Thailand shakes up golden visa scheme, hikes prices by up to 500 per cent

webfact

Damn, they really really not even get the slightest idea. This is just so stupid, that it becomes sad. Like you would wish nobody such low IQ. I was expecting a lowering of prices.

For example a 5 year elite visa for 250,000 baht, still expensive, but much better.

Why on earth would you pay near 200,000 a year upfront for 5 years. You can setup a business for 1/3rd of the cost and still get a business visa, or any other type of visa in 10 directions (with agents).

It is that much money you could even establish a company overseas, to then make a business here to have a representative office company and then get a non-b too.

I would even keep messing around tourist visa's more likely, as it gives a very big travel budget to make it fun and worth it. Could visit multiple countries far away and many times within SE asia.

Edited by ChaiyaTH
  • Like 2

Ok good for the rich people.

Now get on with the 90 day visa exempt program....and even if you have to charge a bit more so we don't have to leave the country or go stand in line at immigration or fool with all that evisa online aggravation that would be fine with me.

Charge $1 usd a day for 90 days no BS no hassle and allow it to be extended one more time for another $1 usd a day....$180 for six months for the snowbirds.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, JayClay said:

I also don't have a child

I know, I just state the options as you ask obvious question. You could also get a business visa extension for 1900 baht immigration costs under 50, or a work visa paid by the company.

Edited by ChaiyaTH
  • Thumbs Up 1

14 minutes ago, JayClay said:

Could you please explain which visa I could get for 1900bt a year at immigration?

I'm single and under 50.

Your post makes me pause and think. If they reform the current retirement extensions and increase the age to match the Thai retirement age of 60, then there are going to be a lot more people needing these expensive Reserve/Elite visas or whatever they call them.

Edited by John Drake
  • Confused 3
  • Thumbs Up 1