Pheu Thai breaking with Move Forward to form its own coalition

snoop1130

11 hours ago, ballpoint said:

And the military will point to this squabbling between elected parties as a reason to remain in power for the good of the country.  They've done it before.  Many times.

Spot on

• Thumbs Up 1

12 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

They do anything to get power and to bring their criminal leader back.

Nobody should be surprised by this.

Move Forward seems to be the only party with principles who honor what they promised their voters. I hope the voters won't forget that. 

A sacrificial lamb, why he didn't back down and walked into this mess is amazing, the plot thickens, the Jet is on the runway, but I'm still thinking Anutin will surface as PM, maybe not now, however it's looking like the pardon is on. 

That may make the people happy, and dull protests, possibly the sale of whyskey and cigars and incense may boom. 

12 hours ago, Eric Loh said:

The people got rid of the junta puppet government that manipulated the previous election. That’s a win for the people. The new government has to be formed to manage the economy and people’s livelihoods. Any government without the military parties is progress and door slightly ajar for democracy. 

"The People" got nothing...but stuffed. Ignored. Same ol' same ol'. :coffee1:

Edited by Skeptic7
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, Andycoops said:

Democracy in Thailand is dead, RiP.

The dinosaurs need to become extinct, they are v living in the past, are not the future of the country, while those that are the future are yet again disenfranchised.

Disgraceful.

Actually, this time I have hope for the future of Thai politics.

Not for the next weeks, but for the next election, after the current senators are gone. And I would be surprised if we have to wait 4 years for that.

By now more and more voters understand who to vote for if they want progress. And many want progress. 

• Thumbs Up 1

11 minutes ago, Andycoops said:

Democracy in Thailand is dead, RiP.

The dinosaurs need to become extinct, they are v living in the past, are not the future of the country, while those that are the future are yet again disenfranchised.

Disgraceful.

The disappointment may be large in one camp while there is relief in the other. I don't know, so I am assuming, that many Thais (if one includes, as one must, the old and middle aged) are traditionalists and that changes to paragraph 112 wasn't popular with them, whoever wins there will always be  losers who will feel disenfranchised (an exaggeration). Whatever system is in place it is never perfect. No system is written in stone and if it were it can be chipped away piece by piece, as is happening now, no need for a bulldozer.

Looks like the Pheu Lie party are showing their true colours in a totally expected move to grab power.

Will probably unite with some of the "Old Guard" that the people of Thailand wanted and voted to get rid of.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, dinsdale said:

I posted this on another thread before this one popped up and I have slightly edited it.

PTP have dumped MFP and will form a coalition and I would expect government. They also said (reported elsewhere and cannot be sourced i.e. BP) they would reform and ammend the constitution and this seems to be in relation to the appointed senators and call a new general election. Interesting politics indeed. Let's see what happens. PTP must show their support base they have not betrayed them. MFP will be opposion but if PTP and MFP vote as a block in the house of reps along with the other coalition partners they will have the numbers to change the constitution and bring about a new election. All PTP parlimentarians would have to cross the floor to vote with the opposition MFP.  Talk about political machernations. It's insane and all because of 250 appointed generals by the coup leadership to entrench their power and override any democratic election result that threatens it.

The more I think about this the more intersting it becomes. PTP could actually be like 5th columnists in plain sight and cross the floor and vote against the government i.e. itself and it's military/conservative/royalist coalition or abstain on basically every vote. Is this actually possible?

My initial reaction on seeing the news was exactly like the majority of knee-jerk comments here.  However, after I read PTP proposals I started to form the same opinions as you wrote above. 

To further quote you: "This might actually be some magnificent political maneuver to oust the military once and for all. Absolutely intriguing politics this is on a grand scale. "

• Haha 2

Good morning Pita.

Welcome to the political turmoil called "power rules"... 

Your destiny has been carefully planned since the day people of Thailand voiced their preferred choice.

You will never have a chance to help Thailand "moving on"...

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

PT instruction manual.  Get into bed and have a one-night-stand with whomever you need to in order to win the PM.  Get elected PM by your one-night-stand.  Kick your one-night-stand out of bed and get back together with your main squeeze, MF.  Hope MF will have you back or you may find yourself impotent in the next election.

• Love It 1

Not really surprised.  Most of the old Red Shirt leadership of the past 1-2 decades have resigned as the Parties have changed direction.  The Pheu Thai Party now is not loner Red Shirt, but Yellow Shirt.

• Thumbs Up 2

This was the plan all along the PT are about to turn traitors on there supporters by getting into bed with the juntas parties and unelected senators I see the temperature about to explode with democracy now dead in Thailand Thaskin has no doubt done another dirty deal in order that he can return home . I expect MFP and any coalition that remain with them to vote against the PT 

44 minutes ago, OneZero said:

PS, in the land of coups, ousting the military once and for all may be too optimistic until a larger proportion of Thai society changes further.  Don't forget, as evidenced by this impasse, the following description is still applicable to a certain degree:

Thailand: A Feudal Patronage society masquerading as a Constitutional Monarchy

That sums it up very well

• Like 1