A lifesaver’s plunge in Pattaya pool becomes his last

snoop1130

man-drowning.jpg

A condominium technician unervingly drowned in the same swimming pool where he tried to save the life of a tourist in the heart of Pattaya.

The incident occurred at 1am today when the Sawang Boriboon Thammasathan Rescue Center in Pattaya, received a distress call from a condo in Nong Prue Subdistrict, Bang Lamung District, Chon Buri province. The call reported that an individual, identified as Uthit, believed to be between 40 and 45 years old, and a technician at the condo, had been found in a distressing condition in the swimming pool.

Rescue workers were on the scene to assist the casualty, offering preliminary first aid and heart-pumping efforts to resuscitate him, before promptly transporting the dead man to the nearest hospital.

Simultaneously, a group of friends represented a mournful scene surrounding the pool, shedding tears over the unfortunate incident and praying for their dear friend.

By Samantha Rose

Caption: Image via Carletonville Herald

Full Story: https://thethaiger.com/news/national/heartbreaking-fate-condo-technician-drowns-in-same-pool-where-he-tried-to-save-a-tourist

-- Thaiger 2023-08-17

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

• Confused 2
  • Sad 2

55 minutes ago, 2long said:

What does unervingly mean?

Missing an 'n' but ...
/ʌnˈnɝː.vɪŋ.li/ in a way that makes you feel less confident and slightly frightened: The gunfire is unnervingly close at times. He sees an actor who looks unnervingly like him.

1 hour ago, KannikaP said:

So what happened to the guy he was trying to save, at 1am? 

I guess, this happened on another day. Sad that no-one saw him at 1 a.m., if this is when he drowned. I personally pulled out a guy a few months ago in one of Pattaya Beach's swimminng areas, who survived, even though he had been at least for 20 min. with the head under water, possibly even much longer, as no-one saw what happened. So, if the guy in the OP had been found earlier, perhaps he could have survived too. 1 a.m., strange time for a swim...

Edited by StayinThailand2much
  • Love It 1

41 minutes ago, StayinThailand2much said:

I guess, this happened on another day. Sad that no-one saw him at 1 a.m., if this is when he drowned. I personally pulled out a guy a few months ago in one of Pattaya Beach's swimminng areas, who survived, even though he had been at least for 20 min. with the head under water, possibly even much longer, as no-one saw what happened. So, if the guy in the OP had been found earlier, perhaps he could have survived too. 1 a.m., strange time for a swim...

From the linked article.

From recounts by the group, it was established that Uthit had wandered off to use a bathroom located near the pool during a birthday celebration. His prolonged absence raised concerns among them. Adding to their worry, a condo resident suggested a check around the swimming pool. Unable to locate Uthit, they were left shell-shocked to discover his body submerged in the pool and immediately called for help.

47 minutes ago, BangkokReady said:

Even without the typo it's still really bad writing.  When would any drowning not take place in an unnerving manner?  Are there reassuring drownings?  It's really a meaningless addition to the sentence.

Yeah, I was going to make a joke that he didn't panic while drowning. he remained, calm, cool, and collected. But it's not appropriate to make jokes when someone has just died. Still, the title is silly. And the photo is ridiculous too. 

• Sad 1
  • Love It 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

14 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Rescue workers were on the scene to assist the casualty, offering preliminary first aid and heart-pumping efforts to resuscitate him, before promptly transporting the dead man to the nearest hospital.

Blimey, if I'm ever in need of help and first aid, I hope I don't get these bozos, lol!

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, observer90210 said:

On a different note, always safer to have a pool within foot reach and the head out of the water.

Obviously other factors like height, kids around,.. etc come into account.

A lot of pools in Indonesia are only about 1.5m deep as it is often the local staff who fall in and get into trouble.

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Guderian said:

Blimey, if I'm ever in need of help and first aid, I hope I don't get these bozos, lol!

You might be lucky  to get them., although more familiar calling them to get rid of snakes!

It's a point.. who is it best to call... them or a hospital ambulance or who?