My new Thai gf (35/f) invited me (42/m) to visit her family in Isaan after < 1 month of dating? I feel uncomfortable but agreed. What do you think?

9 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Couldn't count the times I've wanted to do that to some brat let run wild by their revolting parent. Of course in this brave new world I'd never act on the desire.

I'm surprised that his corpse hasn't been given the same treatment as Oliver Cromwell's on January 30 1661 for that movie clip.

I don't like children, and never have.

However, I feel great sympathy and compassion for children these days, growing up in this changed world, one not of their making.

Therefore, I am willing to help, when asked.

But I would completely draw the line at either living with them, or interacting with them, any more than necessary.

And, I would advise always making this clear to any love interest

W.C. Fields...Forever!

Sounds like a Beetles tune, don't it.

W.C. Fields...Forever.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I like that saying.

The only area I never went in LOS was Issan. I once thought about it but the GF slapped the idea out of me.

Khon Kaen, Nong Khai, Bueng Kan are pretty good.

• Thumbs Up 1

21 hours ago, Myran said:

"after < 1 month of dating"

"but do feel I love her"

You can't love someone that you don't know, and getting to know someone on that level takes considerable time. Considering you're just a month in and already giving her money and getting invited to the family, it doesn't really sound promising.

Only you can decide what works for you, but it's not a relationship I would take any further.

If she is working why is this guy giving her money?

6 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Never happened to me. However they did steal everything they could after the divorce.

Well, brake ups is never easy,  if I divorce my wife, whats in Thailand is hers, everywhere else is mine. Rule nr one, do not invest more than you are willing to walk away from! If not bothered to take all necessary legal steps to make sure you have something if so happens. But for me, that means months with an x on my back, if not years. So rather pack up my bags and never look back.

Kind of good as well, and healthy, meaning you keep your self in check, and act like you have something to loose, and also easier to leave if not worth it.

I do have motorbikes and cars in my name, and thats it. Easy to clear out, and nothing to fight about. 

Edited by Hummin

34 minutes ago, Hummin said:

Well, brake ups is never easy,  if I divorce my wife, whats in Thailand is hers, everywhere else is mine. Rule nr one, do not invest more than you are willing to walk away from! If not bothered to take all necessary legal steps to make sure you have something if so happens. But for me, that means months with an x on my back, if not years. So rather pack up my bags and never look back.

Kind of good as well, and healthy, meaning you keep your self in check, and act like you have something to loose, and also easier to leave if not worth it.

I do have motorbikes and cars in my name, and thats it. Easy to clear out, and nothing to fight about. 

Always have a BUP.

Just now, KhunLA said:

For those that prefer to ... ????

But only with someone who has never been impregnated by another's sperm....whether there is a condom worn or not would seem to me to be immaterial to the equation.

PH

Time will tell ! Spend as much as you can afford to give up!

Don’t let your smaller head do the thinking for you!

A week in Issan ,with the famIly isn’t enough time to decide your relationship!

You need to spend  6 months of living together with all of ups and downs before making  bigger steps!

imop

chok dee

On 7/8/2023 at 4:28 PM, mfd101 said:

As for money matters, that goes with the territory. Either get used to it or get out.

It’s possible to date above you, not below you. What that means is your reaching for people to date that are more wealthy then you. It is possible.

2 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

No. Don't do it. It is a very bad idea for some very good reasons. 

Well, we all seem to have a very different definition of what girlfriend is, or is not. I hear some men or women talk about being in love with someone after knowing them for a short time. All that is, is anxiety, impatience, and the intense desire to be in love. Some are more in love with the idea of being in love, than with the person they are with. I think for most of us who are emotionally healthy, the idea of taking one's time to really get to know someone, is alot more informative and desirable, than just losing oneself in the moment. 

I have seen countless men lose their fortunes, or at least their financial stability here, by moving too fast, assuming she is someone she definitely is not, and projecting too much onto someone they have not bothered to really get to know, and allowing the woman to push the agenda. Always push back against a timeline. Always. It is far better to lose the woman, than to unnecessarily lose your money and feel like a fool. 

I think finding a good woman requires a proper qualification process. Taking a long time to make a determination to see if she is worthy of your time, and devotion, is always a good idea. See what she is made of. See what kind of heart and soul she has. Many women like to push the timetable. It is up to us to push back. There are plenty of very good women here. Take your time finding one, and keep your standards high. You owe that to yourself. If it is good, time will reveal that. If there are issues, they will be revealed over time. Time is your ally. Use it wisely. 

If both love each other they can stay together and enjoy their time together. There is no need to marry and with that important financial decisions.

I don't know if some men think when they marry a woman that that binds the woman to them, like now she is mine. No, that is not the case.

And if she insist that you marry her now then think about why. Why can't she live another year with you without marriage? 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 7/8/2023 at 11:27 AM, Gecko123 said:

Go to Isaan to meet the family if you think it'd be a fun trip, but don't make any rash moves. You need extra time to get to know her when you are crossing cultural and language barriers. Jumping in with all fours usually ends in tears.

Good advise and make sure she knows that if the relationship is going to progress you want to get to know her better at a slower pace - Think with the big head not the little one.

If anything, it will be fun but probably boring but also an experience of REAL life in Thailand.

6 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

If both love each other they can stay together and enjoy their time together. There is no need to marry and with that important financial decisions.

I don't know if some men think when they marry a woman that that binds the woman to them, like now she is mine. No, that is not the case.

And if she insist that you marry her now then think about why. Why can't she live another year with you without marriage? 

Come on now some women like commitment, you look for one's who don't, so ok for you.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JimTripper said:

It’s possible to date above you, not below you. What that means is your reaching for people to date that are more wealthy then you. It is possible.

Characteristically - everywhere in the world - it is women who marry up, not men. Buried deep in our genes I should think, and not surprising.

On 7/8/2023 at 4:19 PM, AventurasEnMadrid said:

This time I feel a bit uncomfortable but have agreed.

So after a month of dating, your already doing things your uncomfortable with, or don't want to do...... come & tell us what she has got you doing after 3 months.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, mfd101 said:

Characteristically - everywhere in the world - it is women who marry up, not men. Buried deep in our genes I should think, and not surprising.

Not sure about that, as I've married up 3X, (of 4) though first 2 weren't beneficial at all.  3rd beneficial, only since I can't own land here, and investing with and under her name has meant living here cost/rent free, all 23 yrs, and then some extra in the pocket.

3 minutes ago, oxo1947 said:

So after a month of dating, your already doing things your uncomfortable with, or don't want to do...... come & tell us what she has got you doing after 3 months.

@AventurasEnMadrid

can't wait till she brings up the Sin Sot, and no Thai person would pay for someone with kids already.  That should really let you see things clearly.

There will be a nice piece of land of hers or family you can build on, or buy something new in 'her' name.

RUN