Nirun Condo low class ??

georgegeorgia

5 hours ago, rogerpattaya said:

I lived in Nirun Condo for two years when I first came to Thailand so I have a good idea what its all about.

It's not high class, but it is good value for money.

Most of the people are decent and friendly.

There is something like 1800 Condos there so you are bound to get a few idiots living there, law of averages.

I now live not far away from Nirun but still go there two or three times a week to eat and get my laundry done.

Don't judge a book by its cover.

I had a friend who lived there for 3 or four years, probably around 10 years ago and he liked it.  I visited often and there was never a problem.  It was often noisy but he never had any negative issues with other residents, Thai or otherwise.

The condo's are very small, 29 s/m IIRC.  The hallways are dark and dingy, cleaned maybe twice a month.  The pool was useable at that time.  He usually had it to himself on weekdays, weekends there would sometimes be kids playing in it.  

It was a bit of a hike to get to the baht bus on Pattaya Klang but he had a motorbike so not an issue for him.  His motorbike was never messed with but a few others were stolen from there from time to time.

Somebody who had bought and renovated one of the condo units at Narin posted on this forum last year.  He had tried to make it look like a luxury unit and was expecting to get silly money for it, like B700K.  I never saw a follow-up.

Edited by dddave

15 hours ago, JimTripper said:

I’m feeling like Pattaya is not for me or I misjudged the living situation.

I’m staying in my condo more and more and not really wanting to go out much.

I do like big cities and lived in nyc many years and had a good time. There I was kind of meeting new people, hooking up later, or going to different venues etc that made a big difference. In Pattaya it’s like I am just popping into oriented bars and it feels empty.

Living in Pattaya would be my idea of hell. There are so many other locations in Thailand that are available that offer a range of things to do.

2 hours ago, JimTripper said:

Nothing but bars.

Obviously you don't live there or you know that's just complete nonsense.

You need a scooter and explore.  

Perhaps lay off the booze a little as it's a depressant.  You'll have more energy and perhaps lose a little weight. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Umlungu said:

You state that you are Australian.

Well, you should feel quite at home in the Nirun and its car wrecks. Go to any  city suburb in Oz and you'll find the alcoholics queuing up in the morning for the pubs to open. You'll be accosted by all kinds of drunk or sober weirdos. Add in the convict-gene criminality at all hours of the day, anywhere and everywhere. Car wrecks all over the place. A collection of old Holdens and P76s. A clapped out third world country where wages and rents are paid and collected on a forthnightly basis because the populace can't be relied on budgeting for an entire month ..... lol. Go home, mate, to where you belong. 

Where in Oz would one find this ?

1 hour ago, LS24 said:

Living in Pattaya would be my idea of hell. There are so many other locations in Thailand that are available that offer a range of things to do.

Well yes, and yet more offering absolutely nothing much to do......Pattaya and Bangkok cover the bases..... 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Pattaya57 said:

If you don't live in Pattaya and think it's your idea of hell, why are you bothering to post in the Pattaya forum?

A few posters spouting there right wing religious beliefs.

Beautiful women, sex, and the religious moral police don't mix. 

3 hours ago, dddave said:

Somebody who had bought and renovated one of the condo units at Narin posted on this forum last year.  He had tried to make it look like a luxury unit and was expecting to get silly money for it, like B700K

What is a reasonable, non-silly figure for a renovated Nirun unit then?

Edited by Somros

4 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

You are getting confused, thinking that the only thing to do is bars and chasing ladies

Really not confused. I wasn't referring to just bar scene. Pattaya and all that it offers is my idea of hell.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Pattaya57 said:

So again, why are you posting in a Pattaya forum if it's your idea of hell? We don't need your Bible input

Didn't bother to read your post the first time. If you don't like what I type, put me on hide. I rarely read fiction so I am unsure why you mentioned me and the bible in the same sentence. And I'll post as I choose, thanks all the same.

55 minutes ago, NextG said:

What is it that it offers and what would you prefer? 

Thank you for not suggesting that you know my thoughts in your question and worthy of a response.
- Packed with tourists and holiday makers both locals and foreigners alike.

- Terrible parking in town.

- The touts that invariably come with tourists and more bothersome lady boys and hookers. I'd like to think I'm special but even getting hit up in shopping malls by women in pay for play gets tiring real quick.

-  ocean water not to a standard that I'm comfortable swimming in and average beach.

I could go on.

EDIT: I will go on. Farangs who think that after misinterpreting a post believe that they have a person summed up. High % of them in Pattaya zone based on an admittedly small sample size of the people I met there in the short time that I have been there.

14 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

What does it offer? I'm guessing you don't know except bars etc

You are 0-2 at being wrong. In SCUBA parlance you are well past your safe PPO2 of 1.6.. You better ascend before you O2 tox.

Edited by LS24
Added another important reason
  • Sad 1

15 minutes ago, LS24 said:

Thank you for not suggesting that you know my thoughts in your question and worthy of a response.

- The touts that invariably come with tourists and more bothersome lady boys and hookers. I'd like to think I'm special but even getting hit up in shopping malls by women in pay for play gets tiring real quick.

-  ocean water not to a standard that I'm comfortable swimming in and average beach.

I could go on.

You are 0-2 at being wrong. In SCUBA parlance you are well past your safe PPO2 of 1.6.. You better ascend before you O2 tox.

You didn’t actually reply to my question even though you quoted me. 
Packed with tourists? Not where I live. 
Terrible parking in town? Do you have a car? I don’t think so. If you do and you have a problem with parking in the centre, take a bike. 
Touts? Where? In Walking Street? Don’t go there then. Again, none where I live. 
Ladyboys and hookers? Again none where I live and certainly not have not EVER been approached by one in a shopping mall. 
Ocean water not the same everywhere. I can travel a bit to get to nicer sea water or use the salt water pool. 

My question is what does it offer and what do you prefer…. as opposed to made up scenarios that don’t affect non sex tourists. 
I have a normal life here. No ladyboys, no touts, no hookers. Methinks the problem is with your mind. 
I’ll admit to thinking the same things about Pattaya in the past that you do now. I preferred island life. Now I prefer a mix of city and beach. There’s more than one beach in Pattaya. Perhaps you need to get out more. Life is what you make it. 

Edited by NextG
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, LS24 said:

Didn't bother to read your post the first time. If you don't like what I type, put me on hide. I rarely read fiction so I am unsure why you mentioned me and the bible in the same sentence. And I'll post as I choose, thanks all the same.

I could go on.

EDIT: I will go on. Farangs who think that after misinterpreting a post believe that they have a person summed up. High % of them in Pattaya zone based on an admittedly small sample size of the people I met there in the short time that I have been there.

Ironically, you appear to think you have Pattaya summed up after wandering around the centre. Erm… it’s the centre ???? I used to live in Soho when in London. If I only visited that place, I’d have a skewed view of London. 
Try to not be quite so opinionated about a subject of which you clearly know very little. There are normal people around here. You don’t see them because you are focusing on the ladyboys et al. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, steven100 said:

Logan

Was thinking more Ipswich to be honest.

Visited friends in Logan back in 2019, did not see a lot of what you mentioned.

But certainly not found in every town/suburb either city or rural as indicated.

Edited by Ralf001

7 minutes ago, NextG said:

Ironically, you appear to think you have Pattaya summed up after wandering around the centre. Erm… it’s the centre ???? I used to live in Soho when in London. If I only visited that place, I’d have a skewed view of London. 
Try to not be quite so opinionated about a subject of which you clearly know very little. There are normal people around here. You don’t see them because you are focusing on the ladyboys et al. 

Ironically, you are incorrect. Are you suggesting that there are nice clean waters in Pattaya? Are you suggesting the beaches are nice? I tend tend not to agree. Why is it so hard for you to read someone else's opinion?

Just ignore me if you don't like it.. Maybe I should move into Nirun and have my mind changed to what a gentile and bikie free, scammer free, farang free place greater Pattaya is?

But to be fair, why don't you supply a list of what are the ten things that make Pattaya better thatn nearly any other beach haunt in Thailand. Prove me wrong with  guile rather than just making substantiated claims about my knowledge of the place you find so fond.

Educate me rather make acertions about what I have experienced and where I have experienced it.

Edited by LS24
  • Sad 1

7 minutes ago, Ralf001 said:

Was thinking more Ipswich to be honest.

Visited friends in Logan back in 2019, did not see a lot of what you mentioned.

But certainly not found in every town/suburb either city or rural as indicated.

haha ...   I typed Ipswich first and then thought of Inala and Logan .....    we must know those sleezy areas .. Lol