Shall I Move to Permanently to Thailand?

4 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Many of us live in Thailand because we want to live in Thailand, not because it is cheaper than elsewhere.

I wouldn't want to live anywhere only because it's cheaper.

No doubt this is true for you and I agree that it is the best reason to live in Thailand. But from what I hear from many people myself as well as what I read in this forum, many people live in Thailand because (they perceive) it's cheap.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, mstevens said:

No doubt this is true for you and I agree that it is the best reason to live in Thailand. But from what I hear from many people myself as well as what I read in this forum, many people live in Thailand because (they perceive) it's cheap.

most dont live here cause its "cheap", we live here cause of the quality of life you get for the money you spend
plus for me, the fact i can go to the beach and swim 330+ days/year  ????

Edited by zzzzz
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

Your $3.5k per month can give you an excellent life 12 month a year in Thailand – it's more than 100k baht a month – however, you'll might need a little more for 7/365 ad hoc sugar-babe dates, but far from $5k, if you don't permanently need exclusive hi-so VIP babes...????

8 hours ago, zzzzz said:

most dont live here cause its "cheap", we live here cause of the quality of life you get for the money you spend
plus for me, the fact i can go to the beach and swim 330+ days/year  ????

Agree, not necessary inexpensive, some things, but a very good value, for most things, especially large ticket items & mandatory monthly expensive, dependent where one hails from.

Along with anything that involves a bit of labor.

I like the lack of any real RE Taxes, and accessible and inexpensive healthcare vs silly USA prices.

That's a lot of extra money in the pocket.  Got an ECG yesterday, no referral or appointment needed, and the ECG itself cost ฿200.  Same ECG back in Philly, PA, USA, and price starts at ฿19,000 / $550 USD ????

Took all of 5 mins, and it's not exactly an expensive machine.

OP's lifestyle, if believable, would be considerably less expensive here.

11 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

How on earth does this thread belong in Visa forum.

Even in pub forum it's suspect.

Rather vulgar OP post.

Just one person's opinion. 

2 pages of rubbish..

Dr Jack you are a zero in forum manners as usual, but this time you hit the nail on the head.

• Thanks 1