How much monthly salary should you pay for rescuing a bar girl?

Goat

22 hours ago, Goat said:

As we see many Farang White Knights like to rescue the bargirls from the bar and take them on as a girlfriend or wife.

hasn't it been always like that in LoS? 

Hint, if she wants to get rescued and cries the first time in bed before you undress, she is a professional and has still some White Knights corresponding via Western Union.

But the topic is easy:

My wife and myself have a Farm and from the income we generate, we take off a share for our "non Family" friends living with us.

The shares are distributed as we agreed all together:

13.500 and 21.000 per month for an old and a young couple.

15.000 for our house maid who is a Jack of all Trades working 15 -16 hrs/day

10.000 for my wife to support her father and some items for herself.

The biggest part of the profit goes back into the farm to expand and follow the business plan.

None of them would ask for more money, just because the farm throws more off as we calculated.

For all its more important to reach the next step. 

The above mentioned people prove that a "rescued Bar Girl" should be able to live on an average of 15K which supports her Family. If she cannot, bring her back where you found her... 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Goat said:

As we see many Farang White Knights like to rescue the bargirls from the bar and take them on as a girlfriend or wife.

The big difference between having a normal girlfriend and a bar girlfriend is mostly the new fella with a bargirl will want her to give up her job.

With a normal girl with a respectful job this does not need to happen.

A. Since she will now have a full time job 24/7 and not as much time off you should pay her more than she was getting before. She will in most cases be expected to do housework and help the farang with his day to day life and be a translator.

B. Since you are stopping her from earning you should pay her what she was getting previously.

C. She now has it easier in some ways so a minimum type wage will be sufficient.

D. Food, board and medical expenses is enough, and some cash to pay for her children from other fathers.

E. Let her stay at your place but give her nothing and let her keep working.

What is fair?

Why do you want to live with a prostitute? Would you do it in your own country?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

23 hours ago, Goat said:

As we see many Farang White Knights like to rescue the bargirls

You may find that she likes working the bar. 

I'd say most don't want rescuing. 

Meeting different, interesting guys, getting treated like a queen, lots of money daily from customers etc 

Edited by SAFETY FIRST
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, KhunLA said:

Not really, as it depends on one's self marketability.  

Some need to pay, some don't.  Yep, I'm all that, and a plate of somtam ????

Who paid for the house build and solar install?

I'm betting her contribution was ZERO cash that she earned or inherited.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, save the frogs said:

not cool to refer to them as "it". 

I don't even know how to refer to some people anymore. As an example:

The most common gender-neutral pronoun used by genderqueer and gender nonconforming people is “they/them/their,” but that doesn’t mean it’s the only option. Some people choose to use the gender-neutral pronouns “ze/hir/hirs” (pronounced “zee/here/heres”) or “ey/em/eir” (pronounced “ay/em/airs”), among others. There are lots of gender-neutral pronouns out there, and they can certainly get confusing. That’s where Google comes in handy!

And for the full summary of the dozens of fairly recent designations:

https://www.njit.edu/diversityprograms/lbgtq-terminology

29 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Who paid for the house build and solar install?

I'm betting her contribution was ZERO cash that she earned or inherited.

With her ability to own land, we .... we made enough of the previous 2 sales of house & lots, that the present house, solar & EV, were all from profits made from those 2 sales, and only because of her.

3M+ baht saved, so her contribution was as much, or more than mine.  As first house I paid for, only cost 800k.  She sold it for 1.4M, after doing much of the touch up to make it marketable.  She rolled that profit into 2nd house & land, with my contribution.

Sold them, and repaid me, per se, then used profits for our present home & car.

Without her, our oops fund, wouldn't look nearly as nice.  I / we, actually have much more liquid assets than I came here with, and saving more everyday because she is in my life.

Immeasurable contribution ... IMHO

• Haha 1

On 8/14/2023 at 10:54 AM, Goat said:

Did you make her stop working in the Patong tour company?

Most of the fellas who take on a bargirl dont want them working anymore. 

80,000 per month seems a bit high? She couldnt live on 30,000?

You mention 20,000 a month in Isaan they will line up , don’t pay more than 20,000 , they aren’t paying rent or food anymore 

16 hours ago, thailandsgreat said:

Why not "rescue" a shop girl instead?

Never quite understand this male ego thing....

Odds favor the 'shop girl' NOT being a virgin, which means she had sex because she was horny. Bargirls have sex to make money, maybe even to take care of family. A shop girl's salary doesn't always cover what a family might need, and anyone who's spent any amount of time in Thailand knows how strong filial piety is here. 10K baht/month is often not enough.

To me, it's an odd moral code that says "Horny = Good", "Money = Bad".

I'm not a virgin, and I was not in love with every woman with whom I slept. Sometimes it was a one night stand, because I was in the mood. I would hope any woman I happened to fall in love with would not care. So as not to be a hypocrite, I cannot dismiss a woman simply because she has had many partners, out of horny-ness or for want of money.  I understand being concerned about her activities after we build a relationship, but I suspect the shop girl is as likely to stray as the bargirl, or as me.

I think lots of guys claim 'morality', when the reality is they are insecure about their own masculinity and wonder if some bigger, better guy satisfied the woman they are with.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Walker88 said:

Never quite understand this male ego thing....

Odds favor the 'shop girl' NOT being a virgin, which means she had sex because she was horny. Bargirls have sex to make money, maybe even to take care of family. A shop girl's salary doesn't always cover what a family might need, and anyone who's spent any amount of time in Thailand knows how strong filial piety is here. 10K baht/month is often not enough.

Many "shop girls" rent their bits out for short time on Thaifreindly.

Much better than say a bargirl renting her bits out to bar punters !!!

7 hours ago, Ralf001 said:

As long as the girls are happy to come to my place and do the nasty for 1000b inc taxi.....

Care factor if there is a pimp - ZERO.

Those ones seem to ask for 1500+, which I'm guessing is 500 for bar fine, so maybe the pimp is the shady falang bar manager

3 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

Those ones seem to ask for 1500+, which I'm guessing is 500 for bar fine, so maybe the pimp is the shady falang bar manager

ahh ok, the one's in my price range must be authentic freelancers then.

22 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

Well, we are discussing bar girls. One can never, ever be too suspicious of their background. And the more you cover yourself, the better the chances of thriving and having a fulfilling life. In this regard, and in general.

LOL. Disagree 100%.

Chances of a lasting marriage are 50% or lower. It's all about luck. If I had to check up on someone before asking them to marry me I wouldn't marry them.

• Thanks 1

The thousand baht you pay a bar girl isn't for the sex. It is for them to leave. Payments for a relationship is still prostitution.  And for men that can't get a real girlfriend due to their age or looks . Those that can't find a decent woman back home have to pay for one here. And the thai girls take advantage of that as much as they can for as long as they can. 

6 hours ago, BritManToo said:

Never trust any woman and you won't have this problem (in Asia).

Only give her what you want to give her.

So many soft lads wanting to believe women!

You are a prime example to follow! Hero you are

2 minutes ago, BTB1977 said:

The thousand baht you pay a bar girl isn't for the sex. It is for them to leave. Payments for a relationship is still prostitution.  And for men that can't get a real girlfriend due to their age or looks . Those that can't find a decent woman back home have to pay for one here. And the thai girls take advantage of that as much as they can for as long as they can. 

No, its definately for sex.

The 1000 is for normal... any extra's cost more.

6 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

Link to farang bar managers or they don't exist. I never saw one. Perhaps you are talking about farang bar OWNERS.

BTW, last time I saw a pimp in LOS was in 1974. Perhaps you are thinking of the USA.

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Link to farang bar managers or they don't exist. I never saw one. Perhaps you are talking about farang bar OWNERS.

BTW, last time I saw a pimp in LOS was in 1974. Perhaps you are thinking of the USA.

Soi 6 has falang bar managers, Nightwish group for example. I recall a BM on the other Pattaya forum admitting he use to pimp girls on thaifriendly, writing their email replies to vulnerable farang

6 hours ago, pacovl46 said:

First expat in Thailand rule: Never, and I mean NEVER get into a relationship with a bargirl, leave alone marry one, because it will never be the love of your life and there’s a 99% chance that it will end badly. You’ll put all your feelings and your money into her, “my parents’ house needs a new roof and my sister’s car broke down and she needs it to get to work, but doesn’t have the money for the repair because she supports here three kids and her parents, every month is something else, bla bla bla” and in the end when it falls apart, like it was crystal clear it would, you’ll be left with a heartache, an empty bank account and with lots of bad blood, asking yourself how you could’ve been so <deleted> stupid despite everyone’s warning. Better send her back to the bar and try to find a normal girlfriend, you know, one that has a regular job and is able to support herself. . 

When you want a plumber, do you call an electrician? 

2 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

Soi 6 has falang bar managers, Nightwish group for example. I recall a BM on the other Pattaya forum admitting he use to pimp girls on thaifriendly, writing their email replies to vulnerable farang

I'll bow to your superior knowledge then. I never had a takeaway from Soi 6.

I never saw a farang bar manager anywhere I frequented.

6 hours ago, JensenZ said:

Please don't presume to speak for everyone. I'm sorry to hear you've had such a bad run - could you be the problem? I'm doing fine in a 20-year relationship. No complaints at all.

Since we are our own masters of our own realities, he got his reality to live with, we got our own. Simple as that. Im happy being delusional living with my best friend, and as long it lasts, thats the fact. Live today, not in the past!

On 8/14/2023 at 11:34 AM, Goat said:

The big difference between having a normal girlfriend and a bar girlfriend is mostly the new fella with a bargirl will want her to give up her job.

With a normal girl with a respectful job this does not need to happen.

A. Since she will now have a full time job 24/7 and not as much time off you should pay her more than she was getting before. She will in most cases be expected to do housework and help the farang with his day to day life and be a translator.

B. Since you are stopping her from earning you should pay her what she was getting previously.

C. She now has it easier in some ways so a minimum type wage will be sufficient.

D. Food, board and medical expenses is enough, and some cash to pay for her children from other fathers.

E. Let her stay at your place but give her nothing and let her keep working.

What is fair?

So really what you are saying is you're not clever enough to configure a simple poll here on AseanNow.

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Nightwish group has farang manager in each of its bars.

17 minutes ago, LaosLover said:

I say always overpay and hope for the best. $ is their love language.

I toss my maid 500 baht for a 400 baht job. I just her cleaning between the bristles of my electric tooth brush.

That's all? My maid tosses me.

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

Emails not used on TF... chat feature.

I suspect BM was telling porky pies.

• Like 1