Famous YouTuber Interrogated at Local Police Station

webfact

8 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

Does he have a Visa or is he a Thai Citizen?

Nobody cares if the end game is reached...  and he provides the correct tea funds..... do you think the cops just want a movie preview?

Love him or hate him, he is an astute, wealthy young businessman. I dislike his antics, but I also appreciate how many millions he is raking in and the amount of hard work that must have gone into it.

If I remember rightly, he was another one of those Mormon chaps like Ajarn Adam who came over here to convert Thais to their beliefs, right?

• Confused 1

8 hours ago, JBChiangRai said:

There are a couple of other issues.

For foreign individual or organisations to film for anything commercial, you need government approval here with a particular type of visa.  Secondly, this is the guy's job, if he doesn't have the right visa/gov't permission, he's earning money doing this, so he needs a work permit and must pay taxes if he lives here.

I suspect this is only going to get worse.

His Thai gf and her parents are very wealthy.

I suspect this will go nowhere!

• Like 1

I suspect that most of the comments here are generated by 1 - the commentors being out of tune with what younger people like to see (rightly or wrongly, but in my opinion it's part of the dumbing down of society. Remember, though, the brainless slapstick comedy of old, especially in the USA). 2 - jealousy that he is so successful doing something he loves, making tons of money and having masses of people who like what he does.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

11 hours ago, bogs smith said:

this clown does my head in.

cancel his visa and kick him out. 

It was on the cards a few years back, it's a shame it wasn't carried thru '. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, RAZZELL said:

Being "well known" or "popular" doesn't mean anything.

Just look at Jake and Logan Paul, KSI etc complete idiots (but wealthy)

Jack the Ripper was well known as well. 

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, JBChiangRai said:
12 hours ago, Ralf001 said:

He owns (and is is CEO) the My Mate Nate Studio which is a production/promotion company.

I suspect he has is ducks in a row in regards to work permit/visa/taxes.

Expand  

I hope you're right.  I am less confident that all the youtubers here in Thailand have gone about it correctly.  I have a friend here in Chiang Rai who does it, and I know he hasn't.

You seem very keen to blow Nate up for what you see as his visa and tax law contraventions.  Have you done the same to your known-to-be illegal friend in Chiang Rai?

• Confused 1

11 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

You wonder if his Hi-So connections to his GF's father keeps him out of trouble.

Well, you wonder.   What is "the trouble" that you're suggesting he is in that needs hiso connections?     The years-ago coins incident doesn't count.

• Confused 1

10 hours ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

Their ego would never allow it.

The uniform is their sign of authority and status, that signals that they are above any civilians.

Generally, the majority have never worked for the people of Thailand or for the good of society. 

They used to be hired thugs for the rich Chinese merchant classes, and are now little more than a criminal gang in uniform, as recent events have so clearly evidenced.

You can clearly see their struggle to move into the 21st century as Thailand develops. Many of them still think they are living in an era where corruption, torture, extortion, dishonesty, immorality, and bullying are perfectly acceptable, whether in the line of duty or not. 

In other words they don't have good examples to follow. 

18 hours ago, Myran said:

"as his popularity has brought worldwide recognition to Kanchanaburi"

Who should be the first to tell them that no one outside of Thailand has any idea who this guy is?

Quite a few inside did not have any idea until recently. I must be living in a bubble.