Thaksin helicoptered to Police Hospital at 3am after feeling ill says Department of Corrections

webfact

2 hours ago, bamnutsak said:

He looked chipper on the G650 yesterday.

It would be better if they just skipped to the end part where he is Pardoned, but banned from Politics for at least 10 years.

230822103104-thaksin-shinawatra-plane-0822.jpg

This must have been early in the flight. He still has the B130,000,000 watch on.

Perhaps switching to the B8,000 plastic Swatch watch has caused all the problems to flare up, allergy to plastic?????????

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

Paid off the IMF loan two years early.

Universal healthcare.

Infrastructure projects.

High speed internet.

Micro loans to farmers.

I could keep going and going, but nah, he closed the pubs at 2am and made visas for sexpats more difficult to get is what is important. 

He did a lot of decent stuff while in office. Not that I have to like the man in any way shape or form. 

Good points.

Always reminds me- nobody talks about the good things accomplished by Hitler.

• Sad 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, JeffersLos said:

First to hospital.

Then to home?

To serve his sentence there, under medical and corrections supervision, of course?

And with chefs and maids.

And being at home no doubt some arangements so that he can play with his grandchildren.

NO FORGET THE ABOVE, THAT WAS STATED REPEATEDLY, BUT THERE'S NO DOUBT THAT WAS JUST A BYLINE TO GENERATE SOME UNDESERVED SYMPATHY. 

36 minutes ago, scorecard said:

Sure:

Step 1: Sentenced after a '5 minute' hearing to 8 years in jail, registered into klong prem...

Step 2: Less than 24 hrs, sick, helicopter ride to outside hospital...

Step 3: ??? perhaps admitted to a VIP room...

Sure it's a plan.

Or change to home detention.

It's just a game. 

2 hours ago, retarius said:

First on the agenda for Srettha is to get Mr Thaksin out of jail. He is too sick to be in there. He should be at home with his family. 

The old git probably has at least 20 more years ahead of him with nothing but the finest of everything

Surprise, surprise !

Some readers here are so disappointed that a convicted criminal, Taksin - 74 years old -, was flown by a helicopter to a hospital after a long time of 15 years in "exile".

Their main argument: he has been convicted here in Thailand by the military controlled "justice" in 2006..

The ridiculous thing:

the military under Prayut made a putsch, an elementary crime in every normal state. Normal justice could not be fulfilled. That means the military putsch-dictator had not to stand for a trial for being convicted.

And that's the ridiculous, but serious result. CIVILIANS  ARE PUNISHED, CRIMALS OF THE MILITARY not:

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

Prisoners I have seen in Govt hospitals wear leg irons, wich they have to hold of the ground while shuffling along, skinny and hungry. I witnessed a lady ask their guard if it was ok to buy them a meal, he allowed it and about 12 just woofed it down. Those in a bed were handcuffed to the bed.  Just saying.

2 hours ago, 1happykamper said:

How do these Thai have so much money? Lottery winnings? Rice field sale? Or the other more obvious way... corruption. 

Thaksin's accumulation of wealth is well documented.

Some good business deals, some dodgy deals - some outright corrupt. Must have Chinese good fortune as he made a shed load when selling Manchester City (after being deemed by the FA to be an unsuitable owner).

"Thaksin, who made a £120m profit by selling City, may now try to sell his remaining 10% stake in the club as tries to build a new life – he is reported to be building a £5.5m property in China – and fight Thailand's extradition procedures"

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2009/feb/10/manchester-city-thaksin-sacked

• Like 1

3 hours ago, impulse said:

The thick plottens...

I find it odd that Thaksin has spent 15 years in exile without too many medical problems with the best medical cover and hospitals. Yet less than 24 hours after arriving in Thailand, the Thai police doctors have found 4 previously not known health problems. He was airlifted from the medical wing of Bangkok’s Remand Prison early on Wednesday morning to Police General Hospital in Bangkok after becoming ill just 12 hours after being admitted to the medical wing of Bangkok’s Remand Prison on Tuesday.

Nah. Even this current coup caretaker couldn't be that blatant or that stupid, could they?

I am off to find my tinfoil conspiracy hat.

• Haha 1

They’re insulting public’s intelligence with brazen display of what seems to be pre-arranged plot or maybe such bad actors/planners. Arrive same day as his party winning premiership? Taken to hospital same day after arrival? At least wait a few days to make it a little more plausible. Then again they know average Thais either don’t get it or they can’t do anything about it. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, scorecard said:

And many rejoice that a serious threat to Thailand's stability, development and transition to a real democracy has been removed.

But many more will not.

The Thai military has been the most serious threat to Thailand's stability and development since 1932.

Until this malignant cancer is permanently removed from the Thai society, there will NEVER be a real democracy in Thailand.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, impulse said:

I doubt that the death of any other prisoner, ever, would bring millions of angry supporters onto the streets to protest.

They can't afford to let him die.  Yet.  And they certainly can't appear complicit (by commission or omission) in bringing about his death.

They did the smart thing.

The coup caretaker government NEVER do the smart thing. They haven't since 2014 so why expect them to change now?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, scorecard said:

Point taken. On the other hand his total departure from this life would ultimately be a positive.

Only if he died and it was proven to be natural causes. Any other reasons given by a deceitful lying government spokesperson will not be acceptable to many many Thai people.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1