Pita ordered to suspend doing his duties as an MP

webfact

1 minute ago, Tom H said:

even more than 165….

That is the minimum I think? Approximately.

141 (PTP) + 71 (BJT) = 212

375 needed

so a minimum of 163 Senators needed. That will be easy I think. There are 249 Senators I think. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Well, just as expected. Back to figuring out what I should order on Grab… maybe a “Pita Sandwich”…

Good luck, Thailand! Did anyone really believe they would just let him take the power?

Edited by khunpa
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, kingstonkid said:

Phuethai and Anutin are not a big enough majority.  Once all the smoke settles and the government has gotten settled If they join together I would expect a vote of NO confidence by MFP or whatever the party name is.

Any joining with Anutin would hurt the PT considerably.  The only way for PT to survive at all is to stay with the coalition as it stands and make nice with MFP. 

You must count to 375 and Pheu Thai plus Bhumjaithai and some smallers plus 250-13 S are over 375. Even in parliament they are not „minor“. 

Thats the problem of many people. Counting.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

11 minutes ago, bamnutsak said:

Yes. They are. With 165 (from 250) Senators.

Againthe issue is ot becoming PM or party in power it is about can you govern when the MFP has more seats and will be looking for a chance to vote NO CONFIDENCE.  Also can they then expect their followers that hate the military to vote for them in the next election.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

27 minutes ago, Snig27 said:

Do you really think that's the reason? That's at best very naive. In 2006 it was a cooking show. In 2014 it was a minor shift of an official years before. 

These are all establishment excuses for judicial coups. 

Its the current law in place and it got leverage. Could have been avoided.

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

22 minutes ago, Mavideol said:

do u really think that, come on, they would have found something else, it was a losing situation from the moment he start to put forward his intentions of making changes.... the "old" crocs here don't like and will not allow changes as it would have hurt their pockets/status, asian mentality it's complete different then westerner, here the main concern it's me and me, myself and I, the rest, country/people, it's not important

He gave it to them on a silver plate. I like the guy but he threw it away on defunct shares that he knowlingly held ... even after the previous guy was cancelled for the very same thing.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Now the happy clown:

1/2) Phalang Pracharath member Ruangkrai Leekitwattana said Weds at parliament it's time for Pita to leave parliament as the Constitutional Court has suspended Pita from his duty as PM pending the ruling on whether he lacks qualifications to be an MP due to ITV shareholding.

(2/2) Ruangkrai was the person who initiated the petition which first went to the Election Commission

https://twitter.com/KhaosodEnglish/status/1681556493160824834

9 minutes ago, bamnutsak said:

That is the minimum I think? Approximately.

141 (PTP) + 71 (BJT) = 212

375 needed

so a minimum of 163 Senators needed. That will be easy I think. There are 249 Senators I think. 

That was clear for the strategists since months.

You are 100% right.

1 hour ago, webfact said:

image.jpeg

Pita ordered to suspend doing his duties as an MP temporarily, as Charter Court accepts Election Commission’s petition seeking verification of Pita’s status vis a vis his iTV shareholding.

Source: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/breaking-news/

Logo-top-.png

-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2023-07-19

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

why am I not surprised! how convenient is this ruling, just on this day!

let PheuThai do their thing until next election and then come back, better prepared!

• Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, Tom H said:

You must count to 375 and Pheu Thai plus Bhumjaithai and some smallers plus 250-13 S are over 375. Even in parliament they are not „minor“. 

Thats the problem of many people. Counting.

PT and BJT have only 212 (141+71) seats in the house 

MFP has 151  dems 25 utn 36 PPP 40 total of 252 votes

Therefore while the PT may have a Prime minister they still do not have the full power as a majority government.  

If you consider that one of the unspoken goals is to get Thaksin home then that becomes a non starter.

Parties have to consider the big picture.  The senate can not save you in the house if you do not have the support of the house.  

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

12 minutes ago, kingstonkid said:

To get a person named PM, maybe but what can they do in the house once they get it and will Anutin play second fiddle gain.  The challenge is not getting your person as PM it is about getting your party in power and being able to stay in power.  PT dropping MFP opens them up to be the loyal opposition and would hurt them n the long run.  Siding with Anutin is almost as bad as siding with the military.

They find other parties representing 25 M voters who are against a change in chapter 112 for example. Even a minority government is possible and can be managed with dekrets similar C-times.

I see a majority apart from MF.

And PheuThai even get the ticket to bring someone home. PheuThai wont go on streets.

Edited by Tom H
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1