Thai ex-judge sentenced over 20 million baht bribery allegations

webfact

3 hours ago, webfact said:

The sentencing comes as a consequence of corruption allegations involving a whopping 20 million baht bribe request dating back to 2018. The judge had famously sought the bribe from an arrested Taiwanese individual, significantly affecting the judicial justice system’s integrity.

They have some?

3 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

The land of corruption and brown envelopes.  How many more are there like this in Thai society, and why can it not be eradicated? 

1] Thousands

2] Greed

Edited by hotchilli

If you want to talk about corruption, let’s talk about the Red Bull kid. They knew where it was. They never sent out the international things you enter Paul to have them arrested and he’ll be back as soon as the smoke clears they should investigate all the people involved in the red bouquets from the top to the bottom they’re all 

Corrupt TIT

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

The land of corruption and brown envelopes.  How many more are there like this in Thai society, and why can it not be eradicated?  No this is not a rhetorical question.  Please assist my addled mind in understanding what happens to the ones who try and make things right?

The fact that he was tried and found guilty along with some of the others tells me that there is a chance to cut it down.  Don't kid yourself this happens in other countries. 

• Haha 1

Did I miss the bit where he has to pay back the 20 million and that his 5 year sentence is to be served in prison? He probably went halves in the 20M with the prosecuting authority presiding over his case so thats why it wasn't mentioned?  

ThailandRyan!

There was one (1) cop that was doing what the rest should do.

Check out the video on Youtube:  "Thailand`s Fearless Cop/101 East Documentary".

This will give you some (all) answers you need to now about Thai corruptions and

sweeping everything under the carpet. Nothing can be done. It`s endemic in this country.

Cheers!

1 hour ago, keystonecoppers2 said:

ThailandRyan!

There was one (1) cop that was doing what the rest should do.

Check out the video on Youtube:  "Thailand`s Fearless Cop/101 East Documentary".

This will give you some (all) answers you need to now about Thai corruptions and

sweeping everything under the carpet. Nothing can be done. It`s endemic in this country.

Cheers!

(6) Thailand’s Fearless Cop | 101 East Documentary - YouTube

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, ezzra said:

Things in Thailand got so bad now that graft extortions and bribes are demanded and paid in the open, and almost all government departments are engaged in this despised and despicable ways of running a country.

i went and renewed my marriage visa a few weeks ago. so many palms out for some grease. its heartbreaking to me as i know they will all go home and make merit at the temple. inside believing they are good honest hard working ....i should stop. 

• Like 1

But then the judge who sentenced the ex-judge suddenly reversed his decision and dismissed the case.  Those in the court room said the defendant was seen scanning a QR code attached to the judges bench just prior to the dismissal. ????

• Haha 1

What a joke, look at all the foreign land sales threw businesses. Wide open and in their face and nothing is done. Untold thousands of illegal land deals. 

Edited by Gknrd
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

The land of corruption and brown envelopes.  How many more are there like this in Thai society, and why can it not be eradicated?  No this is not a rhetorical question.  Please assist my addled mind in understanding what happens to the ones who try and make things right?

Study history and you will find your answer. It's not limited to Thailand, btw.

Edited by Jonathan Swift

19 hours ago, worgeordie said:

5 years , but does not say he is actually in prison , out on

appeal for the next several years most likely...

regards Worgeordie

And the money is where??????