Pita ordered to suspend doing his duties as an MP

webfact

22 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

Power and victory to the people!! 

I bit idealistic. You know that as soon as the people come to power they start creating a new aristocracy - as in the French and every other revolution. I have no confidence that Thailand will be any better under 'democracy'.

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Eleftheros said:

I believe the reason is that the company was inactive, and that (by definition) you cannot trade shares in an inactive company.

If they don't get you one way, they get you another.

They could simply have said, as soon as he won the election: "You will never be PM.". The subsequent 2 months or so has just seen a lot of theater and blowing smoke, activities which are known as "the Thai way", which is celebrated in the national anthem.

Is that like "My way"? The Sid Vicious version, that is.

2 hours ago, bob smith said:

And miss all the fun on the streets??

never in a million years.

me and the mrs have got buy 1 get 1 free on orange helmets and face masks. Business is going through the roof down the market for all things orange at the minute!! 

I don't think it will be fun on the streets at all

If I had a market business with orange helmets and face masks I would be giving them away and not BOGOF.

It would be my small way of helping the protest.

4 hours ago, Homburg said:

I see trouble ahead.  It may be wise for those that can to leave The Kingdom until matters are resolved.

What I see is just the same old record playing…

Right now a lot of Thais are disappointed, a few will protest until they get hungry and go home or thrown to jail. Same, Same as always. Life goes on and things are quickly forgotten.

We then wait another 4-5 years and it all repeats itself.

I have come to Thailand since 1997 and I don’t know how many times I have thought “NOW there will be BIG trouble!”. Never happens as it would require consistency from all (and real balls) to beat and take down the system.

So just enjoy the weather and go for a swim. Don’t worry, you are just as safe here as in any country.

Edited by khunpa
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Southeast Asian societies do not turn on a dime. MFP have definitely outperformed. At least, by even daring to tackle the question of Section 112 reforms, they've cracked open what was previously a taboo topic.

Change in Southeast Asia occurs over generations, not years. Note that, in neighbouring Malaysia, it took 25 years from the time Anwar Ibrahim kicked off his "Reformasi" movement to taking power as Prime Minister.

44 minutes ago, Mr Derek said:

I bit idealistic. You know that as soon as the people come to power they start creating a new aristocracy - as in the French and every other revolution. I have no confidence that Thailand will be any better under 'democracy'.

You pointed to something inevitable, even under Pita, that most people cannot see at this moment. Pita has all the ingredients to form a new aristocracy, his international "silver spoon" upbringing and exclusive education... 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

19 minutes ago, Mansell said:

What a bunch of crooked &ankers the lot of them. No military should be in charge of a country. Fire them all and have another election.

Well, you lack the understanding of what a military dictatorship actually is... It's not a matter of deserving or earning, but of raw power, mighty is right... 

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, hydraides said:

Let's be honest in some ways Thailand is still a very efficient country. It was probably #1 country in handling the pandemic response (World class quarantine centers at cheap prices) and then Phuket was one of the first places in SE to open up with Vaccination (Months before Australia or New Zealand)

Did we see Thailand police and military forcing people who were out on the streets during lockdown back in (Unlike in democracy like Australia) 

Thailand has one of the best healthcare systems in the world

Thai's may be poor but being rich doesn't necessary = Happiness. 

Compare the mood and temprement of 100 Thais to 100 UK citizens .........and think about how many of the 100 UK will moan they hate their life , whilst 100 thai enjoy sense of community, eating out each day etc

----

If Thailand life is so bad under the Junta, why have so many farangs moved from their western governments lol. You have alot more freedom, cheaper life here than back home

My friend, think a little of what would be of yourself if you didn't have your international income while living in Thailand... If you had to fend for yourself under the present dire conditions... Thanks 

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

4 hours ago, DjSilver said:

Who is surprised about the corrupt courts in Thailand? If the military saya jump, they jump without even asking how high. They judges are so corrupt.

Let's see some good demonstrations now on the streets of Bangkok. The largest ever. Please...

There'll need to be millions to make any difference...

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, MrMojoRisin said:

The best outcome for Future Forward (and Thailand) is for them to move to the opposition benches and let Pheu Thai reveal their true colours by joining with junta lackeys such as Anutin and the Democrats.

FF will utterly destroy all these clowns in the next election and will be able to reform Thailand unhindered.

Rome wasn’t built in a day. 

"FF will utterly destroy all these clowns in the next election and will be able to reform Thailand unhindered." But only if there is a "next election". 

• Confused 1

56 minutes ago, billd766 said:

How easy it must be to condemn 70 million people as a keyboard warrior.

I have also been living in Thailand for years and I have no intention of leaving. I have a Thai wife and an 18 year son who have helped and supported me for years. I have quite a few good Thai friends also.

Why would I want to leave them just to look after my own skin?

quote "Thai people are so naive. They lie blatantly, they corrupt blatantly, and no one says anything."

Not ALL people are the same. 

The problem is NOT the Thai people, n

This got interrupted by a power outage which lasted longer than my  UPS backup. :sorry:

10 minutes ago, John Drake said:

It's probably not a good idea for foreigners on a Thai news forum to call for revolution and blood in the streets. It's not going to happen.

I've always questioned [in a most curious manner] the supposed intelligence and knowledge of said foreigners as it applies to Thai affairs and society. Largely, twisted irony...

• Thumbs Up 1

We'll be LIVE on AsiaTonight 7pm BK to make sense on the day and saw the end of @Pita's ambitions.  Ill be at parliament and @MayWongCNA from a pro-democracy protest.

• Thumbs Up 1