Need some advice

bignok

and u come to Asian Now for advice/advise..... u really must be desperate man  555

I do nothing and by doing nothing I already do something, I do nothing

Edited by Mavideol
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Mavideol said:

and u come to Asian Now for advice/advise..... u really must be desperate man  555

I do nothing and by doing nothing I already do something, I do nothing

You think everyone here is a terrible person? That's a bit harsh.

2 minutes ago, 1FinickyOne said:

I eventually got bored with traveling - - what I did know is that things change... people are fascinating to me, but many get boring... if you have dreams and follow them, if you have intellect, it is easy to get bored... 

So what then? Just accept that life is boring 555

1 hour ago, bignok said:

I need meaning.

when I lived in NYC my best friend was a very bright lady and we would talk about finding/having meaning and purpose in life... one of her lady friends who used to discuss the same issues w/her told her that when you have children, you don't ask those questions anymore... 

1 minute ago, bignok said:

surely, parts/times of life get boring - - I don't necessarily accept it, but I have had this issue since I was 7 years old.. Vini Vidi Vici  - then what's next? 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bignok said:

Carrey still playing  role ! Is ok  he can rise over sad start but so too easy make like some apology for success. He has his things but needs sympathy  for his need for things of  success.

What happen to other who want need same but never get? Look for answer some place like here?  Balcony jumpers get a moment of notice. Think on it !

1 hour ago, bignok said:

It's not that it is boring, but if you indulge yourself, there can be boring moments when you are not sure what to do next... which sounds like what you are going through now...

I back packed for a year around the world when I was 24 - - did it on the cheap and one of the things I learned was that if/when I do this at an older age, I will want to have a lot more money to do it in style and not have to scrimp... so, one of the things I did was have my own business and invest well... 

13 hours ago, Cake Monster said:

OP

Life is just not a continual Holiday filled with Parties and pretty Girls

Most of the time it is mundane and yes, maybe boring

You just have to accept that and lead as full a life as possible 

It is if Bob's in the bar, err I mean house

On 7/26/2023 at 9:27 AM, bignok said:

I'm extremely bored with life when not travelling. I have things to do but don't enjoy it. I see people do less than me but seem happy doing next to nothing. They just watch crappy movies and the like. 

I can drink with a mate but he's depressing. I can drink with a female friend but she's a nut. I can hang out and talk shares with another but that bores me. Another friend lives far. Others I know are busy. Their lives look boring to me but they seem happy but you never know. A mate told me he's been depressed for 15 years and I couldnt tell.

So what the hell should i do? Be a full time nomad? I cant see how that works.

Or just watch crap movies like these other morons?

I don't know.

Sounds like "life hates me and I hate life". Consider this: Before you were born you were dead for billions and billions of years. After you die, you will again be dead for billions and billions of years.

You are only alive for a depressingly short time. There is nothing more boring than being dead.

If nothing else: Sit under a fuzzy tree with a can of beer in your left hand an Delete vigoruosly with your right hand while singing "I did it my way". Once dead, you can't do any of those things anymore.

• Like 1

On 7/26/2023 at 6:59 PM, bignok said:

Run amok.
I am sure that it will end out dreadfully,
although maybe not for us, if you post on here
afterwards.

27 minutes ago, swissie said:

Sounds like "life hates me and I hate life". Consider this: Before you were born you were dead for billions and billions of years. After you die, you will again be dead for billions and billions of years.

You are only alive for a depressingly short time. There is nothing more boring than being dead.

If nothing else: Sit under a fuzzy tree with a can of beer in your left hand an Delete vigoruosly with your right hand while singing "I did it my way". Once dead, you can't do any of those things anymore.

I believe in reincarnation. Beer and a Delete 55

On 7/26/2023 at 3:53 PM, Celsius said:

Wrong place to ask as most people on this forum are bored and depressed.

You think someone with 20,000 post has a fulfilling life?

Then there are those with more than 100,000 posts after only a couple of years (or is it 3 or 4 years).   A higher average number of posts in a week than I have in a year.

They aren't bored.  They are too busy trying to control the threads they post in!  ????

On 7/26/2023 at 8:27 AM, bignok said:

I'm extremely bored with life when not travelling. I have things to do but don't enjoy it. I see people do less than me but seem happy doing next to nothing. They just watch crappy movies and the like. 

I can drink with a mate but he's depressing. I can drink with a female friend but she's a nut. I can hang out and talk shares with another but that bores me. Another friend lives far. Others I know are busy. Their lives look boring to me but they seem happy but you never know. A mate told me he's been depressed for 15 years and I couldnt tell.

I don't know.

Big Nok

Im like you easily bored cant stand living a vanilla life ,,always looking for new adventure , all my homes are just places i store stuff , more interested in the journey than the destination , hate being trapped ,,sometime i stay   and chill , read, look tv and movies , socialize and party but when my demon calls I  am off again

• Like 2

On 7/26/2023 at 2:27 PM, bignok said:

I don't know.

Now now, mother. Settle down. Did you get out of the wrong side of the bed this morning? Life is not that bad. Have a cup of tea and relax.????

• Sad 1

It sounds like it’s time for introspection in your life. I’ve found meditation works for me and has done for the last fifty years. Start off slow, like ten minutes and build up to where you can do an hour or more. Once you get into a groove with meditation the rest will seem like what it is….just distractions.

Now if you blow this off, then there is your boredom right there. 

• Thanks 1

On 7/26/2023 at 3:38 PM, Jacques Clouseau said:

I feel you. I've been like you all my life.

I took the nomad path. I know it's a form of escapism but I don't care.

For a year now I've been traveling all over SE Asia, I went to different parts of Thailand, Malaysia and Laos - most of the time hiking in nature.

I travel on the cheap and make the money I need online.

It's not gonna lead me anywhere but that's ok.

Society bores me to death and I know I'm not alone in this.

The meaning crisis in the West has just begun imo.

Soon we'll be legions. Legions of neo dharma bums :))

That wasn't you in my front garden the other day was it?

• Thumbs Up 1

On 7/26/2023 at 3:18 PM, bignok said:

Things i like

Lanna food

Lao Beer

Travel

Photography

Exploring new roads

Coffee

Walking up hills for view

My gf

Things i dont like

Everything else

So, to cut a long story short, you are not interested in anything new, you are even bored with the things you like, including your girlfriend. (have you told her that?). 

Looks like you and Bob Smith should get along fine with your mutual boredom. 

• Thanks 2