Top five places to take elderly mum in Pattaya

Goat

That depends on what the elderly mum likes to see - and can handle.

Probably it's not a good idea to go with her to a place where you are well known, and all the girls say hello to you and your mum.

But maybe she likes to see that Pattaya is all about. Maybe she wants to see some nice girls dancing on stage.

Personally, my mum surprised me sometimes in my life.

• Like 2

Central Festival and Terminal 21 are good for the aircon and have numerous food choices. Always seems to be something going on in or around both places. 

If she is here in November there is Loy Kratong and; later in the month; the fireworks. 

A well planned day out into Bangkok would be on my list. Jim Thompson house, River City, boat to Icon Siam, temples and palaces area.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, newnative said:

Nong Nooch Gardens

Sanctuary of Truth

Floating Market or Underwater World

Terminal 21

Sunset dinner at one of the restaurants on the beach in Wong Amat, Naklua, Jomtien, or Cosy Beach

Lot of Walking in some for the elderly.... me included. 

Got elderly MIL with me now... so limited physically  can't take her anywhere much!

1 hour ago, jacko45k said:

Lot of Walking in some for the elderly.... me included. 

Got elderly MIL with me now... so limited physically  can't take her anywhere much!

I think some places have wheelchairs available these days.  We took my partner's elderly mother to Underwater World and we wheeled her through the various rooms.  She could walk but we had a lightweight, foldable wheelchair that we used depending on how much walking was involved.   You can view a lot of Nong Nooch Gardens from the trams that run through the park.  Likely the OP could arrange for a wheelchair there.  Not a ton of walking involved with Sanctuary of Truth or, in most cases, the beachfront restaurants.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, newnative said:

I think some places have wheelchairs available these days

Oh yes, very much so.... but she struggles to get in and out of the vehicle too, and complains of any bumps in the road. We have a wheelchair, and zimmer frame.....I recall my last visit to The Sanctuary had some rough areas, steps etc....she also doesn't enjoy the struggling. I wouldn't waste my own time going to the floating market in Pattaya......

On 7/28/2023 at 9:04 AM, Espanol said:

Temple of Truth, Big Buddha, Zoo, Floating Market, Pattaya City Sign, Elephant Jungle Sanctuary, Nong Nooch Botanical Garden, Khao Chi Chan Buddha

Can imagine my old dear liking all that spot on

• Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, JimTripper said:

What happened?

Well, she was still fragile after the long flight and she really struggled with the heat, The hotel in Soi Diana was not up to her usual 4-5 star standards and she found the whole place a bit in your face. Old men with young girls shocked her. Then every now and then a girl I had been with would throw themselves at me which she also found surprising. Finaly after a hot day and a cold beer she got heat stroke and was laid up ill for the last few days there. 3 days before her flight I moved her to Bangkok and checked her into the Dusit Thani hotel which sorted her out befor her flight. That was about the only place that made a good impression on her. This was all 40 years ago so things were more primitive back then.

Her second trip went better as by then I was married , had a house in Bangkok and a car so she had a nice room and was chauffer driven everywhere.