Would you take a gf to Pattaya?

bignok

We go now and again for three or four days,  Good food, great English breakfast, fun looking at the sad sacks, thinking they will spend their lives out, bedding hundreds of girls for pennies. and sitting eating alone. Still last time there the women were looking older, fatter, and tattooed way to much. Still need a deal on some threads, a late second-hand wheels some pies or a new smartphone, it is still the place to go.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I see nothing wrong with taking your gf to any place in Thailand, i.e. unless she is the jealous type.

Been all around Thailand, visited bars with the wife and on my own, wife either at the hotel or back home, no issues, enjoyed a few ladies as well, after all, what's life for, apart from living the dream.

If she's the jealous type because "she" loves you, then no !

Edited by 4MyEgo
  • Thumbs Up 1

Imagine the gals in Newcastle on a Friday, in walking street, it would deadly to be a man in town. In Newcastle they would also be soaked by the rain, In Walking street, they would be soaked in sweat....Ughhh!

Edited by phetpeter

Like a car, if you go into the showroom, she will rightly believe you are looking to replace for a newer model. Trying to explain that you are only going in to kick the tires, look under the bonnet, and not really interested in a test drive. would you believe her if the tables were turned?

• Thumbs Up 1

8 minutes ago, Jacques Clouseau said:

Not international enough, mademoiselle.

I don't like it....

Didn't know that Newcastle coals thing even existed ????

Learning everyday !

So what would you say en Francais for taking something which is un-necessary, somewhere.

9 minutes ago, phetpeter said:

Like a car, if you go into the showroom, she will rightly believe you are looking to replace for a newer model. Trying to explain that you are only going in to kick the tires, look under the bonnet, and not really interested in a test drive. would you believe her if the tables were turned?

Mostly used cars in those bars.

1 hour ago, KannikaP said:

So what would you say en Francais for taking something which is un-necessary, somewhere.

"Apporter de l'eau à la mer." (bringing water to the sea)

But it doesn't really capture the "bringing a sandwich to a restaurant" spirit.

"Apporter de l'eau à la mer" is essentially bringing something unnecessary somewhere but it fails to capture the idea of quality in "bringing a sandwich to a restaurant".

You know? The sandwich is common and boring and the restaurant is sort of fancy and on occasions only.

I've no idea how I would convey that in french.

I could say something like "Amener ta femme à Pattaya, c'est se mettre des bâtons dans les roues"... (bâtons dans les roues = sticks in the wheels)

But that stresses the idea of self-sabotage...

I don't know !

Edited by Jacques Clouseau
  • Love It 1