discussions about Thaksin and Thai politics though has it!

Edited by herfiehandbag

4 hours ago, candide said:

That's the most likely scenario. If PPRP is dissolved, former Thaksin allies may join PPT, while the others may join United Nation. I don't see the core yellow PPRP members willing to join PPT, as well as being accepted there.

As with a lot of things in politics, this was as floating of an idea to gauge public response.  They got it it was negative so now they are denying it was ever thought of. LOL

• Love It 2

2 hours ago, candide said:

However, as I mentioned in other posts, they need the approval of one third of Senate members in order to pass an amendment to the constitution. So they won't be able to change the selection system with the current Senate, which means the next Senate will be selected according to the Junta's constitution and will be stacked with pro-establishment Senators.

So....nothing has changed and nothing will change. 

I believe the elite prefer a neutered and chastened Thaksin and his traditional dynastic family politics to MF's genuine passion for reform.

If Pita is disqualified over the redundant media shares inherited after his father's death, then Pheua Thai can claim the PM's post.

Bring in Bhumjaithai , Pravit's party and the senators who "listen' to him and PT have the premiership, They'll need Prayuth's party and the Democrats too, then Bob's your uncle, or rather Thaksin is.

I hope I'm wrong but anyone who thinks Thaksin will put the desires and aspirations of the Thai people before his own interests is seriously deluded.

I remember back in the early 90s when he was allegedly said to have given an expensive Bentley to one of the coup makers of 1991 in exchange for a monopoly concession .  

10 hours ago, bamnutsak said:

Sorry but there's no way the EC allows for changing party affiliation after an election, is there?

I can see the PPP MPs choosing to join a coalition (or not), but changing affiliation on the fly?

Allowing one man to essentailly change the votes of millions seems, well, stench-worthy.

Thai politics .!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

45 minutes ago, bannork said:

I believe the elite prefer a neutered and chastened Thaksin and his traditional dynastic family politics to MF's genuine passion for reform.

If Pita is disqualified over the redundant media shares inherited after his father's death, then Pheua Thai can claim the PM's post.

Bring in Bhumjaithai , Pravit's party and the senators who "listen' to him and PT have the premiership, They'll need Prayuth's party and the Democrats too, then Bob's your uncle, or rather Thaksin is.

I hope I'm wrong but anyone who thinks Thaksin will put the desires and aspirations of the Thai people before his own interests is seriously deluded.

I remember back in the early 90s when he was allegedly said to have given an expensive Bentley to one of the coup makers of 1991 in exchange for a monopoly concession .  

Look back to the CAT/TOT fiasco that spooked the coup and who went to jail. 

Palang Pracharat wind up denied by Prawit - Thai Examiner Deputy Prime Minister Prawit Wongsuwan described as ‘fake news’ reports he planned to resign Palang Pracharat leader and disband the party.

https://www.thaiexaminer.com/thai-news-foreigners/2023/05/23/palang-pracharat-wind-up-denied-by-prawit-fake-news-pheu-thai-supports-pita/

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, anchadian said:

Palang Pracharat wind up denied by Prawit - Thai Examiner Deputy Prime Minister Prawit Wongsuwan described as ‘fake news’ reports he planned to resign Palang Pracharat leader and disband the party.

https://www.thaiexaminer.com/thai-news-foreigners/2023/05/23/palang-pracharat-wind-up-denied-by-prawit-fake-news-pheu-thai-supports-pita/

The old guard are desperate but they know they can rely on Pheua Thai to help them out. Thaksin will do anything to come home. There are no permanent enemies in Pheua Thai, a party that welcomes back traitors who joined the junta government.!

11 hours ago, robblok said:

Why am i not surprised with the dirty tricks of Thaksin. I mean the guy wants to come back at any cost. So this is a solution for him. He is betraying his voters though but im sure he does not care. I mean its just working together with the army but hiding it. Well done Thaksin betraying your voters and having just 1 ideal to rule and return to Thailand.

And **x** will poison Thai politics and society once more, possibly creating a situation like 17 or so years ago, bringing more mysery and corruption, while enriching himself, his family, and cronies...

I feel sorry for Thailand.

Edited by StayinThailand2much
  • Like 2

17 hours ago, robblok said:

Why am i not surprised with the dirty tricks of Thaksin. I mean the guy wants to come back at any cost. So this is a solution for him. He is betraying his voters though but im sure he does not care. I mean its just working together with the army but hiding it. Well done Thaksin betraying your voters and having just 1 ideal to rule and return to Thailand.

Thaksin does not control the PP.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, h90 said:

been here while he was PM.....And don't know what your problem is with the Junta....everyone that has doubts at MF is not a Junta lover...I would guess there are close to non who love the junta

Who could have ever predicted…..

Wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong..,, how many times are you going to get things wrong before you finally wake up to reality, drop the Thaksin nonsenses and own your own anti democracy beliefs?

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Andycoops said:

Pity the unelected PM can't be dissolved along with his bunch of Muppet cronies.

Honestly, the whole elective process seemed to be a charade.......the usual unelected/illegal Junta crowd were all participants, yet no one from the other sides made a mention of it - not even a whimper or protest. 

.....and we still have a sitting majority in the Senate that were never elected, among a "Caretaker" PM, Deputy PM and other assorted cabinet members. 

No one seems to understand that there is something wrong with this picture.