Two Phuket taxi drivers charged after Bolt driver threatened, vehicle attacked

snoop1130

353863820_593309106253269_7320117599420578696_n.jpg

Police in Phuket have charged two taxi drivers with damaging property and threatening behaviour after a Bolt driver’s vehicle was attacked last Sunday. While initial media reports stated it was one attacker, the Phuket Express reports that there were in fact, 3 drivers involved in the fracas.

It all kicked off when a legally registered, fully-compliant female Bolt driver picked up a foreign passenger from outside a restaurant in Bang Tao, in the northern part of Phuket’s west coast. Three men approached her car and proceeded to hit and jump on the vehicle.

Two of the men have been named as Wuttidet Promthong and Udomchai Pengsut. They were summoned to Cherng Ttalay Police Station where they were charged with damaging another person’s property and threatening someone. Police have not named the third driver, but say he has also been summoned to face charges.

By Peter Roche

Caption: Phuket's finest. PHOTO: Facebook/Phuket Times ภูเก็ตไทม์

Full Story: https://phuket-go.com/phuket-news/phuket-news/two-phuket-taxi-drivers-charged-after-bolt-driver-threatened-vehicle-attacked/

Phuket Go

-- © Copyright Phuket GO 2023-06-15

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

The most versatile and flexible rental investment and holiday home solution in Thailand - click for more information.

1 hour ago, bignok said:

Why don't these losers do Bolt themselves?

(a) Unable too rip off passengers, (b) mafia boss would be angry. (c) would have to buy their own car. (d) don't want their mates beating or shooting them.

All of the above.

• Haha 1

43 minutes ago, Thaindrew said:

Because they would have to work twice as hard to make the same money given that Bolt is so much cheaper, they don’t really want to work too hard ….

It had me thinking the drivers on Bolt are owner/drivers not renting from the mafia, I had some family here for a couple of weeks and judging by some of the cars I saw, one a Fortuna and MG SUV 

There must be lots of people like me who never use a taxi because they wont use a meter. It must have cost them thousands over the years.

I much prefer a car instead of a Motorbike but I wont be ripped off.

Just recently I have started to use Bolt as well as motorbike taxi.