Thai Anti-Corruption Commission Reveals Asset Details of Former MPs Thammanat and Chad

webfact

2 minutes ago, madmitch said:

I still haven't worked out why he was not charged with standing as an MP while he may not have been eligible. Criminal record and fake degree. He must have known these may have got him disqualified.

I have now worked it out: he was a member of the right party!

A government affiliated company I used to work for had dealings with this 'person', and ended up appointing one of his subordinates to the board. The subordinate, completely useless in the business development role he was appointed to, then stole tens of millions of the farang owner's personal assets and company assets from under the owner's nose, in corroboration with the owner's 'trusted' Thai director. 

The farang owner was a complete mug though, could not get over his own ego and hubris.

10 hours ago, HappyExpat57 said:

Are these high ticket items? If so, what makes them sacred and can I turn cheap amulets into sacred amulets so I can make a bundle selling them?

Sure. Easily.

Monks will sanctify a dead cat if you pay them enough.

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, HappyExpat57 said:

Are these high ticket items? If so, what makes them sacred and can I turn cheap amulets into sacred amulets so I can make a bundle selling them?

just convince others that they are worth money.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, madmitch said:

I still haven't worked out why he was not charged with standing as an MP while he may not have been eligible. Criminal record and fake degree. He must have known these may have got him disqualified.

Indeed, the right connections is everything !!!,.. but that goes up for the rest of the world as well.

2 hours ago, champers said:

If Prawit becomes PM this guy jumps up the food chain.

Which would be very bad news. He's not frightened to take advantage of / dominate any political situation he can explore and gain from including getting closer to the PM and to opportunities. 

Edited by scorecard
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, scorecard said:

Which would be very bad news. He's not frightened to take advantage of / dominate any political situation he can explore and gain from including getting closer to the PM and to opportunities. 

The real bad news is that such a scenario will be largely accepted by the population.

same as it ever was.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, zzaa09 said:

The real bad news is that such a scenario will be largely accepted by the population.

same as it ever was.

I don't see it like that. A few months ago my son was with some old friends, I know all of them, all very balanced and intelligent people. They all speak good English.

They were watching the late night news on TV.

There was a segment on the jail bird and his curent activities as an 'advisor' to the PM.

One of sons buddies looked at me and said 'he is a very bad man', another said 'yes, bad and dangerous', another said 'and powerful and he's been in serious  violence before'.

I asked 'do any Thai people thinke he's a good man?'

Instant response a loud NO from all present. 

14 hours ago, webfact said:

This ongoing transparency effort is designed to combat corruption and maintain political accountability.

Nice one. Any explanation of HOW they ended up with all that wealth? Didn't think so.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, scorecard said:

Consulting or cronyism with personal power (tell me what you want, I WILL make it happen)?

16 hours ago, madmitch said:

When the jail time etc in OZ was put to prayuth he quickly dismissed the comment with 'but it wasn't in LOS so it's not relevant'... 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1