Nirun Condo low class ??

georgegeorgia

There's small beach/fishing communities up and down the eastern seaboard with easy access to Pattaya and Bangkok. Plenty of foreigner bars and food, cheap condos or homes either on the beach or nearby.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Espanol said:

If you like big cities, and lived in NYC many years and had a good time, better move to Bangkok.

I chose Pattaya precisely because I hate big cities and my ideal is a small city by the sea, but with all the comforts of a big city (hospitals, shopping malls, restaurants,...) and close to an international airport.

I wanted to but the standard of living I am comfortable with was to expensive in Bangkok. I looked around and needed about 25-30k for a good condo in center.

I chose Pattaya because I got a nice condo for cheaper, but don’t really like the area I’m in. I also chose Pattaya just because it was an easy move from Bangkok and I was very tired of moving around and wanted stability. I’m getting a little older so being on the road all the time is not as easy.

I should have just rented places monthly and checked out Hua Hin, instead of signing a one year lease. I had good feelings about Hua Hin because there’s less low life stuff and looks like it has more class and quality people. I’m stuck here for the year now because I paid two months deposit I want to get back.

Edited by JimTripper

1 hour ago, JimTripper said:

I wanted to but the standard of living I am comfortable with was to expensive in Bangkok. I looked around and needed about 25-30k for a good condo in center.

I chose Pattaya because I got a nice condo for cheaper, but don’t really like the area I’m in. I also chose Pattaya just because it was an easy move from Bangkok and I was very tired of moving around and wanted stability. I’m getting a little older so being on the road all the time is not as easy.

I should have just rented places monthly and checked out Hua Hin, instead of signing a one year lease. I had good feelings about Hua Hin because there’s less low life stuff and looks like it has more class and quality people. I’m stuck here for the year now because I paid two months deposit I want to get back.

Your problem is that you moved to wrong part of Pattaya. You didn’t do due diligence. 
I moved to a place of my standard, wherein I’m more likely to meet people of higher standards, but I still have proximity to the centre for convenience. If you live in the centre, you are likely to meet all sorts ☺️
But you likely be bored to tears in other places. 
There are probably class/quality people here, but we create our own space as we don’t want to mix with the hoi polloi. Living in the centre, you look like the hoi polloi ????

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, NextG said:

Your problem is that you moved to wrong part of Pattaya. You didn’t do due diligence. 
I moved to a place of my standard, wherein I’m more likely to meet people of higher standards, but I still have proximity to the centre for convenience. If you live in the centre, you are likely to meet all sorts ☺️
There are probably class/quality people here, but we create our own space as we don’t want to mix with the hoi polloi. Living in the centre, you look like the hoi polloi ????

Moving away from center is not an option. I’m not interested in walking in the heat everyday for food and groceries or driving a motorbike or bolt taxi in and out for every meal or errand. I have done that before and it’s not easy in the heat.

A lot of these guys like Pratumnak or Wongamat but they are driving in and out all day for food. I’m not a commuter. It’s hard to find a perfect place.

Edited by JimTripper
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, JimTripper said:

Moving away from center is not an option. I’m not interested in walking in the heat everyday for food and groceries or driving a motorbike or bolt taxi in and out for every meal or errand. I have done that before and it’s not easy in the heat. Another plus for Bangkok, eateries at my doorstep.

But you couldn’t afford Bangkok ????????‍♂️
I don’t walk in the heat looking for food, ever. 
It’s ridiculous to even think of such a thing in Thailand. There is food everywhere. 
You just sound like one of those people who cannot adapt and therefore won’t ever be happy. 

There are at least ten eateries within 100 metres of my condo. I also have a full kitchen and can do a shop and feed myself with that. 
Of course moving away from the centre is an option, but you are just stuck in your ways. 
I prefer where I live, sea breezes and lots of greenery. Healthy living. If you choose to live in squalor for the sake of not being able to adapt and improve, then you only have yourself to blame. You’ll be back from Hua Hin in no time….bored to tears. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JimTripper said:

To decide which would be my best place to live in Thailand, I visited with my wife all the tourist sites in Thailand, including Hua Hin.

We found Hua Hin to be a suitable place for retirees over 70 who are golf fans.

Personally, we found it boring, and after a week we didn't know what to do there anymore.

If you are going to try Hua Hin, my advice is to rent for a month and check if the place is for you, before renting for a long term.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, JimTripper said:

Moving away from center is not an option. I’m not interested in walking in the heat everyday for food and groceries or driving a motorbike or bolt taxi in and out for every meal or errand. I have done that before and it’s not easy in the heat.

A lot of these guys like Pratumnak or Wongamat but they are driving in and out all day for food. I’m not a commuter. It’s hard to find a perfect place.

You are posting nonsense really. Who specifically is driving in and out every day for food? People who are incapable of walking a few metres to a local restaurant? People who are incapable of utilising a delivery service? People who are incapable if preparing meals for themselves? You sound incapable; not a good thing for an older man. It’s all downhill from therein. Become self sufficient and capable. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NextG said:

You are posting nonsense really. Who specifically is driving in and out every day for food? People who are incapable of walking a few metres to a local restaurant? People who are incapable of utilising a delivery service? People who are incapable if preparing meals for themselves? You sound incapable; not a good thing for an older man. It’s all downhill from therein. Become self sufficient and capable. 

Why don’t you go sit on that kaestsin road near the police box and ask them who they are?

just don’t walk in, you need a motorbike. It’s too far, plus the roving packs of wild dingos will bite your legs. 

get a map and figure it out if you can read one. It’s not hard, but it’s a hell of a hike up that hill. Good luck.

25 minutes ago, JimTripper said:

Why don’t you go sit on that kaestsin road near the police box and ask them who they are?

just don’t walk in, you need a motorbike. It’s too far, plus the roving packs of wild dingos will bite your legs. 

get a map and figure it out if you can read one. It’s not hard, but it’s a hell of a hike up that hill. Good luck.

Who suggested that you had to stay there and what does the police box have to do with anything? I used to train there; I know who they are. 
It seems you brain will only allow you to see things in a compartmentalised manner.
You want to live in the centre because you are incapable of living outside the centre. 
What do you do to stay healthy? Walking? Cycling? You need to do something anyway. Can you prepare meals for yourself or do you depend on restaurants every day? The fact that you write about having to go out for food every day makes that point. 

You create worst case scenarios inside your head. Wild dingoes? Really? ???? They are more afraid of you, than you of them. 
The centre is simply not beautiful. Are you looking out to sea or mountains or forest or cooped up in a cell that you need to escape? You aren’t going to find a perfect place, because you will make it too difficult for yourself. Too few of the elements are in place for you. If you found a beautiful place to live, you may get adapt to what is necessary. If you made great friends, found a great partner, again your views could change. The problem is that you are unhappy. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Espanol said:

- Near Bangkok
- Close to an international airport
- By the sea
- It has good shopping centers
- Good Thai and international restaurants from many countries (Spain, England, France, Germany, Italy, Russia, Iran, Georgia, China, India,...)
- Very good hospitals.
- Good public transport service at a good price.
- It's the perfect size, not too small and not too big.
- Its cheap
- It's touristy and everyone speaks English.
- There are diving centers.
- Numerous tourist attractions in the city and its surroundings.

- Good golf courses (if you like golf)
- Dynamic and full of action. It's not boring at all.

You hit it.  My partner and I like it for most of the same reasons.

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

Problem with these cheap places is you can't spend much on them otherwise they'll be overpriced and no chance in selling

There is a fully renovated one for sale in the lower soi blocks, 6 floors only, asking 799k, Thai quota, B1 518/464, saw it somewhere om social media,I don't have any contact details 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NextG said:

Who suggested that you had to stay there and what does the police box have to do with anything? I used to train there; I know who they are. 
It seems you brain will only allow you to see things in a compartmentalised manner.
You want to live in the centre because you are incapable of living outside the centre. 
What do you do to stay healthy? Walking? Cycling? You need to do something anyway. Can you prepare meals for yourself or do you depend on restaurants every day? The fact that you write about having to go out for food every day makes that point. 

You create worst case scenarios inside your head. Wild dingoes? Really? ???? They are more afraid of you, than you of them. 
The centre is simply not beautiful. Are you looking out to sea or mountains or forest or cooped up in a cell that you need to escape? You aren’t going to find a perfect place, because you will make it too difficult for yourself. Too few of the elements are in place for you. If you found a beautiful place to live, you may get adapt to what is necessary. If you made great friends, found a great partner, again your views could change. The problem is that you are unhappy. 

Are you happy?…. I always like it when your happy….????????????

34 minutes ago, JimTripper said:

Are you happy?…. I always like it when your happy….????????????

I think so. Yes. Of course each moment can differ, but overall, I cannot complain. 
Since you are already in contract, what’s to stop you from packing a bag and trying a month in Hua Hin/Prachuap Khiri Khan? Your accommodation will still be there when you get back. Rooms aren’t expensive monthly in Hua Hin. But then you’d have to look around to find your perfect spot. It’s not going to jump out at you; you’d need to make an effort. 

• Like 1

On 8/1/2023 at 1:29 PM, JimTripper said:

He tried that already. Nothing but bars. Try again or not at all. Give some suggestions or there’s not plenty to do. Here’s a hint: he does not want to walk around the mall all day either.

He could go to the Nirun to find out who owns that BMW ?

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Umlungu said:

There is a fully renovated one for sale in the lower soi blocks, 6 floors only, asking 799k, Thai quota, B1 518/464, saw it somewhere om social media,I don't have any contact details 

What do you mean by "Thai quota"? That the condo has reached 49% foreign owners?

8 hours ago, JimTripper said:

If you moved to the Nirun you would meet interesting people every day and hear their tragic life stories .....after you bought them a bottle !

A lot of disability pensioner I say 

Edited by georgegeorgia

20 hours ago, NextG said:

No.. I didn’t. I began to read it and it looked like a man beaten, who could take no more. Begging for mercy.  Now you are desperately trying to feign bravado. Your credibility here is shot. We are still awaiting the beginning of your discussions with regard to Nirun. Isn’t that why you (claimed) are here?

Pathetic…

No, I came to read about other's opinions on Nirun. I typed that Pattaya is my version of hell. You continue to t=reply to me even after you have said you won't. I'm finding you amusing.

16 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

That's the silliest thing you've said so far

Yet you replied to me twice in a row. And you have no idea where the big Budda is in Chonburi... Says more about your credibility than mine, tiger. You called me out that I hadn't ventured to your sacred area. I demonstrated that I had. Then suddenly it's silly. nice one.

7 hours ago, NextG said:

You seem to have a habit of telling people that they have problems. At least in some cases you so off, in your terrible assessment it was sad. Did you have a superiority complex or something?

7 minutes ago, LS24 said:

No, I came to read about other's opinions on Nirun. I typed that Pattaya is my version of hell. You continue to t=reply to me even after you have said you won't. I'm finding you amusing.

Where did I write that I wouldn’t reply, Wayne? ????

7 hours ago, NextG said:

NextG's thought patterns. " You have a different opinion to me.." - "You are posting nonsense blah blah blah" - . "You are wrong blah blah blah." - "I am all seeing and all knowing" - Everyone has problems because they are wrong. They should be like me. I am the righteous one!" "blah blah blah"

• Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, LS24 said:

You seem to have a habit of telling people that they have problems. At least in some cases you so off, in your terrible assessment it was sad. Did you have a superiority complex or something?

You certainly seem to have some issues here. No one seems to like you. Why don’t you just read quietly about Nirun, as opposed to just writing nonsense?

Then someone might be inclined to write something about Nirun, rather than having to respond to you ????

1 minute ago, LS24 said:

NextG's thought patterns. " You have a different opinion to me.." - "You are posting nonsense blah blah blah" - . "You are wrong blah blah blah." - "I am all seeing and all knowing" - Everyone has problems because they are wrong. They should be like me. I am the righteous one!" "blah blah blah"

You are obsessing/fixating. It’s not healthy and I already have a girlfriend, but thank you anyway. 
I’m not sure that you’d be able to hack it as a landlord. Perhaps you should reconsider.