Red Shirts in Korat Gather to Welcome Thaksin at Don Mueang Airport

webfact

20 minutes ago, cjinchiangrai said:

Shouldn't that be the Brown Shirts From Bangkok?

LOL. Are you suggesting that they didn't have the guts for brown shirts, so they picked red as a poor-man's brown instead? Anyhow, at least the 'black shirts' were wearing ϟϟ colours...

Edited by StayinThailand2much

6 hours ago, steven100 said:

I think i'm going to throw up ...  ????

The perfect plan is unfolding, Machiavelli couldn't have done it better. It's unfortunate but I can't help but admire the establishments machinery, it runs like clockwork. Democracy has a lot to learn, they'll get there eventually but not with naive wishful thinkers, a cold calculating heart with a court of idealists on the periphery to keep that heart from freezing is required.

• Like 2

He will not return unless he will not be arrested locked up on arrival.The party is dreaming still with the sister too if they want to return.They did escape justice as everyone knows.If they stayed they would have being being free by now instead it still waits for them

5 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

RTP and Immigration officers should have a transport van waiting as soon as the plane taxis to the gate and as it stops board the plane and arrest him on the spot before he gets feet dry inside the terminal.

There will be a plan in place to switch the oncoming flight from DMK to SUW if the Red Shirt horde is perceived to be a problem. Perhaps the RS plan to crown both airports?

3 hours ago, BangkokReady said:

Because the red shirts (the subject of the discussion) are saying they are supporters of and fighters for democracy, when clearly they want something else.  Their being the same as the previous government is exactly the point.

And it is exactly a false equivalence.

• Like 1
  • Confused 3

2 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Is there still anybody out there who believes that?

Never forget!

The military opened fire on the red shirts, killing scores. If you were being shot, killed and no way to fight back, what would you do? A fact then, a fact now. The T mans real crime, if an expat, was unleashing the genie of populist nationalism. Blaming western banks, read 'Farangs', for deliberately causing the 97 economic collapse. BTW all parties; red, yellow, or green, believe that now, it is become part of Thai populist history, as Thais can never be blamed for such things. 

Time to stock up on Booze & Bud. The T man just might have an act II.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, VillageIdiot said:

...or an example of Karl Marx's perceptive observation that "History repeats itself first as tragedy then as farce."

Sadly, these people never learn,...not from there history nor other country's history's,...

10 minutes ago, candide said:

Haven't they always fought for elections and elected government?

If they cared about elections and elected government, wouldn't they be fighting for such a thing now?

MFP got a majority and Pita should be PM. The fact that they are ok with this not happening because Thaksin can come back shows exactly what they care about.

So now It's their fault if Pita cannot become PM, not the Junta's Senate?

Not even close to what I have said.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, candide said:

And it is exactly a false equivalence.

What equivalence do you think I am I making, false or otherwise?

I'm saying they are being dishonest, claiming they want democracy then clearly showing they aren't so bothered by it if it means they get what they want.

• Like 2

However, it doesn't cancel the fact that they always fought for elections and elected government.

If they stop fighting for democracy once democracy doesn't get them the result they want, were they ever really fighting for democracy?

• Confused 1

3 minutes ago, BangkokReady said:

If they stop fighting for democracy once democracy doesn't get them the result they want, were they ever really fighting for democracy?

It's a flaw in this so-called democratic system, IMO. I wanted the PM to come from the MFP, but they couldn't form a big-enough coalition. Until they strip un-elected senators of voting power, what are you gonna do? Next man (party) up. They need a government. 

• Like 2