Double-Decker City Sightseeing Bus Tours Now Available in Pattaya

webfact

This outfit ran these buses ( same colour scheme) in a number of cities in the UK, including the one I came from. There they used loopholes in the road traffic regulations designed to help public buses to trundle around. They run to a pre-recorded commentary, theoretically using headphones but in practice usually broadcast over loudspeakers. Because the drivers had to keep to the commentary they moved very slowly, and would stop in the middle of the road, pumping out diesel fumes and their inane historically inaccurate commentaries outside various landmarks. Major contributors to congestion and pollution, and where I lived (Bath) a lot of damage to the roads - the Georgian terrace housing has cellars which extend out under the roads.

I always wondered in what way they were "official". They were hated by the locals.

Bloody things.

Edited by herfiehandbag
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, webfact said:

to explore stops or snap scenic photos on board, the experience is bound to be memorable.

Scenic photos of mass brawls at Bali Hai; nothing else of note happens till after dark when the buses don't run.

3 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

Good idea, i wonder if it goes down Soi 6

Meh, looks like they are sealed for the Chinese/Japanese.

I do like the older open air ones. To much to ask for here I guess, people are kind of spoiled and need the a/c everywhere.

That small upper roof section would likely be closed off during the tour for the a/c.

IMG_0286.jpeg

Edited by JimTripper
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Just now, JimTripper said:

I do like the older open air ones. To much to ask for here I guess, people are kind of spoiled and need the a/c everywhere.

The strong sun and heat would make that a risk.... even getting to the upper deck might kill a few off.

I wonder at the commentary from the Tour Guide

" Well her we are in the famous City of Pattaya

Firstly on your right, you will see a huge unmarked hole in the Road which over the recent past has been the site of many accidents,

This hole is the much prized site of the City Council, and remains open for 24 Hours every Day

Next on the Left side you can see piles of stinking Trash - at this point in the Tour you are advised to hold your Noses

Next will be the sight and sound of many Beer Bars blaring out obnoxious Music

Apologies - Your Tour will have to be cut short as we appear to be stuck in Traffic"

Y

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, JimTripper said:

Meh, looks like they are sealed for the Chinese/Japanese.

That small upper roof section would likely be closed off during the tour for the a/c.

IMG_0286.jpeg

i saw one a few days ago that had the front half of the top floor as an open top, kinda moveable top

• Like 1

5 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

Good idea, i wonder if it goes down Soi 6

That's about the only place to take any scenic photos.......if you don't get strangled by the overhead  electric cables first 

3 hours ago, herfiehandbag said:

This outfit ran these buses ( same colour scheme) in a number of cities in the UK, including the one I came from. There they used loopholes in the road traffic regulations designed to help public buses to trundle around. They run to a pre-recorded commentary, theoretically using headphones but in practice usually broadcast over loudspeakers. Because the drivers had to keep to the commentary they moved very slowly, and would stop in the middle of the road, pumping out diesel fumes and their inane historically inaccurate commentaries outside various landmarks. Major contributors to congestion and pollution, and where I lived (Bath) a lot of damage to the roads - the Georgian terrace housing has cellars which extend out under the roads.

I always wondered in what way they were "official". They were hated by the locals.

Bloody things.

(Bath)  Strange name for a city in UK! 

• Confused 4

1 hour ago, Cake Monster said:

I wonder at the commentary from the Tour Guide

" Well her we are in the famous City of Pattaya

Firstly on your right, you will see a huge unmarked hole in the Road which over the recent past has been the site of many accidents,

This hole is the much prized site of the City Council, and remains open for 24 Hours every Day

Next on the Left side you can see piles of stinking Trash - at this point in the Tour you are advised to hold your Noses

Next will be the sight and sound of many Beer Bars blaring out obnoxious Music

Apologies - Your Tour will have to be cut short as we appear to be stuck in Traffic"

Y

Not stuck in traffic,     the drivers having a Kip, 

• Haha 1

If they start near the Dolphin circle, go to BR to the end near WS,  then circle all the way back on 2nd road, it is probably a 30 minute ride with all the construction now.  Beach road is being torn up again and 2nd is full of major construction.  Will be very boring to sit on that bus.

48 minutes ago, Mintyy said:

I bet every Pattya YT vlogger is going to love this. Close your curtains and have your ladies place a hand on their melons as they walk outdoors. It's about to get wild!

Most of them are doing condo tours now so anything new helps!

7 minutes ago, Eff1n2ret said:

Why? The name originates from Roman times, when it was known as Aquae Sulis, as they harnessed the natural thermal springs there to create a spa, which still exists. Or is this some cheap gibe at the cleanliness of Brits?

A bunch of overweight sweaty guys in a male only bath. No thanks.

• Confused 1

Courtesy "The Beatles"-

Roll up for the Mystery Tour
The Magical Mystery Tour
Is waiting to take you away
Waiting to take you away… 

........... to see the beer and go-go bars, sex clubs, pot shops, beach brawls, an unfinished towering concrete monstrocity, etc.etc.

5 hours ago, Eff1n2ret said:

Why? The name originates from Roman times, when it was known as Aquae Sulis, as they harnessed the natural thermal springs there to create a spa, which still exists. Or is this some cheap gibe at the cleanliness of Brits?

Whatever you say! 

• Confused 1