Opinion Editorial: No, It Isn’t Time to Worry About RETIREMENT VISA Changes….Yet

webfact

I have been in Thailand on a OA Retirement Extension for almost 14 years. Many others like me

Are we responsible for letting the gangs into Thailand.

Perhaps if we were not here.

Perhaps the gangs would not be here.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

1 hour ago, TPI said:

So... none of you retirees are thinking that the photo requirements added to "copies of your home bank statement showing your income " for the last 12 months, so that they can see how you pay your B 65K a month into your Thai bank account means nothing???

Where is this "copies of your home bank statement showing your income " requirement applied putativelydiscussed?

I also think it is not beyond the realms of possibility that they demand "source of funds" similar to AMLO requirements to prove that they are (supposedly) not ill gotten gains and thus (supposedly) eliminate criminals applications. 

I seem to have read on these boards that some provincial Immigration Offices require evidence of source of the 65k.

They could accept only Government and large company pensions as some S American countries do.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, digger70 said:

There are many people with tattoos ,Just look at your Tv sports,  Boxers and MMA fighters,Snooker players , Movie stars and many more they are covered in INK.

Are you insinuating that people with Tattoos are criminals . you better look out ,one off those Tattoo covered Sportsman might jus Bump into you.

Go and have a look in prison, pretty much all have tattoos 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

Difficult for agents to differentiate between Olaf type criminals and retired pensioners.

Maybe time to get rid of people with tattoos

Indeed and besides tattoos also block cigarette smokers . There is a correlation these days.It's bad enough putting up with all these cigarette smoking locals. 

Edited by morrobay

9 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

Forget increasing financial limits that won't help at all, do a criminal record check instead

OA holders already have had to produce a criminal record check to get the visa.

Maybe it should be extended to "O" visa's too?

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

8 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

Difficult for agents to differentiate between Olaf type criminals and retired pensioners.

Maybe time to get rid of people with tattoos

You heartless bar steward...!!! ???? That'd be me out then! 

6 hours ago, Robin said:

Careful about asking for a 'Criminal Record Check'  as my experience of this (in UK) is that you have to apply in person at your local police station and not that quick or easy.   If this was required for every extension (yearly?) how many of us retires would want to go back to home country every year?

Are we sure hat every M/c gang member has a criminal record?

AS ever it would be far easier for criminals to get round this that ordinary citizens.

This is a good point. When I got my police check in the UK, the local police station said it would take up to 6 weeks....lucky I applied early......but surely ion you are residing in Thailand they would know if you had a criminal record in the prior year. 

Anyway I waited the 6 weeks....the I/O didn't even look at it.

• Haha 1

Plenty of good points here

But for over 10 years now the visas have been tightening, and many times the tighting has been cheered on by brain dead farangs, who are digging their own grave....

And all the new visas that have come out are terrible, not helpful at all....

So until this trend in visa tightening stops...The future is not looking so bright...

• Like 2

9 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

Forget increasing financial limits that won't help at all, do a criminal record check instead

I think you will also see a crackdown and possibly a need to be registered and approved for immigration companies.

• Confused 1