8 hours ago, sidjameson said:

No. I have more money than her.

She has more attractiveness than me.

How about you?

She has more money than me.

She has more attractiveness than me,

She does not live in Isaan with her brother

17 hours ago, Screaming said:

I recently bought a large block of cheddar cheese manufactured in the Netherlands called Grand Or. I purchased it at Makro. It is a 2.25 kilogram block and cost 1,293 Baht. I am really enjoying it. 

Wel, when you buy a round cheese (Gouda mature) from the same Netherlands, with a weight of 2.2 kilograms, you'll pay nearly 3000 Baht.

Call that cheap...?

• Like 1

1. Loud Thais. Mostly females.

2. Lying or giving misleading info. Not manning up.

3. Hot humid weather.

4. I’m never left alone. Always people around bothering or watching over me. Security guards and maids watching my coming and going each time. I call it hovering.

5. Can’t buy property and live alone there.

Edited by JimTripper
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, bignok said:

Nothing about Thais then

All happens in Thailand more than anywhere i can think of...the topic was Thailand, not specifically Thais....and hate is a strong word...more better would be what irritates you.

• Thumbs Up 2

19 hours ago, bignok said:

Whats your top 5?

Topics like this and foreigners whinging +3. They come along regular as clockwork; people thinking they’re the first to come up with it. ????

Just move on guys if the place isn’t for you. 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2

17 minutes ago, Gsxrnz said:

I love driving in Thailand, bike or car. Quite simply, discard everything you learned about driving in the West, and adapt - you ain't in Kansas. I hesitate to say "drive like a Thai", but at least learn the way they drive and drive accordingly yourself.  You'll be much happier, and safer.

Exactly. In the early 70s I used to go on detachment to Sardinia with the RAF and the driving there was much worse than Thailand. I had to drive through Cagliari on a daily basis and preferred the 3 toner to the mini.

People are quick to condemn but the motor vehicle did not evolve in Thailand like it did in many western countries, by the time it became readily available to the population here it was already a killing machine. That lack of evolvement led to a lack of regulation and education in it's use. When it comes to personal safety everything should be kept in perspective, last year about 14K road deaths in Thailand compared to over 40K deaths due to gun crime in the US.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, alien365 said:

2. The wealth disparity.

5. Lack of skills and knowledge. (tradesmen/ shop assistants) 

well to some degree the wealth disparity is actually a skill disparity. So many unskilled, undisciplined people that drive down the average and make competent people look like super heroes. 

Noisy Russians and their unruly kids dominating our pool. 

City hall blocking roads causing traffic woes. 

Dishonest politicians like pigs in the trough. 

Immigration officers making their own rules to make things difficult to sway people to agents. 

Places that charge 55 baht for a cup ob tea.  I buy 100 teabags for 99 baht

• Like 1

13 hours ago, brewsterbudgen said:

I could easily think of 5 things I hate about my 'home' country as well.  Maybe you're just easy to please.

Some people lack the ability to think critically and appreciate nuance.  I assume their idea of "hate" is to have every waking moment filled with anger and bitterness aimed at these topics.

• Like 2

1) The general inconsiderate and oblivious nature of the people

2) Reckless driving (see #1)

3) Thoughtless city planning that makes daily life a hassle (all roads are mixed used, no parking, congestion etc..). Moving out of any city fixes this though.

4) Roaming dogs (see #1)

5) Noise pollution (see #1)

6) Concrete, hot, congested housing developments with micro sized plots and nearly touching roofs. I thought suburbs in America were terrible but Thailand is next level. This problem is getting worse as Thailand "develops".

If those were fixed (they won't be) I wouldn't feel the need to leave the country every year. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

There's a lot more than five things to hate about Thailand. IMO the worst of the lot is farangs not being able to buy houses in their name. I agree with not being able to buy up land apart from maybe a couple of rye to surround the house.

• Like 2

" Professional " Thai people who know everything, but in reality know very little.

Awful drivers / riders

Salted Fish being cooked - what a stench

Dual pricing at Shops not displaying their prices

poor standard of " tradesman " work Ie - Electricians Etc

But still a nicer place to live for than my Home Country now

Edited by Cake Monster
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

And despite all the rhetoric to the contrary, the army turned out to be less capable and more corrupt.

Well as I see I couldn't give a monkeys so much has been improved where we live while the whoever army guy became acting Prime Minister.

It seemed again to me the army were in control instead of the police.

Is there no corruption in other countries you think. ????

2 hours ago, Bundooman said:

I'd of made that No. 1!

???????? I have 2 friends from Switzerland, 1 from Sweden, 1 from Holland, 1 from Italy. 1 from Finland, 1 from Germany, 1 from Scotland, 3 from England. 

1 hour ago, daveAustin said:

Topics like this and foreigners whinging +3. They come along regular as clockwork; people thinking they’re the first to come up with it. ????

Just move on guys if the place isn’t for you. 

Not easy if you can’t afford to just move on. The reasons most are here are money related.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Hate is such an over-used verb, but things that annoy / alarm me;

Mad drivers (with guns)

April-May heat and humidity (although I normally leave for cooler climes during Thai Summer).

Stinky food.

Lack of specialized tradesmen; plumbers, electricians, etc.

Income disparity.

• Like 1

Immigration hassles in general. No non immigrant visas. PR is ridiculous

Not being able to own land, home.

People cannot seem to manage themselves on BTS, MRT. The young are especially ignorant.

Bangkok foothpaths and everything about them.

Service charge and tax in restaurant bill.

Prices are starting to become an issue.

Lack of beach resort June to October. In BKK, no local green spaces.

Weather is usually awful. 3 mos of good weather.

99% foreigners under 50 in general. All the 25-55yo chancers at work specifically.

Women are starting to get fat.

Edited by Seamaster
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, NorthernRyland said:

Now this is a new one. Dripping water, seriously? 

Yes, on reflection I'll replace it with the lack of respect for the environment due to littering.

(That said, walking to work in a nice shirt & tie and getting dripped on from canopies did use to drive me crazy).

• Like 1

My 5 pet hates (when I lived in rural Thailand)

1. Bureaucratic requirements for a retirement visa.

2. Chillies.

3.  Loud screaming drunk Thai women at pool tables/karaokes.

4. Floor level toilets with plastic bowl and tub of water to flush/clean

5. Regular water supply interruptions to my house.

Edited by Burma Bill
additional information
  • Like 2

No hatred in my blood, I think, Retired to enjoy life and remain open minded, but 5 observations and maybe more :

1.  Ex Pats who brought their racism here from the West, when I thought I escaped it from leaving a Western Country. Yes, it’s common in all races but the degree varies.

2. Ex pats with more money than social skills and would never have a Western relationship with a woman.

3. Old Ex Pats with money who come here for young boys.

4. Ex Pats Clubs with Racists, totally unaware of their racism and are quick to say “ I am not racist, I have a Thai wife”, but living like their British Colonial ancestors. 
5. Addicts, Sex, drugs, alcohol, Ex pats again who find a haven here, yet their fellow compatriots never acknowledge this but moan about Thais way of life (“ moaning minnies “, ‘ whingeing Poms”)..

social skills 

• Like 1
  • Sad 2