5y driver licence renewal Bang Lamung

Swiss1960

On 7/17/2023 at 10:02 PM, Banana7 said:

So at Bang Lamung (pattaya) DLT  can I use the pink ID card or the yellow book instead of getting a immigration residence letter to renew driver's licenses?

I was coming up for my 4th 5-year renewal this week. I did the online 1-hour course, passed it and scanned it. I went to Jomtien soi 5 for a Residency Certificate; on the (Jomtien soi 5 generated) application form - which they have produced to force you to apply for a Residency Certificate for each purpose (and charge 300 baht where it states online that the cost is 200 baht) e.g. Open a bank account, buy / sell a vehicle, get a driving licence etc., I ticked "Driving Licence" and on the "Other category" wrote "Renew Driving Licence". I went for my driving Licence renewal the next day, only to be rejected because (as read and confirmed by my wife) the quarter-wits in Jomtien Immigration had made a mistake in the details they entered on the Residency Certificate; instead of entering my name in Thai language (upper-left of the form), they actually entered: "To the staff of the Driving Licence Centre". So, I was told to go back to Jomtien soi 5 Immigration and get a new Residency Certificate. After talking this over with my wife, she said: "No problem, my driving licence expired 2 years ago; you have 3 years before you have to "start again" - meaning start the diving licence process over again. Note: I had no problems whatsoever obtaining my 5-year renewal on the previous 3 occasions. 

17 hours ago, safarimike11 said:

I was coming up for my 4th 5-year renewal this week.........

This saga sounds like the 'being pxssed around from pillar to post' one gets a lot in Thailand. I was sent back and forth between soi 5 Jomtien and the revenue dept in Banglamung City area (quite a distance) when trying to get a Tax number once.  A pink card looked like a good idea about then.

• Like 1

On 3/13/2024 at 8:43 AM, Wobblybob said:

I renewed my 5 year driving licence yesterday at Bang Lamung, was told I needed a resident certificate from Pattaya immigration, I left it too late and failed to get the certificate and carried on to the test centre regardless. I showed all the documents minus the resident certificate and showed them my pink id card and was happily told to go get my new licence after the colour eyesight test and the brake test. Does the Pink ID card have any bearing on getting the new licence?

Yes, it is and I believe it will be even more of a benefit to have one in the future.

18 hours ago, safarimike11 said:

Yes, it is and I believe it will be even more of a benefit to have one in the future.

Is it true that it is the equivalent to a tax ID? A lot of folks will be needing those come the start of 2025.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/9/2024 at 12:35 PM, safarimike11 said:

Residency Certificate; on the (Jomtien soi 5 generated) application form - which they have produced to force you to apply for a Residency Certificate for each purpose (and charge 300 baht where it states online that the cost is 200 baht)

can you expand on this further, it sounds like you are saying the residency Cert states the words for "car" or "motorcyle" meaning you can no longer just photo copy one certificate for the two, they have made it specfic for which use you intend, rather sneaky if they have.

36 minutes ago, smedly said:

can you expand on this further, it sounds like you are saying the residency Cert states the words for "car" or "motorcyle" meaning you can no longer just photo copy one certificate for the two, they have made it specfic for which use you intend, rather sneaky if they have.

image.png.cf3b1639a064728230199c66d88a5d9e.png

1 hour ago, smedly said:

My last renewal it was fine if the Residence Cert was marked for "Car". A copy of the cert was ok for motorcycle whether it was marked "Motorcycle" or not.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Smokin Joe said:

My last renewal it was fine if the Residence Cert was marked for "Car". A copy of the cert was ok for motorcycle whether it was marked "Motorcycle" or not.

thx

20 hours ago, smedly said:

Yes, you've got it in one.

The comment about at the DLT to not worry when your licenseis expired. Isaan lawyers website states fine for expired Driving license is up to 1000 baht.  In addition your Insurance may deny a claim and deny claim from government’s Road Accident Victims Protection Fund. So best to renew on time

I had to purchase 2 residency certificates in July to renew both my car and motorcycle licenses, and also needed 2 medical certificates.  I discovered that when you renew after your birthday (the expiration date), you get the rest of that year until your next birthday plus 5 years.

27 minutes ago, Maine_MoFo said:

I had to purchase 2 residency certificates in July to renew both my car and motorcycle licenses, and also needed 2 medical certificates.  I discovered that when you renew after your birthday (the expiration date), you get the rest of that year until your next birthday plus 5 years.

I renewed my licences at Banglamung 6 months ago, they accepted copies of medical and residency certificate. 

21 hours ago, Maine_MoFo said:

I used an agent and pretty sure they supplied only one original of residence certificate and medical certificate... for my two licences. I got the cute girl who helped me to myself too.