All you can eat/drink hotel buffet recommendations.

bamboozled

I used to go to the Meridien on occasion for this type of thing, La Favola restaurant, and was pretty satisfied but they're closed right now. If I remember, it was about 2k (pre covid) including open bar. Anything like that to recommend, folks?

Thank you, Bamboozled

Thanks all. I'm asking about Chiang Mai for myself but if folks wnat to throw in Bkk stuff, have at it. La Favola was pretty darn good and kind of hi-so therefore a nice break from my usual MO. That's what was half the fun. You felt like you were on vacation somewhere else. Auf der Au is great and a completely diff experience. I see the Centara advertises buffets but not sure about the alcohol drink situation.

Edited by bamboozled
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

9 minutes ago, bamboozled said:

Thanks all. I'm asking about Chiang Mai for myself but if folks wnat to throw in Bkk stuff, have at it. La Favola was pretty darn good and kind of hi-so therefore a nice break from my usual MO. That's what was half the fun. You felt like you were on vacation somewhere else. Auf der Au is great and a completely diff experience. I see the Centara advertises buffets but not sure about the alcohol drink situation.

Not always easy to spot in which forum it is, but my favourite restaurant in Chiang Mai. No buffet as far I know, but what we have eat from the menu was great, and also great selection of wine and cognac as well Armagnac. 

https://lebistrot-chiangmai.com/

• Like 1

5 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

Don't supposed you've every been to any of the decent ones then...

Interesting how you can make such a statement with such an obvious absence of experience.

I have had experience of buffets many times, not quite as good as the ones you go to, can't afford it.

5 hours ago, TheAppletons said:

I like the breakfast buffet at the Shangri-La hotel.  650 THB (does not include alcohol.)

Pretty good variety, very nice atmosphere, reasonably "affordable luxury".

Thank you. I've heard they do a pretty good spread. I will give it a go!

James Noble I had the pleasure to enjoy his food in BKK, Hua Hin, and Chiang Mai. He is a bit eccentric and a genius when it comes to design,  and presentation, and some great taste when he used to have his sunday brunches in Hua Hin, or Pranburi.

He have a new concept rolling in Chiang Mai opening 10. Oct.

Check him out and sign up for his news letter. 

Former Michelin chef and also contestent in the TV program Iron Chef. Just google him, alot of articles about him and his philosophy about food if interested.

http://chefjamesnoble.com/?fbclid=IwAR2zjuc4pDQrMBkA2DCFYF_Wi7cbGUtf6-2rD1l_QT6xMYRbKZ4BaOtXLkI

https://hotmagazine.website/a-conversation-with-james-noble/

Edited by Hummin

13 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

Don't supposed you've every been to any of the decent ones then...

Interesting how you can make such a statement with such an obvious absence of experience.

Or it can just be a matter of personal taste. Some people just don´t like buffet, as it is actually food out in the open being held warm or cold for an unknown amount of time. However, I have nothing against a high quality buffet. But, back to the point. Everybody do not think same as you.

• Thumbs Up 1