Thailand aims to be top Muslim tourism destination within 5 years

webfact

3 minutes ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

Not sure why the UK is bending over backwards to accommodate them? Will ONLY result in civil unrest, and perhaps worse. 

I think the Labour party thought that they could replicate the structure of the Union vote - meet with a few key individuals (imams) who would then tell their underlings how to vote.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, mokwit said:

I think the Labour party thought that they could replicate the structure of the Union vote - meet with a few key individuals (imams) who would then tell their underlings how to vote.

They came from places and cultures where democracy and rights are an anathema.

22 minutes ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

They came from places and cultures where democracy and rights are an anathema.

Don't see how that is relevant. The Imam tells them how to vote after telling Labour what they want - how do you think we got Shariah courts? Blair probably blanched at that one.

41 minutes ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

That was the army while Thaksin was PM. 

He didn’t give the orders or supervise that debacle, the generals did. 

Certainly a blot on the copybook in any case. 

Correct, not his doing but did S F A to those responsible, so by default he is /was no better. 

12 hours ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

The Crusades began as a direct pushback into Islamic expansion into the Holy Land and Southern Europe. 

No country in their right mind would tolerate their antiquated views and religious dogma.

Not sure why the UK is bending over backwards to accommodate them? Will ONLY result in civil unrest, and perhaps worse. 

Yeah, Europe was really a beacon of freedom and tolerance in the Middle Ages when the Crusades began.

17 hours ago, scottiejohn said:

Where would he/they get the data from?

It is not asked for on the TM6 or hotel registrations and religion is not based on country of passport holder!

Of course, that is my point exactly.  There is no way to gather statisically accurate data regarding the religion of visitors to Thailand.  But the TAT likes to use anecdotal evidence because then it avoids accountability.  

Oh...and that reminds me.....@Goat I am still waiting for your link to the statistically accurate data on the religion of each visitor to Thailand.

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

The Crusades began as a direct pushback into Islamic expansion into the Holy Land and Southern Europe. 

No country in their right mind would tolerate their antiquated views and religious dogma.

UK has inverted population pyramid with rapidly aging population.

The government just needs bums on seats to pay taxes to support the welfare system.  They do not care what religion the new bums are or the damage that is inflicted upon the fabric of a society.

I went to visit a friend in "The Village" on Third rd. he was'nt home,  but his neighbor, ( a Muslim) had a goat tied to the fence. I returned later  to find the road  outside   the house covered in blood, the Muslims  there had just slaughtered the goat by cutting its throat in the street.....The Soi dogs were scarce..

Edited by actonion

Tough to understand the draw Thailand has for Muslims. Maybe it's the medical facilities? Certainly when I go to Bumrungrad for my Work Permit Medical Certificate, I think I'm in Riyadh.

It isn't as if they are all coming for:

---the moo ka ta

---the temples (haram alaykum for stepping foot inside one)

---the agogos (at least the women)

---shopping (Dubai is much cheaper)

Strict Muslims do not even consider Buddhists to be full human beings, as they are not 'of the book' (Jews and Christians theoretically have the same deity, but just fail to understand said deity sent His Last and Final Prophet, Peace Be Upon Him, Accept No Substitutes).

I feel a certain sadness when I see Muslim families walking about, their young girls in party dresses and seemingly happy and carefree, though who will, as soon as they menstruate, spend the rest of their Earthly iteration dressed like giant eggplants, even being subject to a 4-wife marriage if hubby so chooses.

I do not care for any religion, and certainly in 2023 it's high time to put aside all superstitions, but as Sam Harris says, some superstitions are worse than others.

Eh lan wa seh lan to Thailand !

• Sad 1