Cannot communicate with MG Thailand.

up2you2

10 minutes ago, Lacessit said:
16 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Your comment is more questionable as MGs are not solely made in China.

Can you explain why the OP can get no response out of MG? To me, that is questionable.

No, I cannot, I have not tried to, not do I have to, it is irrelevant to your response to my comment that you quoted.  Can you explain why you stated that MGs are solely made in China?  

• Confused 2

18 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

I can't be bothered looking up the brands made solely in China to satisfy your carping.

"...your carping".

So correcting your factual inaccuracy is now "carping", is it?

And you can't be bothered to check the veracity of your  inaccurate claims before posting falsehoods?   Ok.

Edited by Liverpool Lou
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, up2you2 said:

On MG Thailand's web site under Contact Us there's a proforma to fill in. I have on three occasions, nobody gets back to me.

In these days of everyone being glued to their smartphones it is easy to think that all businesses have a dedicated person who is also glued. 

Some companies don't even list an email address. If the subject is worth your time you should phone. 

Most Thai businesses do not respond to emails etc. as they are used to chatting on Line. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

13 minutes ago, Celsius said:

Liverpoul Lou.... the defenfer of all Chinese Thai has arrived and no one please question him. No matter the facts presented he will keep polishing those boots.

Which "facts" are those that I have disputed where I am wrong?  Specifically, please.

22 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

MG does not use any components that are not manufactured in China, they are all made, exclusively, in China?   You sure about that assertion? 

You may want to check the veracity of your wife's claim.

When MG took over in Thailand they brought all their stuff by boat from China. I am talking about mechanical stuff, not about installed speakers.

My wife's customers were Honda, Toyota, Panasonic, Yamaha, Seagate and dozens of big names in Thailand. She knows her stuff.  She is right here with me.... wanna ask her something?

Edited by Celsius
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Celsius said:

I am talking about mechanical stuff, not about installed speakers.

I did not mention "installed speakers".  I was responding to this false claim that you made...

"MG uses exclusively cheapest of the cheap parts made in China".

Edited by Liverpool Lou
  • Confused 1

Just now, Liverpool Lou said:

Yet what your "pure-blooded Chinese wife" (she's not Thai now?) claimed is not accurate. 

What has her bloodline got to do with anything?

Not accurate is a broad statement that is useless without any context, probably because you can not provide any.

So, let me ask you like a baby. What is she not accurate about?

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, Celsius said:

Not accurate is a broad statement that is useless without any context, probably because you can not provide any.

What is she not accurate about?

This is what you were not accurate about in your post...

• Confused 1

14 minutes ago, Celsius said:
20 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

This is what you were not accurate about in your post...

Expand  

Except it is. Prove otherwise.

You made the claim that prompted my response so the onus is on you to prove that it is true, not on anyone else to prove that it isn't!

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

7 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

The interiors and engines look very cheaply made to me,

I can understand you saying that the interior looks cheaply made as you can see it!

But how can you say the engine is cheaply made when you cannot see the internal workings?

• Thumbs Up 1

6 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

Yes, of course it is my opinion. They are not time tested. Only many years of use will reveal if they hold up like their Japanese or Korean counterparts. I don't think they will. The interiors and engines look very cheaply made to me, as a sacrifice for a good looking and seductive enterior, at a low price. 

SAIC been building cars for 67+ years:

... "Founded in 1955, it is currently the largest of the "Big Four" state-owned car manufacturers of China" - wiki

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ezzra said:

Don't knock it, my friend bought one months ago and she's very happy with it performance, comfort and price wise.

Chinese stuff not reliable..... married (very pretty) one of them and after a couple years she started to fall apart, worse that a used car with high (very high)  mileage and can't find good spare parts  555

Edited by Mavideol
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, KhunLA said:

... "Founded in 1955, it is currently the largest of the "Big Four" state-owned car manufacturers of China" - wiki

Yes, they bought the MG British brand name, so they could sell it globally....????

1 hour ago, ThailandRyan said:

7 liters per 100 m is what I am averaging, average tank fill running 1500 Thb.

I take it you mean 7litres per 100 KM, which is 14 km / litre. I get 12 out of my 3 litre diesel Vigo.

13 minutes ago, KannikaP said:

I take it you mean 7litres per 100 KM, which is 14 km / litre. I get 12 out of my 3 litre diesel Vigo.

Yes km. 55 liter tank. Never have run it to empty, average fill is around 37 litres at about 520km driven.

Edited by ThailandRyan
  • Thumbs Up 1

34 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

That is true, however the MG was re-branded, and the Chinese incarnation of it does not have a decades long track history.

• Thumbs Up 2

22 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

That is true, however the MG was re-branded, and the Chinese incarnation of it does not have a decades long track history.

Not sure 1 brand of your cars produced needs more than a decade to work the kinks out, when you've been putting out cars for over 67 years.

SAIC has owned MG since 2007/09...

... "In 2007, Nanjing Automobile was acquired by SAIC Motor, and in early 2009 NAC MG UK Limited was renamed MG Motor UK Limited.

SAIC took ownership of the MG brand, and from 2010 onwards, the newly released MG 6 was produced in China.

Thee first all-new MG-branded model for 16 years, the MG6, was officially launched on 26 June 2011 during a visit to MG Motor's Longbridge plant by Chinese premier Wen Jiabao.

By March 2012, SAIC had invested a total of £450 million in MG Motor. Sales in the UK totaled 782 vehicles in 2012. The MG3 went on sale in the United Kingdom in September 2013.

MG Motor was voted third place for the 'Best Manufacturer' category in the Auto Express 2014 Driver Power survey." - wiki

• Like 1