Scb ATMs disappearing in Pattaya?

mell

What has happened to all the scb ATMs in pattaya.every time I go to visit one to withdraw cash it's gone.you could now count them on one hand.especially on soi bou Khao. All other banks have loads of ATMs spread out everywhere.

1 minute ago, mell said:

What has happened to all the scb ATMs in pattaya.every time I go to visit one to withdraw cash it's gone.you could now count them on one hand.especially on soi bou Khao. All other banks have loads of ATMs spread out everywhere.

1. Yes, they are reducing them, ATM management is very expensive, but still plenty available. 

2. Most people don't use cash anymore,  phone payments even on small food carts is much easier for both parties involved. 

3. You can use all other bank's ATMs, 5 withdrawals per month are free

Sounds like a nothingburger to me

• Confused 5

8 minutes ago, Swiss1960 said:

2. Most people don't use cash anymore,  phone payments even on small food carts is much easier for both parties involved. 

Are you serious, cash is very much still in use in bars/restaurants but you say no cash required at food carts?

I can't even use my Krungsri Debit Card at 7/11 as they say Credit Card only 

Edited by Pattaya57
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

23 minutes ago, Swiss1960 said:

1. Yes, they are reducing them, ATM management is very expensive, but still plenty available. 

3. You can use all other bank's ATMs, 5 withdrawals per month are free

Sounds like a nothingburger to me

A friend was talking to the manager of a Krung Thai branch in Phuket last Friday.  They are reducing the number of ATMs nationwide and especially in resort areas.  He told her resort area ATMs are damaged far more often than non-resort areas.  Tourists get frustrated when their home bank won't perform a transaction on a local ATM and punish the ATM.  

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

30 minutes ago, dddave said:

They are reducing the number of ATMs nationwide

And not only SCB or Krungthai.

There is massive cost cutting going on nationwide.

Removing ATMs, closing micro branches, closing full service branches.

Bangkok Bank closed the micro branche at our district, closed at BigC Udon, etc.etc.

Just look at Kasikorn Pattaya.

2009 opened account at Royal Garden. Gone.

Move to Avenue. Gone.

Move to Central.

South Pattaya branch near Tukcom closed.

Branch on Soi Buakhao is now a beer bar complex.

Edited by KhunBENQ
  • Like 2

29 minutes ago, dddave said:

A friend was talking to the manager of a Krung Thai branch in Phuket last Friday.  They are reducing the number of ATMs nationwide and especially in resort areas.  He told her resort area ATMs are damaged far more often than non-resort areas.  Tourists get frustrated when their home bank won't perform a transaction on a local ATM and punish the ATM.  

Is the bank manager a relative of Health Minister Noo by any chance?

23 minutes ago, Henryford said:

I use nothing but cash, even when buying a bike or car.

Wrong, many people still do use cash, up country villages that used to have an ATM allowed people to draw cash locally, the small family shops there all work on cash, 5B, 10B sales etc. Now they have to travel to the closest city ATM and end up buying there in big shops. Small shops in crisis, but the Banks are only interested in $$$$$$. So go ahead and use the China method of tracking its people, know where and when and how much they spend. Big brother is watching.  

• Like 2

15 hours ago, mell said:

What has happened to all the scb ATMs in pattaya

Many years ago, I used to use the SCB ATM's anywhere in Pattaya. Then I was informed by SCB that my ATM card had been suspended as it had been hacked when I used it at an SCB ATM outside a 7-eleven on Second Road Soi 17. Some might think it's the bank's fault for not providing better anti-phishing security on their ATM's, but no, as usual nowadays, the customer is always wrong and it was my fault and I had to pay for a new card. Since then I only use ATM's at SCB branches or inside shopping malls, never anything outside a convenience store, so as far as I'm concerned they can close the lot of them if they don't have adequate security to prevent phishing.

20 hours ago, Guderian said:

so as far as I'm concerned they can close the lot of them if they don't have adequate security to prevent phishing.

There is one or two in front of every 7-11 in my village and many would struggle without them. We had one at The Shell Station but that vanished one day, not sure if removed by the bank or dragged down highway 36 by a random pickup.