Yank Woman Wants Free Drinks In Melbourne

LaosLover

31 minutes ago, LaosLover said:

I wasn't good enough for brunch with her media-friends

So, they each in turn, make toasts as an unspoken challenge to see who is the most clever... which is also the only point of conversation for all of them...

and if there are 10 of them, 2 skip out on the bill entirely, 2 are too important to pay and you should be honored that they are there, 1 is a total alcoholic wino - he chugs his glass of wine, pours himself a new glass every 2 minutes but tops off everyone else's sips as he keeps ordering bottle after bottle, and the rest of you struggle to pay the bill and the waitress gets pissed as there is really nothing leftover for a tip... 

I don't think you missed much... how would I know... shhhhh... 

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

From the article.

'At first, I felt like I was so ugly, and I couldn't understand why lots of men weren't approaching me.' 

Considering she is nothing more than average, one wonders if American men are just desperate.

American men ARE desperate. American women have let themselves go so badly there are hardly any good looking girls left, and the lookers get snatched off the market right away.

I remember the year the Miss Universe winner had come from Dominican Republic. I was spending a lot of time mongering up in Sosua/Puerta Plata where a "Miss Universe" walked by every minute or so. They had bred the ugly right out of them. Just the opposite in the US. Spoiled, fat, entitled, lazy, and the men have had to lower their standards to below sea level just to get ANY num nums.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I have a fun story in relation to "the industry", from one of my trips to Cuba. On the last night of my trip I finally got with this spectacular eighteen-year-old who I had been oogling the entire trip. She literally would not give me the time of day, prior to that. I was at the door talking to the guy that was running this little bar where she was hanging out. I had chatted with him a few times (as my Spanish is pretty good) and he was a cool guy. I could look in the window and see her sitting there and the guy asks me what are you looking at, and I said I have had the hots for that gal, (pointing to her) for the entire two weeks I've been here. He says oh that's Julia, she's a good friend of mine. I said wow and he said do you want to get with her? I said are you kidding me, yes I would love to, and he said let me talk to her for a minute, then comes back a few minutes later he said yes she'll get with you but she wants $60. At that time that seemed like a lot of money, as it was three times the going rate, but I felt it was worth it!

I took her back to this sweet, large apartment I was renting for my two week stay, in the best section of town (Miramar), and I had the time of my life with this stunning super model type. I used to bring duffel bags full of lingerie, bras and panties, as they were nearly impossible to find there, and cost $40-100 each in Cuba. My women friends in LA, most of whom are very successful, would donate them to the cause of "helping poor Cuban women", as well as aspirin, vitamins, and other things I would bring to help out on my "charity trips". Talk about a scam. The typical salary at that time was $40 a month.

She literally lost her mind, when I showed some of these gorgeous bras and panties to her, as all of them had been barely ever worn, and she proceeded to do a super erotic fashion show for me. She stayed all night and she was exquisite. She got some lingerie bonus prizes! It was maybe equivalent to six months salary for her. 

I was dating a gal in Los Angeles at the time and I had a date set up for her for the night after I came home. We had dinner at a nice place, it was the third date, we hadn't even kissed yet, and she was kind of hinting that she needed some money for rent. She was pretty, not gorgeous, and was in her late twenties and I was already 50-ish, so there was an age disparity which in America is a big deal. So, the expectation of some sort of sponsorship thing is common in cities like LA, if the guy is alot older, and the woman is young and fine enough. Anyway she kind of hinted at needing assistance and that I would get what I wanted if I was willing to help her out. So I kind of played along with it and at one point I said , so what is the extent of your need this month, and she said she was about $1,100 short on rent. Ha! It was near the end of the month. So I glossed over it, and deftly moved on to the next subject. For the next 15 minutes she was very anxious, she tried to steer the conversation back and finally I looked at her and I said, I'll help you out no problem. And I then I changed the conversation again. She was getting very anxious and finally she said okay, okay what about that thing we were talking about before, what can you do to help me? She could not bring herself to mention the topic of money, as that would reveal her as being a clandestine hooker. So, she had to dance in circles. I said no problem I'll give you a 60, she said what do you mean 60, 60 what? I said $60. She asked what am I supposed to do with $60. What makes you think that is an appropriate thing to offer?

I said look, all I know is that last night I was in Havana, and I spent all night with a woman ten years younger than you and 30 times more beautiful, and that's what I paid. The look on her face was precious. I asked her, what on earth makes you think you're worth any more than that? The best she could do was to say that was Havana, and this is LA! I said no big deal for me. Means next to nothing to me, after being with her!

Needless to say it was our last date, but that was worth it, to see the look on her face, it was priceless. And she was long overdue for someone telling her like it is! You are not a civilian. You are a hooker!

• Sad 1
  • Love It 1
  • Haha 1

It's more of a stupid boomer thing to pay for everything. She's a late arrival to gravy train. And then trying it in Oz -did she not spend a single moment reading up on the cultural folkways of her new home?

I'm surprised they didn't just tell her to throw another shrimp on the barbie, as code for FO.

I have encountered many just like this one when I was in the dating pool in Southern California during the 1990’s and 2000’s.  The other kind I encountered were the feminist/equality type who got offended when a man would approach her and offer buy them a drink. “What, you don’t think I can’t afford to pay for my own drink”?????  

Dating in American is like “catch 22”.  I have never been married and had little desire for it.  

12 minutes ago, sqwakvfr said:

“What, you don’t think I can’t afford to pay for my own drink”?????  

Dating in American is like “catch 22”.  I have never been married and had little desire for it.  

She wasn't attracted to you. If she liked your looks, she'd have taken your drink.

A lot of time, women will prefer to make you a villain instead of rendering the brutal verdict: you're ugly.

1 hour ago, LaosLover said:

When was the last time you bought a non-pro woman a drink in a bar? Might you ever do so again? What's the most egregious ask you've ever had from a woman?

Can't remember, and very rare for me to buy a stranger a drink.  Though have done, maybe 3 times in my lifetime.  I really don't want to talk to someone (USA) who won't pay for their own drinks.  Worse thing one could do is ask me to ... bye bye.

Buying a working gal ... never, although I have given them money for chit chatting with me at bars here in TH.  Anything is worth it, to avoid talking to a tourist or expat at a bar ????

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, LaosLover said:

She wasn't attracted to you. If she liked your looks, she'd have taken your drink.

A lot of time, women will prefer to make you a villain instead of rendering the brutal verdict: you're ugly.

Thank you.  It’s amazing that you knew what I looked like when I was in my 30’s and 40’s.  

1 hour ago, dingdongrb said:

Doesn't everyone know that Aussie men only like men?

Funny. When I travelled to Oz for the first time and visited a beach suburb, I was surrounded by girls. It seems they go out separately from the men. They were asking if there were more like me in my group(it was just me). 
Similarly when on an island here, I made the ‘mistake’ of buying a round of Tequila for a group of Aussie girls ???? They then each insisted on buying a round in return, getting me decidedly giddy and then one dragged me off to the beach for a closer inspection ????

2 hours ago, LaosLover said:

An OK-ish looking American woman on Tik Tok (of course) is unhappy that Oz'ers aren't lining up in pubs to buy her drinks. In the past, she'd go to bars in the states without cash or a credit card and scam drinks (her words).

When was the last time you bought a non-pro woman a drink in a bar? Might you ever do so again? What's the most egregious ask you've ever had from a woman?

Me: A woman dumped me because I wasn't good enough for brunch with her media-friends (she said: "not smart enough"). But then she asked me if I wanted to buy her a $500 coat. Because friends help friends out.

I asked her if she'd be helping me move. Because friends help friends out.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/relationships/article-12337939/American-Melbourne-Australias-dating-culture-ugly-defeated.html#comments

I think it says enough that every one of her pictures and videos has a filter applied. Just a nonsense person and a nonsense article. 

55 minutes ago, sqwakvfr said:

Thank you.  It’s amazing that you knew what I looked like when I was in my 30’s and 40’s.  

It's called a little jokey banter.

I can see why you couldn't get arrested in a bar with your sniffy butt hurt attitude. Me? No oil painting either.

3 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

One of my female nurse colleagues used to boast how she and her friends could go to the pub, get free drinks all night and then just walk away from the guys that were expecting something in return.

I've never bought a female I didn't know a drink in a bar ( not counting Thai girl bars ). Far as I'm concerned it's a form of prostitution- sex in return for drinks, meals or movies. I didn't play that silly game.

Can play that 2 ways.

When I was muchyounger a couple of buddies went to discos, looked for drinks still full/haldffull and walked past grabbing the glass and disappeared into the crowd. 

Bragged often they had a great night, many drinks and some snacks, all free. 

55 minutes ago, LaosLover said:

It's called a little jokey banter.

I can see why you couldn't get arrested in a bar with your sniffy butt hurt attitude. Me? No oil painting either.

Sarcasm. Some get it, some don’t Do you really think I was being serious in my reply?   You started it.  I made a general comment that was not directed at anyone.  I do not know who or what your are so I do not know whether it was “jokey banter” or not.  If this is :”sniffy butt hurt attitude” to you then so be ti.  I would not disagree with your opinion.  

Edited by sqwakvfr

2 hours ago, LaosLover said:

• Haha 1

She could hang out in meat market/pickup bars with Steve Stunning types. Still it's a big stretch to assume these places represent mainstream bar culture in the US, let alone a foreign country. Used to be in the work hard, party hard, set during the 90's. This was most definitely not the norm. You ply them with alcohol, scuse, buy them a drink, after you are chatting them up, and believe the odds in your favor.  

However as this is from a UK tabloid article, via a TikToker VID, it has to have a hook, (clickbait) in it or you wouldn't bother. Plus it's an article they feel will dovetail to their target audiences deeply held beliefs & prejudices. Gnarf. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, HappyExpat57 said:

American men ARE desperate. American women have let themselves go so badly there are hardly any good looking girls left, and the lookers get snatched off the market right away.

I remember the year the Miss Universe winner had come from Dominican Republic. I was spending a lot of time mongering up in Sosua/Puerta Plata where a "Miss Universe" walked by every minute or so. They had bred the ugly right out of them. Just the opposite in the US. Spoiled, fat, entitled, lazy, and the men have had to lower their standards to below sea level just to get ANY num nums.

I like when some assume things from knowing two or three Americans. I lived there 62 years and knew thousands of men and women. The friends I had all had good looking women. In all my life I've never had anything but a pretty woman. None fat, some around 140 lbs, which isn't fat when they're 5'7" and exercisers. Most were 100-125 lbs. None of my friends nor I were desperate. There are hundreds of thousands of pretty women in America. Granted, a lot are narcissists or greedy, but not all. Obesity isn't just an American thing. In fact, there are quite a few countries that are ahead of the US as far as obesity percentages, and Thailand's catching up every year. You have to live in a country, and get around quite a bit for a few years to make any judgements like that. Visiting vacation spots doesn't help Just like here. A man goes to Pattaya or Phuket and sees slim, pretty women everywhere. You go into Isaan and the big ones outnumber the slim ones. Hardly any good looking girls left?

4 hours ago, dingdongrb said:

Doesn't everyone know that Aussie men only like men?

I suggest you walk into any rural pub in Australia, and broadcast that statement. Wear body armor and a helmet when you do.

• Thumbs Up 1