What % of farangs in Thailand are worth talking to?

bignok

3 minutes ago, Kwasaki said:

I've met up to 6 on TV/AN over the years, pleasant people don't know what think me though except 2 who I see every 6 months.

Never met anyone from AN, who I did know was on the AN and still do not know their knick names. 

You and me do not live to far from each other, and I frequently wisit your town passing by doing service on my bikes on my way up north. A nice pit stop

Just now, Lemsta69 said:

They're a good summation of the way you talk in here. You, and your alter ego @Sparktrader.

No it's just nonsense. I eat steak 3 times a week. Happy to drink wine, beer or spirits sometimes.

Visit museums, temples, restaurants, beaches.

What do you do? Nothing it seems.

• Love It 1

20 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

There are also lots of others who are not drunk and also don't make any sense. 

You may be right. It's difficult to make sense of Trumpers, climate deniers, anti-vaxxers, and flat earthers.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, scorecard said:

Then there's the foks who can't hold any intelligent conversation. 

Had to live in Pattaya for 2 years, got very tired of conversation (anywhere) about 'have you tried No: x from yyy bar yet. And/or they tried agin to trick me on the bar tab. All assuming that my sole activity id bar hopping. therefore no other conversation.

Boring.

I haven't bothered going to a bar for 7 or 8 years.

I know one guy whose sole topic of conversation is how many caddies he has screwed in the current month. Another who can only talk about his investments.

I actually get more varied discussion with my Thai GF, even though neither of us are fluent in the language of one another.

17 minutes ago, bignok said:

No it's just nonsense. I eat steak 3 times a week. Happy to drink wine, beer or spirits sometimes.

Visit museums, temples, restaurants, beaches.

What do you do? Nothing it seems.

In all fairness, it sounds like you do nothing.....but that's not an insult.... I'm jealous of your lifestyle.

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Hummin said:

Same here, 50% solo, 30% with wife and 20 with friends or groups

I service my bike myself and maintain it, found a great mechanic in Phayao through a AN friend who knows what his doing with my type of bike if it's something I don't like doing myself. 

My bikes one seater bike don't like riding with pillion passengers and the wife don't like and wouldn't go anywhere with me when I had my Versys before.

My friend here AN Kelboy works 6 months UK lives Thailand 6 months and we go on bike trips 2 to 6 days say every month.

2 other friends are coming in November want to do the Mae Hong Song loop.

When your up in Muang Kao again message me always great to talk with fellow bikers.