What did you have for breakfast?

BritManToo

Today:

Bowl of Branflakes with raisins and milk.

Yesterday:

Egg with mayonaise (Co-op) sandwich and a ham with small chunk Branston pickle sandwich. A glass of skimmed milk. 

For reference: a vast range of UK food and drink products are widely available here in Siem Reap. 

On 8/24/2023 at 7:18 AM, Crossy said:

At 04.30!

Frosties!! I need the sugar hit to prepare for a nice stressy morning of moaning at contractors. Real full-fat milk.

And, as a Brit, tea of course (no milk or sugar).

Lunch will be in the office canteen, rice and two sides - 35Baht.

Dinner will be whatever Madam has prepared and a couple of cans.

what time do you sleep?

Whats your job?

On 8/24/2023 at 2:20 AM, herfiehandbag said:

What did you have for breakfast?

Isn't it on Facebook?

There was a guy on FB ( pattaya or Phuket ) that did a month experiment  on 5000 Baht. He published every day what he spent and how. He had hundreds of followers!!!  ( No , I did  not).

On 8/26/2023 at 6:30 AM, Luuk Chaai said:

Carnivore !      4-5-6 eggs  ( and lots of butter )  with  4 strips bacon   and a can of sardines or a 1/2lb burger

no bread (sugar )  ,,no fruit ( sugar ) banana's are one of the worst .. and that means no fruit juices either

no pasta/rice/beans .. no corn/grains of any kind...  these are  the  heart attack makers

it's the  grains/sugar that causes the inflamation that leads to plaque

Human bodies are designed to be carnivore ..  check out the  "Proper Human Diet"

A lot of BS has been written over the years, and believed,  by those seeking quick answers to weight loss. Humans are omnivores. We need fiber to have  a cleaner gastro system. Fruit has vitamins that meat doesn't also, and the suger from fruit is never a problem if you aren't eating it all day long and in excess amounts. You can surely lose weight, if need be, by going to a Keto diet, and it does work, but shouldn't be used forever. Oatmeal is a very healthy grain, as is rice. They are the least to cause allergies and inflammation. Wheat, pasta, can be a problem if you are intolerant to wheat. Other grains might be if you are gluten intolerant. Some are both, many are neither. Too much refined sugar is what causes obesity, and then heart attacks. Too much fat can do the same. Too much LDL from saturated fats raise your cholesterol, which can cause a heart attack or stroke. I have eaten grains, vegetables, starches, fruit , and pasta all my life, along with mostly chicken, fish and lean meat, and have stayed lean all that time, with a resting pulse of 58, and blood pressure averaging 115 over 55. Calories from too much alcohol, fruit juices or whole milk are the worst. Drinking calories is never a good thing, although wine and beer in moderation isn't a problem. I had trained thousands of people back when I lived in the US, and helped with their diets. Every one made gains in muscle, lost fat and lowered their cholesterol and blood pressure. It's not a hard science but fad diets are never the answer.

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, fredwiggy said:

A lot of BS has been written over the years, and believed,  by those seeking quick answers to weight loss. Humans are omnivores. We need fiber to have  a cleaner gastro system. Fruit has vitamins that meat doesn't also, and the suger from fruit is never a problem if you aren't eating it all day long and in excess amounts. You can surely lose weight, if need be, by going to a Keto diet, and it does work, but shouldn't be used forever. Oatmeal is a very healthy grain, as is rice. They are the least to cause allergies and inflammation. Wheat, pasta, can be a problem if you are intolerant to wheat. Other grains might be if you are gluten intolerant. Some are both, many are neither. Too much refined sugar is what causes obesity, and then heart attacks. Too much fat can do the same. Too much LDL from saturated fats raise your cholesterol, which can cause a heart attack or stroke. I have eaten grains, vegetables, starches, fruit , and pasta all my life, along with mostly chicken, fish and lean meat, and have stayed lean all that time, with a resting pulse of 58, and blood pressure averaging 115 over 55. Calories from too much alcohol, fruit juices or whole milk are the worst. Drinking calories is never a good thing, although wine and beer in moderation isn't a problem. I had trained thousands of people back when I lived in the US, and helped with their diets. Every one made gains in muscle, lost fat and lowered their cholesterol and blood pressure. It's not a hard science but fad diets are never the answer.

Be balanced and wise! Not so complicated, but one of the hardest thing, is to give up the quick fix, for a long lasting habit that cures most individual problems, such as insomnia, restlessness, depression, some other mental related problems, and obesity, blood pressure, skin problem, early aging +++

Then you can stop all other self medication just by food, think about that ????????

Edited by Hummin

On 8/26/2023 at 8:35 PM, Burma Bill said:

Today:

Bowl of Branflakes with raisins and milk.

Yesterday:

Egg with mayonaise (Co-op) sandwich and a ham with small chunk Branston pickle sandwich. A glass of skimmed milk. 

For reference: a vast range of UK food and drink products are widely available here in Siem Reap. 

Move to Cambodia and want to eat the same <deleted> as left back home.

Thanks for the laugh that brightened my day.

22 hours ago, Hummin said:

Be balanced and wise! Not so complicated, but one of the hardest thing, is to give up the quick fix, for a long lasting habit that cures most individual problems, such as insomnia, restlessness, depression, some other mental related problems, and obesity, blood pressure, skin problem, early aging +++

Then you can stop all other self medication just by food, think about that ????????

Strangely, despite living a <deleted> life interspersed with all too short wonderful interludes, sleeping has never normally been a problem, and I actually wish I slept less.

I'm not even clinically depressed, though I do suffer from melancholia.

18 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Strangely, despite living a <deleted> life interspersed with all too short wonderful interludes, sleeping has never normally been a problem, and I actually wish I slept less.

I'm not even clinically depressed, though I do suffer from melancholia.

As you exercise your physical body, your mind need exercises to, especially if something bothers you, or keep your mind busy with time-consuming not productive mind games. 

2 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Move to Cambodia and want to eat the same <deleted> as left back home.

Thanks for the laugh that brightened my day.

That's actually what most of us do. Why stop eating some of the best food on earth just because it might be hard to find? Asian food is great but not every day. White rice every day isn't a  healthy choice because of the glycemic index besides the fact it would get boring. <deleted> back home? Where are you from, Antarctica with whale and penguin as choices?

• Thumbs Up 1

16 hours ago, fredwiggy said:

That's actually what most of us do. Why stop eating some of the best food on earth just because it might be hard to find? Asian food is great but not every day. White rice every day isn't a  healthy choice because of the glycemic index besides the fact it would get boring. <deleted> back home? Where are you from, Antarctica with whale and penguin as choices?

LOL. Had I not actually lived in the UK for 10 years I might not have been able to laugh at that. While I have no doubt that the British rich eat well, as the rich do all over the world, for the avearge Brit the food they eat is either very average or overprocessed supermarket factory muck. Till I saw it I couldn't believe that Brit takeaway shops cook loads and leave it to moulder under some lights- ghastly muck. In NZ it's cooked when  ordered.

Asian food is great but not every day. White rice every day isn't a  healthy choice because of the glycemic index besides the fact it would get boring

Seriously, 55555555555555555!

What did all those millions of Asians do without McDucks or KFC**p to give them tasty and nutritious food ( sarcasm alert )?

Back before the great American junk food invasion Thais looked thinner and healthier on their white rice diet.

We didn't eat whale meat or penguins in Antarctica. The US contingent at McMurdo ate the same junk they ate back home ( however, I did like real hot dogs and icecream ) and the NZ contingent ate the same food we eat in NZ, though whether it is any healthier than US food is debatable.

We did once get to eat some seal meat as a special meal, but there were no requests for a repeat.

19 hours ago, Hummin said:

As you exercise your physical body, your mind need exercises to, especially if something bothers you, or keep your mind busy with time-consuming not productive mind games. 

Your advice for time-consuming not productive mind games is relevant, as I do take my mind off my troubles by going on this forum.

• Thumbs Up 1

34 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Your advice for time-consuming not productive mind games is relevant, as I do take my mind off my troubles by going on this forum.

One exercise is to produce positive thoughts and beliefs that influence you in the dayily life. Produce negativity as many daily do, and also disuss negative happenings form your mind and your happy hormones. 

Im not sure I succeed every day, but looking at things from a different perspective and also write more positivity, helps me to become a more positive individual on a long term basis. 

I cant stay long around negative people, but for some strange reasons, I kind of find positivity in all the negativity at this forum. 

It actually brightens up my day for some morbid reasons. 

Three big organic eggs.  Scrambled with no oil in skillet, a dash of home made yogurt. Salt and fresh cracked black pepper.

Bowl of homemade yogurt with sunflower seeds, peanuts, dried cantalope, pumpkin seeds and a seasonal fruit such as mango or rambuttan.

Peppermint and lime tea.  Cut my own fresh sprig of peppermint each morning.  

Oh...and I forgot....a giant helping of pop up ads on AseanNow.