Agent bank account and retirement - legit or...

3 minutes ago, Lemsta69 said:

So ALL agents do it that way? Yeah right. "My friend" just hands over his passport and ฿12,500 and Bob's your uncle. 

You're referring to 12 month extension, I'm referring to initial non-imm O + 12 month extension that requires 800k in bank for 2 months

I have no idea what's required for just 12 month extension 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, charleskerins said:

Legit refers to the one year extension-is it legit if so fine. Thanks for the dicktionary definition 

If you are talking about 'legitimacy' you will pay an agent 35k for the 1 year extension on your Non O without 800k in a Thai bank, not legit........ 

• Like 1

It was 30,000 7 years ago, so that price seems right for now.

And, anyone who believes this agent assistance process is going away are very naive as to how much money it generates.  Just about all the offices break/bend the rules as they please this is just another example.  Never say never, but there will Never be a cracked down on any of this people have been wrongly saying there will be forever. 

PS:  Make sure to ask and confirm the agent provides receipts generated by Immigration for all paid events.

Edited by bkk6060

24 minutes ago, Pattaya57 said:

How is in and out same day legit? It's needed in bank for 2 months prior to 12 month extension

Do you honestly think that immigration nationwide doesn't know about visa agents fixing things..........?   ????

Agents have been doing their thing for donkey's years, you can even find them on the Internet, immigration can find them on the Internet too......????

17 minutes ago, bkk6060 said:

And, anyone who believes this agent assistance process is going away are very naive as to how much money it generates.  Just about all the offices break/bend the rules as they please this is just another example.  Never say never, but there will Never be a cracked down on any of this people have been wrongly saying there will be forever. 

PS:  Make sure to ask and confirm the agent provides receipts generated by Immigration for all paid events.

It is/was being cracked down on at CW from what I have heard, although competing factions in a power struggle can often be the case, rather than an absolute crackdown. There is a risk your agents contacts could be on the wrong side of that.

Receipts are important - if someone is freelancing outside the system you could have your extension or whatever revoked. Freelance is what gets busted, I have never heard of 'the system' being busted.

As a general observation not aimed at the post I highlighted, it is truly amazing how whenever there is post on agents there are scores of people posting who clearly know noting about it and even go as far as "correcting" the handful that do.

Edited by mokwit

14 minutes ago, bkk6060 said:

Thank you 

2 minutes ago, transam said:

Do you honestly think that immigration nationwide doesn't know about visa agents fixing things..........?   ????

Agents have been doing their thing for donkey's years, you can even find them on the Internet, immigration can find them on the Internet too......????

Well the sooner banned the better. 800k used to be retirement money to live on at 65k per month, now you can't touch any of the 800k for 5 months of the year and can't drop below 400k the other 7 months. All to prevent people having fake money in bank, go figure as agents carry on

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Pattaya57 said:

Well the sooner banned the better. 800k used to be retirement money to live on at 65k per month, now you can't touch any of the 800k for 5 months of the year and can't drop below 400k the other 7 months. All to prevent people having fake money in bank, go figure as agents carry on

"Sooner banned the better".......????

Why should you worry who does what if it doesn't affect what you do.........?

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

11 minutes ago, transam said:

Not only that, agents and lawyers are in Immigration daily doing the same thing, plus don't even need an agent can do direct with Immigration. People like Pattaya57 are quite naive

Edited by scubascuba3
  • Love It 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

14 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

You don't understand the process for obtaining extensions retirement.

800k is required two 2 months prior and 3 months after application and not below 400k in other months.

In your situation you use an agent.

Hence you need an agent for your second extension as you have not met the financial requirements.

So when I return to America and deposit the 800k thb in my Bangkok bank account and leave it in the account I will still

need an agent for the second year renewal???

16 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

You don't understand the process for obtaining extensions retirement.

800k is required two 2 months prior and 3 months after application and not below 400k in other months.

In your situation you use an agent.

Hence you need an agent for your second extension as you have not met the financial requirements.

2 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

Not only that, agents and lawyers are in Immigration daily doing the same thing, plus don't even need an agent can do direct with Immigration. People like Pattaya57 are quite naive

That would be better cut out the middle man

1 hour ago, Pattaya57 said:

Time people realised the agent doesn't deposit 800k in bank and then draw it out anymore. Bangkok Bank takes a bribe to issue a false letter stating 800k in bank for 3 months. So not immigration fraud, but bank fraud

Yes I wondered about that.

1 hour ago, FritsSikkink said:

If you don't have the money in the bank it isn't legit as you will be bribing an immigration officer.

The money that is required by Immigration will be in his bank account, that, and the IO's permitted discretion, makes it "legit".

The OP will not be bribing anyone, he is paying an agent the agent's fee.

3 minutes ago, charleskerins said:

So when I return to America and deposit the 800k thb in my Bangkok bank account and leave it in the account I will still

need an agent for the second year renewal???

Yes, need to comply with financials from the date you applied before, so circ 13 months

1 hour ago, charleskerins said:

Legit means legal and doable where I come from. The agent offered me two options- one open bank account and reentry for 8000 the in which case I would have to go back to America and transfer the 800000 thb. Then I would have to go to immigration with the proof on reentry (therefore needing a new visa) other option was everything done in one day and I have one year visa. I prefer to pay the money and be done with the hassle. For those posters helping me with intelligent insight - thanks. 

Using the agent will get you a legit visa/extension issued by a legit Immigration Officer.

1 minute ago, Liverpool Lou said:

The money that is required by Immigration will be in his bank account, that, and the IO's permitted discretion, makes it "legit".

I call BS, 3 of my friends used an agent and no money was transferred to their account. Bangkok Bank did issue a letter saying 800k baht in bank for 3 months though so immigration stamped as they met financial requirements

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Pattaya57 said:

It does effect what I do. Because of agents using fake money to get visa they introduced rules that require 800k in bank for 2 months prior to application + 3 months after.  But only people not using an agent have to do this

So what, you could use an agent..............

But if you have the cash, it's no problem, is it, and remember, immigration, the law, could get rid of the agents, but they haven't........????

4 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Using the agent will get you a legit visa/extension issued by a legit Immigration Officer.

If via a bride by corruption, if from a province you do not live in definitely illegal. If they ever decide to look at past bank book deposit history when extensions were issued that will be interesting!

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, FritsSikkink said:

It is doable but not legal.

The visa/extension issued by an IO will be a legitimate visa/extension...unless, of course, you can indicate any case of an agent-assisted extension as is being discussed here being revoked as illegal in say, the last 30 years?   Got one?  

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

IOs have official discretion when it comes to deciding which applications are approved and on what basis.

So as in the OP, the agent receives 35000 baht and his take is less the 1900 baht the Immigration officer receives for exercising his discretion as on page 38 of the Immigration Act:

(3) Application for extension of temporary stay in the Kingdom
under Section 35, per person, each time 2,000 baht 

http://web.krisdika.go.th/data/outsitedata/outsite21/file/Immigration_Act_B.E._2522.pdf

• Confused 1

10 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

I like your  line of reasoning LL

• Like 1