Thaksin helicoptered to Police Hospital at 3am after feeling ill says Department of Corrections

webfact

5 hours ago, Tropicalevo said:

Good luck Thaksin.

A friend of mine was taken there when he had been shot.

He died after being there for 9 hours.

When I went to collect his body and pay the bill, it was only for bandages.

No surgery, no doctors fees. etc.

He had been left to slowly die on a trolley in a corridor.

Yeah, right.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

He wasn't being treated for a stomach bug.  Why should an upset stomach require helicoptoring to the Police Hospital?

Because he gave a million dollar watch to Prawit?

• Confused 1

5 hours ago, brianthainess said:

So he can wear his own clothes, and not have to get a haircut, I wonder what other inmates feel about that.

Prisoners do wear their own clothes (within a stated type) while inside, the brown shirts and shorts that are seen being worn are only required when outside of the prison, usually for court appearances.   The haircut only applies on first admittance, after that they leave you alone but most people are happy to be trimmed in the prison's barber shop subsequently.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

He wasn't being treated for a stomach bug.  Why should an upset stomach require helicoptoring to the Police Hospital?

Why should an upset stomach require helicoptoring to the Police Hospital?

Don't know, but I also don't know why difficulty sleeping, suffering unease and suffering from high blood pressure would warrant an airlift.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

5 hours ago, ChipButty said:

was he stripped searched on arrival at the jail? I would love to see where he is staying in jail, I am told they have special suites in there, 

Yes, the Ritz Carlton run an Annex there, with an onsite chef, and fluffers

• Sad 3
  • Love It 1

3 minutes ago, Bert got kinky said:

Why should an upset stomach require helicoptoring to the Police Hospital?

Don't know, but I also don't know why difficulty sleeping, suffering unease and suffering from high blood pressure would warrant an airlift.

You conveniently omitted to mention the heart and lung disease complications that were, allegedly, part of it.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

If you are worth billions of $$$$$$ helicoptering even for a f*** is a insult - power of money... it's the ultimate power.

• Confused 1

5 hours ago, seajae said:

surprise surprise surprise, will be home detention next, this was the plan from the start, he will never spend time in jail especially now pt is in govt, the people of Thailand have been crapped on big time alll for this mans return and for pt to get their snouts back in the trough

The Thai people have be «  crapped on » since the coup d’état !!!!!!!

• Thumbs Up 1

7 minutes ago, pedro01 said:

There's one of 2 things going on here:

1 - Thaksin is terminally ill and has come back to die in Thailand - obviously not in jail though

2 - This is all part of a negotiated plan which will end in him being free as a bird

I think its all in the plan.

He'll get hospital arrest as its more comfortable, until his release.

I saw mentioned on the news yesterday that, out of blue, the former yellowshirt leaders case was due a decision in the next few days.  It was quoted my some MP that he would get the charges / case dropped if Taksin did.

This is what I think may play out; both the red and yellows are apeased by 'their guy' being granted their freedom.

It makes sense now that they are one big happy family ????

12 minutes ago, pedro01 said:

There's one of 2 things going on here:

1 - Thaksin is terminally ill and has come back to die in Thailand - obviously not in jail though

2 - This is all part of a negotiated plan which will end in him being free as a bird

I know which one I'll bet on!

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

5 hours ago, brianthainess said:

So he can wear his own clothes, and not have to get a haircut, I wonder what other inmates feel about that.

Nothing...they were raised in this system and know their place in society. It's normal. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, scorecard said:

And many rejoice that a serious threat to Thailand's stability, development and transition to a real democracy has been removed.

The country couldn't be so lucky... 

Pol Lt Gen Dr Sopnarush Singhajaru, Surgeon General of Police General Hospital, said former PM Thaksin Shinawatra is treated like any other inmate at the hospital.

Thaksin isn't in a premium royal suite or an air-conditioned room, but due to age and medical reasons, he's exempt from handcuffs as per the law.

He said the room treating Thaksin was converted from a former Covid patient room. Thaksin engages with doctors but retains high blood pressure, he added.

The police cordoned off the 14th floor for security. Pol Maj Gen Nakarin Sukontawit stated they aid Corrections officials in safeguarding Thaksin and deny rumors of another hospital transfer.

https://twitter.com/ThaiEnquirer/status/1694264387958448619

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, bizboi said:

I suppose you know hundreds of them personally!!!

Not only 4 of which three not remained VIPs, fortunes turn sometimes, and one went to prison for a few years.

It happens to many VIPs see Thaksin.

Edited by BE88
  • Thumbs Up 1

Certainly there is a plan, Thaksin would not come back to rot 8 years in prison. But two simple considerations for all those who think that the transfer to Police Hospital was part of the plan:

a) the conditions he has, and they are probably real, do get worse with time. He could probably jet out to HK or play golf when it was his decision, but now somebody high up very wisely doesn't want him to risk his death while in custody.

b) say what you want, but he isn't an idiot. Why would he want to be transferred after just 12 hours, surely he could wait a week or two without his favorite wine.